padam, both types

DhadiMania

there are two types of padam, a padam can be on the hand (is it padam rekha?), and the other one can be on the foot.

i have decided to have this discussion because it was in katha by gyani sant singh maskeen today (but couldnt hear it all because the volume was pretty low). rsingh, ask him that question on the significance of the padam (when you get to meet him).

the defination of padam is basically a birthmark, which guru nanak dev ji had, i believe it was on his foot and in the palm of his hand. now this mark is really ucha, they say. but whats the significance?

because from what gyani ji was saying, it takes time to get the padam on the sole of the foot, and it takes just as long to get it on the palm.

so people, if one has it, what does it mean?

Dear Sangat ji,

Gurfateh!

It is interesting indeed. Is "Padam rekha" an palmistry element, because if it is, its definitely against Sikhi to either believe in it or hanker after it. This is the first time I am hearing about this. Googling on "padam rekha" reveals that one Baba Sawan singh of SantMat had it.

By the way, what is the position of modern day sikhi with regards to palmistry, astrology etc.? Some body more informed please share with us!

ram_simar

padam is a birthmark, and i have noticed that guru nanak dev ji had this, baba nand singh ji had this, and baba sawan singh also had it, bhagwan krishna had it, and did vishnu have it as well?

there is someone i have come across often in life who has this padam, he is also a moona.

but, the significance is???????

ps.. gurmat says its wrong for palmistry as maharaj da hukam can change.

By the way, what is the position of modern day sikhi with regards to palmistry, astrology etc.? Some body more informed please share with us!

ram_simar

Brother i welcome your query on Sikhism's stand on Palmistry and Astrology etc.

First of all there is nothing ike "modern day sikhism".

Sikhism is only one since its inception and would remain so forever.

We as Sikhs are not to follow any of the supersitions in whatever form they come.

Astrology, palmistry could be right or wrong but we Sikhs don't believe in at all.

We are the believers of ALMIGHTY, THE CREATOR under who everything comes and nothing is above Him. So why bother about trivial thing like astrology when you have the mightiest of all,God, with you :wub:

it is simple isnt it

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

it has nothing to do with sikhi

sant jarnail singh je never had one

sant gurbachan singh je never had one

y stress over it

just because someone talks about it doesnt mean its important

guru je has said dont worry bout stuff like this

just do ure bhagti

worship the almighty

thas it

i agree with myfirstlovesikhsm

its doesnt matter

if we start paying attention to superstitious stuff like this, wat makes us different from the superstiotus hindus

it dont matter

guru je stressed worship of vaheguru je and little sign things dont matter

bhula chuka mafWaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

lol, i knew youd say something like that khalistani :TH: .

but gyani ji said the gurus wrote they had padam in sggs. guru arjun dev ji said he had one on his hand. baba nand singh ji had one, so surly it must mean something. but what????

khalistani, bear in mind sant jarnail singh bhinderanwale may have been chardikala but was no where near guru nanak dev ji.