concentrating guru's feet

sevak

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

saadh sangat ji..when guru ji says that concentrate on guru's feets..so when one tries to concentrate by imagning that he is sitting in the gurughar..and looking at guru ji..does that mean same thing as concentrating on guru's feet??

bhul chuk maaf jeoo

loonharami

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

we concentrate on the gurus feet because thats what the padam symbolises (i think, not sure), guru ji had a birthmark on his foot, the mark is there to show we can concentrate on the feet of the gurus.

now similar to sggs, we dont concentrate on the feet, we concentrate on the shabad guru. which, is that the the gurus feet? someone clarify that.

bhol chukke muaff

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

foot sign?

i dont think thats it veer je

gursikhs wud litterally imagine guru je feet when doing bhagti

once, a singh from very far away concentrated on guru hargobind sahib jes feet, and once it was time to eat in the everning guru je said he cant get up cause a sikh of his has held him by the feet

only once the singh did ardaas did guru je go and eat langar

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

here are my two cents. i could be wrong so i seek forgiveness.

But i think personifying or embodying our Gurus is not right.

Moreover i don't think that the story that a veer told here about Guru Hargobind ji's feet is not in accordance with Sikhism. It can't be proven with evidence so why refer to it.

I personally think that when Guru ji says that concentrate on Guru's feet he is not referring to his feet. Gurus many times referred God to be there satguru so that should be taken in that sense. Gurus were not of the kind who would ask anyone to concentrate on their feet, Gurus were very humble and modest and never talked big about themselves or never presented themselves highy and mighty.

Only GOD is considered the highest and mightiest. Gurus were excellent poets and we should see these things in the poetic sense. i think when gurus referred to the feet of Guru, they meant that we should concentrate on God as being his servants, so the symbolism being His feet.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

u cud be right veer je

i cud always be wrong

i read the sakhi in a book

its a prob. a true sakhi

ill find the name of the singh

but these days we cant imagine guru je foot

guru je dont have feet in his present roop

if u had darshan of guru je, and then imagined his feet, then i guess...

anyways

sant baba nand singh je used to take langar to guru granth sahib je

and we know guru je has no mouth

but its out of pyar

and,

one idea of worshipping guru jes feet cud be thinking as guru je daas

but there wud be nothing wrong in worshipping the body of guru je too

its all about how much pyaar and sharda u have

sant baba nand singh je used to worship the inside and outside of guru granth sahib je sooo much

its all about pyar and sharda

but ure idea about considering us guru jes daas is also true

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i don't think it's something to argue over ... but if it's in the spirit of chardee kalaa and vichar then i'd say that i agree with khalistani veerjee

there was a very chardee kalaa singh in my sangat who recently passed away and he used to talk with me on the phone quite often and give me advice

he laughed that he was not a moderate or fundamentalist - some people called him a fanatic but in his heart he was just a gursikh and some people thought his beliefs were weird but that's up to them to think that way - he would just do his prema bhagti

anyway he used to say things like "we need to go to the gurdwaras where there are tables and chairs and teach the kids" and he wasn't afraid of anybody but guru jee and the khalsa panth. you see the akal takhat hukamnama bans us from eating on tables and chairs, but not from helping the kids. some of us have even stopped going to those gurdwaras at all!

he used to say that if you have guru granth sahib prakash at your home, your home is a gurdwara and you should eat on the floor as akal takhat has said. but on the other hand he used to say just because there are gurdwaras where people don't respect akal takhat doesn't mean the kids there are bad. kids are innocent and we need to share sikhi with them. kids are the future.

this singh was so chardee kalaa he used to wake up at amrit vela and he would get very emotional when he read gurbani - he was really in love with guru jee. another thing that he u

sed to say is that you should prepare langar for guru jee, fresh langar in the morning and the evening. this is the same thing that baba nand singh jee from nanaksar used to do.

I know it's hard for us to imagine that guru sahib is a real living entity but guru sahib is really beyond our comprehension at all.

so many gurmukhs have had amazing experiences that are beyond words realizing the true vision of guru granth sahib jee.

in fact baba ishar singh jee witnessed baba nand singh jee going INTO guru granth sahib jee as if guru granth sahib jee was an ocean and baba nand singh jee was absorbing into the ocean.

i think there is another story of i think sant baba harnaam singh jee or sant baba [edited - see post below] singh jee... sant jee used to do prakash of guru granth sahib each day... but he told another sevadaar to do prakash one day, and the next day when sant jee got darshan of guru maharaj he saw the parthakh suroop of guru arjan dev jee with red eyes.. and sant jee asked what had happened and guru jee said that the sevadar who did prakash treated guru granth sahib jee like a book - and did the seva with no pyaar and scratched the guru's eyes... so from then on sant jee did prakash seva all the time

and i know our limited mind thinks that a sikh's devotion or lack of devotion can't affect the guru but then what should we make of the story of bhai makhan shah lobhana? he prayed to the guru that his ship would be rescued and it was. and when he finally went to see baba bakala (guru tegh bahadur jee), guru jee showed him the scar on his shoulder from carrying his boat across the ocean.

what about when we take a hukamnama?

if we think guru sahib is just an inanimate object with no real light or life, then how come so many countless times the hukam of guru maharaaj is exactly in line with our ardaas?

for example the hukamnama for the shaheeds of saka nankana was "than man kaat kaat sabh arpee vich agnee aap jalaaee"

and t

his is the exact fate these shaheeds got - they were cut to peices and burnt alive to protect their guru and the panth's honour ...

what about when we do parkarma of guru sahib?

I know a gursikh who was doing parkarma of guru sahib and as he walked around he became overwhelmed by the large takhat of guru sahib and he was in complete awe... he suddenly saw guru gobind singh jee sitting on the takhat and he had a realization that guru granth sahib is truly the same as all the guru suroops before

if we think guru granth sahib is not the king, not the master of the universe then what about bhai sahib bhai randhir singh jee's experiences?

for example in his jail chittiyan autobiography, bhai sahib talks about one experience with guru granth sahib jee he says that he saw the chaur sahib moving over guru jee, but no body was there and no hand - just the chaur sahib as if somebody was really waving it. doesn't this make "nehchal chaur chhath" shabad of gurbani a reality?

i mean if there was ONE story by ONE person then i would think this is all silly... guru granth sahib suroop is not human suroop... and that's true to some extent..

but for those people who are absorbed in prema bhagtee there is a whole different realm

and there are SO MANY cases of this...

that a sikh has a real relationship with his guru

whether it's doing ardas, or concentrating on guru jee's feet, or anything else

they actually get real parthakh darshan for their visual senses and they actually have conversations with different suroops of the guru jyot (guru nanak dev jee or guru arjan dev jee or another suroop).

they actually get to absorb into guru jee's feet

and if we think that this is just a metaphor

what about bhai gurdas jee's vaar about guru nanak coming to earth

Bhai gurdas jee says :

charan dhhoe rehiraas kar charanaamrith skhiaa(n) peelaayaa||

He washed His feet, eulogised God

and got his Disciples drink the ambrosia of his feet.

and there are many other shabads like this which talk about "charn pahul" and "charn amrit"

When Guru jee says "sant janaa kee raynkaa lai maathay laavo"

are we supposed to take that ONLY as a metaphor?

does that mean we should not really put the dust of the saints feet on our forehead?

When somebody does this with the right intentions are they wrong?

When Guru jee says "hum thin kay charan pakhaalday dhooR ghol ghol peejai"

I know a gursikh who gathered the dust of the sangat at the gurdwara and ground it up, and put it in a tea pot... he poured in milk and sugar and he stirred it over and over reciting waheguru waheguru

then he drank it and went to sleep

he did it with love and faith because he thought that this is what he deserves - to be so low and to have that honour of drinking the sangat's charna dhooR

was he wrong? was his intentions wrong?

And who are we to judge somebody's actions if we are not antharjaamee and can't see their motivation and intention?

these are beyond the realization of lowly people like me and as long as i don't know the reality i can't doubt the true devotees either.

please forgive my mistakes

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest noonespecial

The story of Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Jee written by my khalsapreet veer was from Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Jee biography, Se Kinehya.

Some Singh was entrusted to do Sohkasin Dee Seva for Guru Granth Sahib Jee and was negligent and did not make the folds of the rumaalay properly. The next morning when Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Jee was doing prakaash dee seva then Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Jee appeared before him. Baba Jee noticed something wrong with his Guru Sahib and asked "Paatshah, what's is wrong with your eyes." Guru Sahib replied that the Singh who did Sohkasin Dee Seva did not do it with utmost attention and the folds of the rumaalay were in His eyes and that is why His eyes were red.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

How can I concentrate on the gurus feet, when I havent seen the Gurus feet.

You can recite the mool mantra /waheguru mantra all the time ; this will remind you of God at all times

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!