5Ks

JSinghN

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

Firstly, many congratulations on becoming closer to Guru Sahib. To answer your question, all panj kakkars must be kept on your person at all times, including shower time. Also, my personal belief is that keski is kakaar, therefore it must be kept on the head at all times (except when doing keshi ishnaan, drying and combing in which case it is wrapped around the waist).

You can read more about this here: http://tapoban.org/keski.html

Even if someone doesn't believe keski is kakkar it should still be kept on at all times because we cannot be tyar bar tyar without it as satkar and order of our kes would not be kept without it.

You've got it right, you tie a keski on your head and then you can wrap your gatra with kirpan in it around the keski, I tend to place my kirpan at the front of my head, put the rest of the gatra (like a loop) around my head, then tie a knot in the gatra around the back of the head.

fateh, many thanks for your quick reply. I guess i need to start tying a keski i saw a sikhnet video on youtube and the guy tied one nicely and i cud see how you can tied ur gatra around it THEN i got thinking most of it covers your forehead and during shower you wouldnt be able to wash your face completely. I know im going a bit too much into detail im just trying to learn.

fateh, many thanks for your quick reply. I guess i need to start tying a keski i saw a sikhnet video on youtube and the guy tied one nicely and i cud see how you can tied ur gatra around it THEN i got thinking most of it covers your forehead and during shower you wouldnt be able to wash your face completely. I know im going a bit too much into detail im just trying to learn.

you wouldn't have the keski very low on the forehead, it can be as high as you can keep it without it losing its stability or making the kirpan fall off. The rest of the head would be cleaned during keshi ishnaan when keski and kanga is kept around the waist. I'll admit that I'm under hukam from panj to do keshi ishnaan everyday but currently don't.

you wouldn't have the keski very low on the forehead, it can be as high as you can keep it without it losing its stability or making the kirpan fall off. The rest of the head would be cleaned during keshi ishnaan when keski and kanga is kept around the waist. I'll admit that I'm under hukam from panj to do keshi ishnaan everyday but currently don't.

Whats wrong with keeping kirpan to the side within reach when showering? i dont think anyone is going to attack me in the bathroom......people take off kirpans when travelling abroad via aeroplanes.....no one as the correct asnwer its all confusing.....someone told me onli AKJs were keski......im confused.