The Real Katha

Ang 334

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਗੂੰਗੈ ਗੁੜੁ ਖਾਇਆ ਪੂਛੇ ਤੇ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ॥੪॥੭॥੫੧॥

Says Kabeer, the mute has tasted the molasses, but what can he say about it if he is asked? ||4||7||51||

Ang 607-608

ਜਿਸ ਕੀ ਵਥੁ ਸੋਈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦੇਇ ਸੁ ਪਾਏ ॥

Only one who has it knows God; he alone has it, to whom God has given it-

ਵਸਤੁ ਅਨੂਪ ਅਤਿ ਅਗਮ ਅਗੋਚਰ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਏ ॥੩॥

the so very beautiful, unapproachable and unfathomable. Through the Perfect Guru, the unknowable is known. ||3||

ਜਿਨਿ ਇਹ ਚਾਖੀ ਸੋਈ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੂੰਗੇ ਕੀ ਮਿਠਿਆਈ ॥

Only one who tastes it knows it, like the mute, who tastes the sweet candy, but cannot speak of it.

ਰਤਨੁ ਲੁਕਾਇਆ ਲੂਕੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਰਖੈ ਲੁਕਾਈ ॥੪॥

The jewel is concealed, but it is not concealed, even though one may try to conceal it. ||4||

Ang 635

ਜਿਨ ਚਾਖਿਆ ਸੇਈ ਸਾਦੁ ਜਾਣਨਿ ਜਿਉ ਗੁੰਗੇ ਮਿਠਿਆਈ ॥

Only those who taste it know its sweet taste, like the mute, who eats the candy, and only smiles.

ਅਕਥੈ ਕਾ ਕਿਆ ਕਥੀਐ ਭਾਈ ਚਾਲਉ ਸਦਾ ਰਜਾਈ ॥

How can I describe the indescribable, O Siblings of Destiny? I shall follow His Will forever.

ਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਮੇਲੇ ਤਾ ਮਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਿਗੁਰੇ ਮਤਿ ਨ ਕਾਈ ॥

If one meets with the Guru, the Generous Giver, then he understands; those who have no Guru cannot understand this.

ਜਿਉ ਚਲਾਏ ਤਿਉ ਚਾਲਹ ਭਾਈ ਹੋਰ ਕਿਆ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ॥੬॥

As the Lord causes us to act, so do we act, O Siblings of Destiny. What other clever tricks can anyone try? ||6||

Ang 980

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਮੋਦਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰੇ ॥

Following the Guru's Teachings, I have been blessed with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. I have enshrined within my heart the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਬਨੀ ਅਤਿ ਮੀਠੀ ਜਿਉ ਗੂੰਗਾ ਗਟਕ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੇ ॥੪॥

The sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is so very sweet; like the mute, I taste its sweetness, but I cannot describe it at all. ||4||

Ang 1301-1302

ਨਾਰਾਇਨ ਨਰਪਤਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੈ ॥

The one who bows in humble reverence to the Primal Lord, the Lord of all beings

ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਬਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਤਾਰੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

- I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to such a Guru; He Himself is liberated, and He carries me across as well. ||1||Pause||

ਕਵਨ ਕਵਨ ਕਵਨ ਗੁਨ ਕਹੀਐ ਅੰਤੁ ਨਹੀ ਕਛੁ ਪਾਰੈ ॥

Which, which, which of Your Glorious Virtues should I chant? There is no end or limitation to them.

ਲਾਖ ਲਾਖ ਲਾਖ ਕਈ ਕੋਰੈ ਕੋ ਹੈ ਐਸੋ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥੧॥

There are thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, many millions of them, but those who contemplate them are very rare. ||1||

ਬਿਸਮ ਬਿਸਮ ਬਿਸਮ ਹੀ ਭਈ ਹੈ ਲਾਲ ਗੁਲਾਲ ਰੰਗਾਰੈ ॥

I am wonder-struck, wonder-struck, wonder-struck and amazed, dyed in the deep crimson color of my Beloved.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੰਤਨ ਰਸੁ ਆਈ ਹੈ ਜਿਉ ਚਾਖਿ ਗੂੰਗਾ ਮੁਸਕਾਰੈ ॥੨॥੧॥੨੦॥

Says Nanak, the Saints savor this sublime essence, like the mute, who tastes the sweet candy, but only smiles. ||2||1||20||

• 10 months later...

We limited humans, what mahima can we sing of Wahiguru? Of Him who is.oooch, apaar, beaant....Soami. The real katha of Himself is done by Himself. Naturally, if He is limitless, His katha has to be limitless in the true sense. Now who can perform that type of katha? Nobody. Except Himself. That is what and why, Guru Amar Das, says in His composition Anand Sahib, regarding the Amar Katha sung by Wahiguru Himself, through His expression of Nam, of Shabad in the following words:

He starts stating, what does that Shabad look like or sound like....

vaajay panch sabad <banned word filter activated> ghar sabhaagai.

The Panch Shabad, the five primal sounds, vibrate in that blessed house.

Then He states, what happens in the body(house) where that pure paviter Shabad is manifested and heard....

ghar sabhaagai sabad vaajay kalaa jit ghar Dhaaree-aa.

In that blessed house, the Shabad vibrates; He infuses His almighty power into it.

Then He continues to confirm what else happens when one listens to that Nam or Shabad, He says all the five vices: kam, krodh, lobh moh and ahankar are vanquihed... not only that He says... moreover we win the war with Kal, and make ourselves free in the true sense, thus then we are able and capable to reach Sach Khand....

panch doot tuDh vas keetay kaal kantak maari-aa.

Through You, we subdue the five demons of desire, and slay Death, the torturer.

Then He clearly says, who only can achieve this...only those who are wadbhagee by birth, can do the bhhakti of real Nam...through His inmense grace...it is not in one´s(human being) hand to believe or not believe...it is possible only through His Daya Meher...

Dhur karam paa-i-aa tuDh jin ka-o se naam har kai laagay.

Those who have such pre-ordained destiny are attached to the Lord's Name.

Then in the next line He explains what is the condition of those who listen to this Akash Bani, Anhad Bani, Sachee Bani... He says those who listen to it constantly, have real peace and tranquility. He also explains that in outer temples, for example the bell is rung for a limited time ....but this Shabad of Wahiguru is non stop striking...that is why as seen in the below line, He uses the words Anhad vaajay

kahai naanak tah sukh ho-aa thit ghar anhad vaajay.

Says Nanak, they are at peace, and the unstruck sound current vibrates within their homes.

The He says, that Celestial music is filled with bliss, and is the solution for fulfilling one´s desires...but not worldly desires, not mayavee desires, but those desires which are at the root of each and every soul, and those are none other than to meet its beloved Wahiguru...

anad sunhu vadbhaageeho sagal manorath pooray.

Listen to the song of bliss, O most fortunate ones; all your longings shall be fulfilled.

As said and seen in the previous line, He confimrs and guarantees that by listening to this Anhad Bani or Shabad, one meets and obtains the true Lord, none other than Wahiguru Akal Purukh, who is the fountain of limitless happiness, and so, in this way we reach Sach Khand...this is what Guru Sahiban wants to make us understand.

What is in Sach Khand?

Well, Wahiguru.

And once merged in Wahiguru what is our state?

We become pure paviter like Him, and full of Anand(which means complete happiness)

paarbarahm parabh paa-i-aa utray sagal visooray.

I have obtained the Supreme Lord God, and all sorrows have been forgotten.

My God, our Gurbani is the manifestation or the highest truths in the most simple manner available to all human beings.

And going back to the topic of the original poster, which is about The Real Katha.

Have we ever asked ourselves, why do we listen to the kathas? Well, because we may want we want real gyan, real happiness... The kathas by the mortals are o.k to an extent, but as taught by Guru Amar Das, the Real Katha, with which we can really obtain these desirable fruits, is possible by the Real Katha sung by Wahiguru Himself, which is utmost attracting, utmost beautifull, utmost pulling and above all, utmost true.... His Nam, His Shabad.

Wah Wah, pyare Wahiguru, haun tumko sadke jaava....

And going back to the topic of the original poster, which is about The Real Katha.

Have we ever asked ourselves, why do we listen to the kathas? Well, because we may want we want real gyan, real happiness... The kathas by the mortals are o.k to an extent, but as taught by Guru Amar Das, the Real Katha, with which we can really obtain these desirable fruits, is possible by the Real Katha sung by Wahiguru Himself, which is utmost attracting, utmost beautifull, utmost pulling and above all, utmost true.... His Nam, His Shabad.

Wah Wah, pyare Wahiguru, haun tumko sadke jaava....

sMq jnw imil pweIAY rsnw nwmu Bxw ] sa(n)th janaa mil paaeeai rasanaa naam bhanaa || Meeting with the humble Saints, the Lord is found, as we chant His Name with our tongues.

ijn kO swDU BytIAY so drgh hoie Klwsu ] jin ka saadhhoo bhaetteeai so dharageh hoe khalaas || Those who meet with the Holy Saints are liberated in the Court of the Lord.

sMq shweI pRym ky hau iqn kY lwgw pwie ] sa(n)th sehaaee praem kae ho thin kai laagaa paae || The Saints are the helpers of the Lord's lovers; I fall and touch their feet.

qnu mnu mauilAw rwm isau sMig swD shylVIAwh ] than man mouliaa raam sio sa(n)g saadhh sehaelarreeaah || Their bodies and minds blossom forth in the Lord; they have the companionship of the Holy Saints.

ibiKAw poih n skeI imil swDU gux gwhu ] bikhiaa pohi n sakee mil saadhhoo gun gaahu || Corruption shall not touch you, when you join the Holy Saints and sing the Lord's Praises.

I believe you have completely missed the mark here. First the OP, is not at all saying the Katha of Saint is limited. Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj didn't put Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj, but these Vaars are given the key to Gurbani (to understand Gurbani read these Vaars) by Satguru, himself. These Vaars are the katha of Bhai Gurdas ji. Since Satguru accepted them as the true Bani, then his Sikh should never deny or think the Vaars are limited of the Saint, Bhai Gurdas ji.

The above Gurbani lines are from ang sung 133 to ang sung 135. Shabad Guru has pointed to a Sikh to always go to Saints and listen to their katha. Shabad Guru goes to the extent of saying in the company of the Holy Saints, you realize Vaheguru.

I believe you have completely missed the mark here. First the OP, is not at all saying the Katha of Saint is limited. Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj didn't put Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj, but these Vaars are given the key to Gurbani (to understand Gurbani read these Vaars) by Satguru, himself. These Vaars are the katha of Bhai Gurdas ji. Since Satguru accepted them as the true Bani, then his Sikh should never deny or think the Vaars are limited of the Saint, Bhai Gurdas ji.

The above Gurbani lines are from ang sung 133 to ang sung 135. Shabad Guru has pointed to a Sikh to always go to Saints and listen to their katha. Shabad Guru goes to the extent of saying in the company of the Holy Saints, you realize Vaheguru.

If one pays attenton to the starting of the post, in the very first line it is clearly stated : we limited humans.... This is referred to all gyanis, yogis, Phd´s.....in short everybody, except our Guru Sahibans, which are the embodiment of Akal Purukh Himself, thus they are also a projection of that Shabad which is mentioned in the Gurbani; that is why they can express so accurately the truths we go through the Granth Sahib, their bani is law. Wahiguru Akal Purukh also speaks through them, while the limited humans, work through their mind, memory, karmas and sanskaras.....until there comes a point in their lives, when through His grace....they also become Gurmukhs.

If one pays attenton to the starting of the post, in the very first line it is clearly stated : we limited humans.... This is referred to all gyanis, yogis, Phd´s.....in short everybody, except our Guru Sahibans

And this is where Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj says you are wrong. If you listen to the katha of Gurmukhs, they have specifically told the story where Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj asked Bhai Gurdas Ji to put his Vaars in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Guru Sahib recieved a humble answer from Bhai Gurdas Ji (I can't remember what the answer was, which the Gurmukh told the sangat) and instead Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj said to Bhai Gurdas ji and the Sikhs that this Gurmukhs, Vaars are the key to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Meaning if you want to experience Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj in totality, then read, listen, sing, comtemplate over these Vaars.

Let's take a example of a house. Say it's one of a kind house and it takes a specific key to open the house and be able to experience this beautiful house. People tried all sorts of keys, but none worked. They peaked through the 14 windows trying to take a short cut and get the full experience. They looked through the windows, but the curtain, blocked their sight. The house has 5 stories and all 14 windows were covered with curtains. Also to experience the house we need to walk into it and see yourself in that house. None could get this key, but the key does exist to this house. However the curtains were so beautiful that the ones peaking were taken by their beauty (by looking at them closely). This built a desire to see more. The owner of the house has said this key rest in the hands of the Saints. One such Saint that the owner said is Bhai Gurdas ji and his Vaars. All those that heard this, that the key rest in the hands of Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars, they ran over to his Vaars and started reading, some start listening, others started singing, and some contemplated. The ones that caught hold of the beauty of the curtains started to put the pieces together from reading the Vaars. The Vaars gave them a deeper understanding. Slowly the curtains started opening up for them. And they could see some of the beauty of the house. So they searched more and more in these Vaars. More came to them and more they contemplated, read, sang, and listened the more the key started coming in their hands. For some the window opened up so they can put their hand through the window so they can feel, smell, and hear the inside of the house. Then they ran (their mind) back to the vaars after feeling some of the house and contemplated some more over the Vaars. They sang, out loud, they read with intense desires to enter the house and more understanding came after reading, contemplating, and singing the vaars. Only after grasping the full understanding of the Vaars and bowing down by the owners command, did the key come to a person and the door was opened. Today we call such people, Sants. And the owner of the house never says these Sants who recieved the key are different than I. Infact the onwer of the house says it is futile to discuss the difference between the owners of the house and his Sants.

Those that sit and look at the house and deny Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars are going to be sitting and only looking from a distant for till they breath their last.

which are the embodiment of Akal Purukh Himself, thus they are also a projection of that Shabad which is mentioned in the Gurbani; that is why they can express so accurately the truths we go through the Granth Sahib, their bani is law. Wahiguru Akal Purukh also speaks through them, while the limited humans, work through their mind, memory, karmas and sanskaras.....until there comes a point in their lives, when through His grace....they also become Gurmukhs.

Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars are such Gurmukhs that hold the key to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj, Those limited humans that work through their minds, memory, karmas and sanskaras and deny Bhai Gurdas ji's Vaars and deny Gurbani that says go meet the Saints and you will meet Vaheguru, will stay as limited humans. Satguru says go and take darshan of the Saints. Such Saints existed in the 17, 18, 19, 20, and exist in the 21st century.

To say some look at the house from a distant until thier last breath .... just sounds childish. Maybe they are a Kings in their own way....they have palace...so they are not attracted towards a house made of paper or carton....Let us open our horizons, widen our vision, who are we to judge?

Humility, forgiveness, and forbearance are the first steps towards spirituality.

Ego, pride and stubborness are self destructive though conscioussly unconscioussly exercised.

If seen with a rational point of view, what is being said from the both sides is not different, it is the same.

It is wishfull, that darshans of these existing Saints should be had, so that the purity, love and humility maybe learnt from them, if not totally, at least an ounce of it. Then we can see by ourselves, how we change for good. Not that we think, we are good...

It is very easy to tell others do this , do not do that, this is right or wrong....but it is only good, as far it is for others.... why not apply it on oneself , have it at first hand, so that the same fruits can be had as recomended for others.

Whosoever has tasted spirituality, behaves with humility . Arrogance is the sign of manukhs. Ravan was a scholar, a pandit...had mastered the holy scriptures.... but still then he was a arrogant.... he lost his life, his kingdom...everything...just because of his lack of humility......and there where is arrogance, the flowers of real knowledge can never sprout. Violence-ignorance and spirituality/holiness can never co-exist, just as light and darkness.

May Wahiguru bless each and everybody with His Daya Meher .

In spirituality, two things are really important. One is Wahiguru, and the second is His will. The object of each and every soul is to meet and merge in Wahiguru. And so as we read in the begining of Jap Ji Sahib: Ik Onkar Satgur parsad, which means: The Lord is one and He is obtaineed by His grace. His grace is part of His will, without which nothing can happen, and Guru Sahiban has clearly described His will in the 2nd pauree, as it follows

2nd Pauri:

By Waheguruji's Divine Will are entities manifested;

Inexpressible is Waheguru's Will.

By Waheguruji's Will are souls infused in them;

By Waheguru's Will is greatness achieved.

By Waheguruji's Will are some high and some low;

By Waheguruji's Will are pre-writ pains and pleasures obtained.

By Waheguruji's Will some are Graced;

By Waheguruji's Will others must ever wander in transmigration.

All are subject to Waheguruji's Order;

Nothing is exempt from Waheguruji's Will.

Nanak, if one were to understand Waheguruji's Will;

One would not talk egotistically.

So, according to what is said in this 2nd pauree, we can conclude that, if one looks at the nice house from a distance, that is not because the poor fellow do not want to enter, but because it is not His will. It is not yet meant for him. So how can we blame anybody? From our human level it seems, that we are doing everything....but from His level, He is the real doer. If one is a beleiver or whether not, ultimately we are all puppets in His hands... to some He saves, to others He makes them wander in the cycle, and the thing is nobody can question Him... He is the real Sachhe Badshah, the real Shanshah. If He wishes so and writes on our foreheads, we come to meet His saints, and benefit from them.

Upon this Guru Jee says:

daan mahindaa talee khaak jay milai ta mastak laa-ee-ai.

The gift I seek is the dust of the feet of the Saints; if I were to obtain it, I would apply it to my forehead.

So we should never judge nor condemn anybody, each and everbody is responsible for his/her karmas, we may guide in a gentle manner, we may help if needed, but never force on anybody. That is arrogance,that is ego, that is pride. Guru Nanak was the Supreme Lord Himself, and out of real humility He called Himself lalaa golaa. On the contrary we memorize some pages, and start thinking we are something. Spirituality/holiness is achieved by doing something(Nam Simran), not just aquiring tons of theory.Even gyan is by His grace:

gi-aan na galee-ee dhoodhee-ai kathnaa karrhaa saar.

Wisdom cannot be found through mere words. To explain it is as hard as iron.

karam milai taa paa-ee-ai hor hikmat hukam khu-aar. ||2||

When the Lord bestows His Grace, then alone it is received; other tricks and orders are useless.

nadar karahi jay aapnee taa nadree satgur paa-i-aa.

If the Merciful Lord shows His Mercy, then the True Guru is found

ayhu jee-o bahutay janam bharammi-aa taa satgur sabad sunaa-i-aa.

This soul wandered through countless incarnations, until the True Guru instructed it in the Word of the Shabad.

regarding goodness and humility Guru sahiban says:

jay lorheh changa aapnaa kar punnhu neech sadaa-ee-ai.

If you yearn for goodness, then perform good deeds and feel humble.

The essence is in our interior, which never fades nor changes...and for that Guru Jee says:

agai jaat na jor hai agai jee-o navay.

In the world hereafter, social status and power mean nothing; hereafter, the soul is new.

outside is all Kur, that is how it is explained in Asa Di Vaar:

koorh raajaa koorh parjaa koorh sabh sansaar.

False is the king, false are the subjects; false is the whole world.

koorh mandap koorh maarhee koorh baisanhaar.

False is the mansion, false are the skyscrapers; false are those who live in them.

koorh su-inaa koorh rupaa koorh painHanhaar.

False is gold, and false is silver; false are those who wear them.

koorh kaa-i-aa koorh kaparh koorh roop apaar.

False is the body, false are the clothes; false is incomparable beauty.

koorh mee-aa koorh beebee khap ho-ay khaar.

False is the husband, false is the wife; they mourn and waste away.

koorh koorhai nayhu lagaa visri-aa kartaar.

The false ones love falsehood, and forget their Creator.

kis naal keechai dostee sabh jag chalanhaar.

With whom should I become friends, if all the world shall pass away?

koorh mithaa koorh maakhi-o koorh dobay poor.

False is sweetness, false is honey; through falsehood, boat-loads of men have drowned.

naanak vakhaanai bayntee tuDh baajh koorho koorh.

Nanak speaks this prayer: without You, Lord, everything is totally false.

Our bani is totally true, it is for us to read understand and act accordingly, not read just like parrots. It contains such quality of truth that from where ever we read, it has the same taste and perfume of Akal Purukh. We may read even a couple of lines, and act accordingly, they are enough to satisfy our hunger and thirst for Him.

When someone speaks of Sri Vaheguru ji Maharaj will, as spoken on this thread, with the confidence that they specifically point out what his will is, then it is called arrogance. I would never claim that this is Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj will or this is not. Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj has told us in Sri Mool Mantar Sahib to come in Guru Sahib grace. Specifically speaking Guru Sahib grace, which is spoken about here is where some refuse to accept Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj Hukam of Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaars are the key to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Instead of accepting this truth, they want to follow their mind. That is fine as they can choose to do whatever they wish. However, when it comes to speaking about Gurmat, then these individuals have to be given an answer. Otherwise they would claim that following the mind is equal or better than following Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars, which Guru Sahib gave the highest status too. Infact this is exactly what is taking place here. The claim is being made (by twisting Gurbani), that the Saint is accepted, but not Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars. These individuals like to call people Saints, by who they have a liking too because what they consider Gurmat is what their superior Saint consider is Gurmat, but it is not accepted by Guru Sahib to be Gurmat.

Here let me give a very simple example. The 5 Kakkar are accepted by Satguru and given by Satguru to be Gurmat. No Saint would ever go against this very simple fact and Gurmat practice. However there are people, who respect and follow people that they call Saints and these so called Saints say 5 Kakkar are not Gurmat. So the people that follow these Manmat "Saints" take Gurbani and apply the pankti where Maharaj says to find the company of Saint and listen to their teachings to say Gurmat doesn't accept 5 Kakkar. After a person does such twisting of Gurbani and denies the very simple fact of Guru Sahib, how can a person continue the discussion. It comes down to accepting Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaars as the key to Maharaj or you don't.

If they say I don't accept and go to such lengths (by twisting Gurbani), then there is one thing left to say to such people.......

Sat Sri Akal!

• 2 weeks later...

When His will is described and sung, and expressed in the same words as in the Guru Granth Sahib, without adding anything or substracting any word, not beacuse of anything else, but because out of respect, the original words are self sufficiently clear and direct to the point, than that in ordinary and simple words is called His mahima, His wadiayee.

Now if someone takes the first paurees, and says "my interpretation", that is real ego, he wants to show how much he knows, he wants people to praise him....but we should remember, here we are not for self promoting....but for His wadayee, His mahanta, His mahima....as that is what is going to purify us up to an extent. Why it should be so that, only one is always right, others are twisters.....for them he is a twister of the bani....or it could be said, he has been brought up in a "twisted envoirnment".

Otherwise nowhere in the world is seen that by praising Wahiguru´s attributes or qualities, qualifies you to be called arrogant.

Just to put down others for the sake of creating confussions, and self promoting, or influencig others to think in his way...and more.... are signs of lack of humility. That is because, there is a sense of superiority, thinking I am right as well as those who think in a similar way like me, others are wrong.

This is a website of dharam, we are not to take it as a boxing ring, giving punches here and rhere. This induces to krodh. Sheel(coolness) and, santosh(calmness), are the clothes to be weared out, not only here, but as much as possible everywhere also.

Nobody has said Bhai Gurdas´s Vaars arte not important. They are your own assumptions, own misconceptions. Bhai Gurdas deserves the maximmum respect, as in his writings, only mahima of Wahiguru Akal Prukh is described. Even the whole Granth Sahib is nothing but, the true katha of Wahiguru Himself, and expressed and explained by Himself, that is why it is so lovely, so sweet as none other....it contains the highest truths of the Highest being : Wahiguru .There is no diffrence between our Gurus and Him, they are His embodiment.

It is ridiculous to fight and quarrel...and moreover in the false saying of name of dharma. This is agyantta. There where is dharma, only humility and peace is found and shared, because what is had, that is shared.

If you have any of the five vices active inside yoursef, they will show up, howsover one may suppress them...specially lobh, krodh and ahankar.

Though one may have 1001 gunas, but only one avagun, like ahankar... which is enough to cloud one´s chit and make him wander in agyanta...in darkness. Let us seriously think....who are we? We are just a handful of dust. The real essence which is the soul in each living being, belong to Him. This creation is His. He is the designer, the maker, the supplier... we are mere puppets... we have no right to judge and take justice by our own hands. Just as, if someone says I want to spit on the Sun...what will happen....it will fall on him without anybody´s interference...because the nature works under some divine laws, so in the same way, He knows how to handle His creation, or do we think He is gone to sleep, or suddenly He is ignorant, and does not know what is going around and thus given us the authority to judge and do justice by ourselves...if we do so... we are again creating karma, for which we shall have to pay heavily.

Not everybody is destined to believe in Him...otherwise how will the creation go on? To believe in Him or not to believe in Him, is in His hands... and if that is so, we should bother about ourselves, do our real job, of doing something like Nam Simran to merge our self, our consciousness in Satnam Samundar, to become Sat Chit and Ananad like Him... and that is the univerasl path designed by Him for everyone, irrespective of one´s caste, creed or class....there is no other second or third way.

That is why and what Guru Arjun Dev Jee clearly describes us what is the real important thing in this world, in this His following Shabad in Raag Gauree:

Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cursed, cursed is love and intimacy.

naam binaa jo pahirai khaa-ay.

Without the Naam, one who dresses and eats well

ji-o kookar joothan meh paa-ay.

is like a dog, who falls in and eats impure foods.

naam binaa jaytaa bi-uhaar. ji-o mirtak mithi-aa seegaar.

Without the Naam, all occupations are useless, like decorations on a dead body.

naam bisaar karay ras bhog.

One who forgets the Naam and indulges in pleasures,

sukh supnai nahee tan meh rog.

shall find no peace, even in dreams; his body shall become diseased.

naam ti-aag karay an kaaj.

One who renounces the Naam and engages in other occupations,

binas jaa-ay jhoothay sabh paaj.

shall see all of his false pretenses fall away.

naam sang man pareet na laavai.

One whose mind does not embrace love for the Naam

kot karam karto narak jaavai.

shall go to hell, even though he may perform millions of ceremonial rituals.

har kaa naam jin man na aaraaDhaa.

One whose mind does not contemplate the Name of the Lord

chor kee ni-aa-ee jam pur baaDhaa.

is bound like a thief, in the City of Death.

laakh adambar bahut bisthaaraa.

Hundreds of thousands of ostentatious shows and great expanses

naam binaa jhoothay paasaaraa.

- without the Naam, all these displays are false.

har kaa naam so-ee jan lay-ay.

That humble being repeats the Name of the Lord,

kar kirpaa naanak jis day-ay.

O Nanak, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy.

In this one beautifull Shabad, Guru Sahiban has in a simple and direct manner given us the directions ,as per how we should live and starve for : Nam, which is one and only eternal truth... all else is kur, is maya, is nashvant.

Our real task is to fight with the mind and win over it, so that we become mindless...and then when the soul is freed from the creation of mind, kal, maya ... is freed from it´s sinchit karmas... it disposes off its physicall, astral and causal bodies, and it shoots upwards towards Sach Khand, it´s true abode, ... all this is done with the power of Nam, or Shabad. And that is what Our Guru Ram Das is trying to explain us in some lines of this His following Shabad in Raag Sree Raag:

naam milai man taripat-ee-ai bin naamai Dharig jeevaas.

Receiving the Naam, the mind is satisfied; without the Naam, life is cursed.

mayray pareetamaa ha-o jeevaa naam Dhi-aa-ay.

O my Beloved, I live by meditating on Your Name

bin naavai jeevan naa thee-ai mayray satgur naam drirh-aa-ay.

Without Your Name, my life does not even exist. My True Guru has implanted the Naam within me.

Let us just think...if there existed any other thing apart from His Nam, which could help and lead us to Him, surely our Gurus´had written it in the Bani... but we all know, as per the Bani, nothing else is there.... no matter howsover we may let our mind wander in the external and ephimeral things, which are subject to deacy one day. But by attaching ourselves in His Nam, we elevate ourselves to the abode of Akal Purukh, which is Sach Khand.

We can equally with the same rights say: Sat Sree Akal. Because He belongs to each one of us: sabana jeea ka Iko Daata.

He is everlasting, that is why He is known as Sach or Sat, He is also beyond the reach of Kal, so in that way He is known as Akal.We may call Him as it may please us, to Him it makes no difference, it is a matter of love, of devotion, of faith, of humility, of obedience, that creates a bond between us with Him. And that is what really counts, all else is bak, bak, is a waste of time.

Wahiguru Jee kee fateh!