What Is Chaali Mukteh?!

SinghniKaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

I hear in Ardaas "Chaali Mukteh" and hear people talkng about "Chaali Mukteh" but don't know what it is!!

Please explain.. No long answers!! Thanks!!

I hear in Ardaas "Chaali Mukteh" and hear people talkng about "Chaali Mukteh" but don't know what it is!!

Please explain.. No long answers!! Thanks!!

I hope you are joking about the 'no long answers'. You won't get anywhere in life without trying to seek out the 'long answers'. If you can cram this into your busy schedule, here's a link that you may find interesting and enlightening. An Article.

Guest SinghKaur

I hope you are joking about the 'no long answers'. You won't get anywhere in life without trying to seek out the 'long answers'. If you can cram this into your busy schedule, here's a link that you may find interesting and enlightening. An Article.

No I Wasn't Joking.. Im Serious!! "/

Excuse Me.. I Think I will Get Far In Life For Kinda Information!! Soo.. Rude!! "/

You, Havn't Explained At All.. Soo.. Your No Use Am You!!

Anyways, I Found Out By Someone Else.. And He/She Don't Mind Me Saying That!! "/

WJKK WJKF

Akaal'uuh!! x

I gave you a link. All you had to do was click it and ouila!

Also, I'm presuming that you go the Gurudwara and listen to the Ardaas? Depending on your age, how long have you been hearing the following?:

panjaa(n) piyaaariaa(n), chauhaa(n) sahibzaadiaa(n), chaaliaa(n)

muktiaa(n), ha Thaiaa(n), jupiaa(n), ttapiaa(n), jinaa(n)h ttera naam

jupiaa, va(n)D chhakiaa, deg chalaaee, teg vaahi, deg ke anDiTh

keetta, ttinaa(n)h piyaariaa(n), sachiaariaa(n) di kamaai da dhiaan

dharke, khalsa ji, bolo ji waheguru.

Being a 'SinghniKaur' how can you not know that your original question was phrased so incorrectly? Even someone with the most basic understanding of Panjabi and Gurmukhi understands that the Chali Mukhteh are not an inanimate object but something along the lines of the 'Panj Pyaare' and the 'Chaar Sahibzaade', i.e. a group of people. Deductive reasoning would've told you this.

Anyway, I'm not having a go. I just expected a bit more from someone who proudly displays the moniker 'SinghniKaur' on a Sikhi website. No probs - I'm sure you're just at a different stage of learning. Just trying to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Kaljugi, you are trying to give lessons to someone else. However you don't even know yourself, that the 40 Mukhte is referring to Bhai Maha Singh Jee and the Battle of Mukhtsar (now Sri Mukhtsar Sahib) and NOT the Battle of Sri Chamkaur Sahib. Only 37 Singhs gave Shaheedi at Sri Chamkaur Sahib, Maharaaj Jee, Bhai Daya Singh Jee, Bhai Dharam Singh Jee, and Bhai Maan Singh Jee left unharmed.

Guest Not an expert

Kaljugi, you are trying to give lessons to someone else. However you don't even know yourself, that the 40 Mukhte is referring to Bhai Maha Singh Jee and the Battle of Mukhtsar (now Sri Mukhtsar Sahib) and NOT the Battle of Sri Chamkaur Sahib. Only 37 Singhs gave Shaheedi at Sri Chamkaur Sahib, Maharaaj Jee, Bhai Daya Singh Jee, Bhai Dharam Singh Jee, and Bhai Maan Singh Jee left unharmed.

You are calling him out for being condescending, while you are doing the same thing. How do you expect to correct others when you are guilty of acting the same. The 40 mukhte were the sikhs that abandoned Guru sahib. However, at the end they still came through, thus the term mukthe.