Tired

Guest worn out bibi

I still say a few minutes of news isn't the issue here. The outside world is full of negativity and terrible people - should we lock ourselves away from the world and never leave our homes, in case this negativity harms us? Of course not.

But we should avoid things that trigger negtive thoughts in our mind. It's like saying give a shot of alcohol now to a kid, he'll going to drink anyways. There's times in a person's life when you're strong enough to take on more challenges, where you are not affected negatively.

The news isn't always about tragedies. Most of it tells us about issues (or potential issues) that affect our everyday life. It just depends what news channel you watch. :D

When a person is building their base, everything needs to be looked at and then assessed. What kind of emotions is the event bringing up in me. If negative then avoid it. if positve and/ore moves a person forward in life then by all means do it.

And I'm not saying 'Don't Do Paath' (in-case my words are interpreted that way). I'm saying there is no provable link between feeling out-of-sorts physically with watching the news.

I don't think you need a science lab to test it out. A person can look toward Gurbani for the answers here. Guru Sahib says avoid sangat that will not bring positive virtues in you. Talking about tragedies to people that don't have a hold on their emotions is a bad move. People that have a hold on their emotions can handle negative info and not let it affect their behavior or moods. But those that are easily swayed, by negative news are going to act accordingly and this causes a mess in their lives. When they get a mentality that is tough enough to handle negative news and not be affected by it, to the point of complete mood swings. They should avoid it.

it's like a person who is trying to get rid of an alcohol addiction. They should not go where alcohol is present because this can trigger them to drink and drink excessively.

But we should avoid things that trigger negtive thoughts in our mind. It's like saying give a shot of alcohol now to a kid, he'll going to drink anyways. There's times in a person's life when you're strong enough to take on more challenges, where you are not affected negatively.

A poor comparison, exaggerated to make a point. If somebody is as fragile so that even the merest negative thought will bring their life to a standstill, then I dread to think how such a person would be able to survive in the world on a day-to-day basis. I am referring to your example above, i.e. negative thoughts, not tragedy after tragedy. Remember the original poster seems to be alluding to a problem with physical lethargy. As far as we know there is no mental issue (from what the person in question has told us so far).

When a person is building their base, everything needs to be looked at and then assessed. What kind of emotions is the event bringing up in me. If negative then avoid it. if positve and/ore moves a person forward in life then by all means do it.

The original poster is not building a spiritual base. Yes, you could argue that she should be. But then she could be doing a lot of things she isn't currently doing. She is merely trying to gather up enough energy so that life's duties can be fulfiled. Yes I do agree that any adverse and unreasonable negatvity is never positive or helpful, however it is impossible to escape such emotions unless one completely cuts all ties with the world. Even then the only negativity one would experience is the type that originates from our own mind. It goes without saying that unless we have total control over our senses and emotions, such thoughts will remain.

I don't think you need a science lab to test it out. A person can look toward Gurbani for the answers here. Guru Sahib says avoid sangat that will not bring positive virtues in you. Talking about tragedies to people that don't have a hold on their emotions is a bad move. People that have a hold on their emotions can handle negative info and not let it affect their behavior or moods. But those that are easily swayed, by negative news are going to act accordingly and this causes a mess in their lives. When they get a mentality that is tough enough to handle negative news and not be affected by it, to the point of complete mood swings. They should avoid it.

Yes I agree that Guru Sahib says avoid sangat which does not draw out positivity in oneself. But he also didn't say shut yourself off from everyone. If that were the case, then interacting with people would be a big 'no-no', because not everyone you meet in your life will possess those positive traits. Again you make the assumption that the original poster is suffering some kind of mental malady which is pure speculation on your part. But I will say this - if one is so mentally fragile that something as detached and distant as a news report (which may or may not be negative) will render a person unable to function, then how is that person expected to cope in the outside world? Like I said before, the original poster is - seemingly - not in this state of mind.

it's like a person who is trying to get rid of an alcohol addiction. They should not go where alcohol is present because this can trigger them to drink and drink excessively.

Alcohol addiction = watching news. Not really - not even for the most sensitive person in the world. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions in order to tie this problem with your understanding of the issue.

What I will say is this - Naam is the key. Its not a quick-fix or a 'shot in the arm' but its the best solution.

A poor comparison, exaggerated to make a point. If somebody is as fragile so that even the merest negative thought will bring their life to a standstill, then I dread to think how such a person would be able to survive in the world on a day-to-day basis. I am referring to your example above, i.e. negative thoughts, not tragedy after tragedy. Remember the original poster seems to be alluding to a problem with physical lethargy.

So you caught on really fast. Here i'll present, the exaggerated statement you made to make a point. Infact you brought the point back up again, so you didn't catch on.

The outside world is full of negativity and terrible people - should we lock ourselves away from the world and never leave our homes, in case this negativity harms us? Of course not

But he also didn't say shut yourself off from everyone.

Should I have to explain the above or are you catching on now to what you wrote first to start the over exaggerations. This does not have to be a war of words, but I guess, that's what you like.

As far as we know there is no mental issue (from what the person in question has told us so far).

The original poster is not building a spiritual base. Yes, you could argue that she should be. But then she could be doing a lot of things she isn't currently doing. She is merely trying to gather up enough energy so that life's duties can be fulfiled.

Are you serious about the above? I know science fanatics make statements as such. Attributing all the problems to one factor, but not open minded people.

If you read that part you quoted of mine again. I said nothing of spiritual base. But when a person is building their foundation, then they have to consider what they are doing and avoid negative events.

Yes I do agree that any adverse and unreasonable negatvity is never positive or helpful, however it is impossible to escape such emotions unless one completely cuts all ties with the world.

Here is the over exaggration again. When did I say she needs to cut herself off from the rest of the world. Not watching the news is not the end of the world.

Even then the only negativity one would experience is the type that originates from our own mind. It goes without saying that unless we have total control over our senses and emotions, such thoughts will remain.

She is sayimg that I have no stability. Something is influencing the mind into negatively. The mind needs info to process, in order to influence a person, one way or another.

Yes I agree that Guru Sahib says avoid sangat which does not draw out positivity in oneself. But he also didn't say shut yourself off from everyone.

Again no one is saying shut yourself off from the rest of the world. But cut off those negative factors that are influencing two extremes in the time being. After a more stable state is reached then go on adding things that are seen as neutral now.

If that were the case, then interacting with people would be a big 'no-no', because not everyone you meet in your life will possess those positive traits. Again you make the assumption that the original poster is suffering some kind of mental malady which is pure speculation on your part.

Here read the original post again: While your at it, look up the words stress and anxiety.

"I have a million and one things I want to do but no energy. I have huge ups and downs. Some days I get a million and one things done. the next day I can't even get out of bed. How do I get my energy level back up? I am tired of being tired. "

But I will say this - if one is so mentally fragile that something as detached and distant as a news report (which may or may not be negative) will render a person unable to function, then how is that person expected to cope in the outside world? Like I said before, the original poster is - seemingly - not in this state of mind.

Go to ang 4 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Talk to Singhs that live a high spiritual lifestyle. Just because a person is not conscious of a influence. It does not mean it did not influence them. The pauri is in the middle of ang 4.

Kaljugi said:

Alcohol addiction = watching news. Not really - not even for the most sensitive person in the world. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions in order to tie this problem with your understanding of the issue."

You seriously have a problem of understanding post. The sight of alcohol makes a alcoholic vunlerable. And a negative factor makes an unstable person vulnerable. What both of these cases have in common is that they move a person in a negative direction due to the person being unstable.

I have a million and one things I want to do but no energy. I have huge ups and downs. Some days I get a million and one things done. the next day I can't even get out of bed. How do I get my energy level back up? I am tired of being tired.

Like wales85 said see your doctor. Could be physical or mental issue i.e. manic depressive.