Dr Zuze New Song -Phate Chack Te Panjabian Ne Waheguru Ke Ke -Get This Stoped

EkPanth

Of course - I can't disagree with that. This is another one of those issues that really strikes to the core of what it is to be a Sikh. I honestly don't have an answer to that. I guess one would hope that people have an opportunity to connect with Sikhi, and they begin the journey towards Waheguru whenever they get the chance to do so.

Thank you Kaljugi you are 100% right as sometimes people only need an opportunity or even a whisper which can ablaze the gift of Sikhi into ones life it is by listening to old Punjabi Folk songs that brought me to my roots which interested me into Bhangra then Punjab then Gurbani so now I hope for the same when I see youngsters singing without knowing what they are singing about - hence my video clip of the cute baby boy singing simran he is being blessed without realising it - Waheguru :)

No one wants to answer my question? This question is primitive to this whole discussion. I think Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj spoke very clearly on what is more important in the Khalsa Panth, Rehat or a Sikh when he said the following:

More than a Sikh, dear to me is to follow the rules of the Sikh conduct.

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj

So where does it say to a Sikh, let Sikhi be distorted to save one atma (soul)? Guru Sahib said to save Sikhi and to sacrifice the Sikh. When we speak of Bhai Mani Singh ji, isn't that the message we get. Or when we speak of Bhai Sahib Taru Singh ji. If anything we should learn that our own atma joining with Sri Waheguru ji is less valuable than Gurmat being kept as Gurmat and no harm is done to Sikhi.

But so many are ready to jump on the bandwagon that a soul is more dear to Guru Sahib than Gurmat. I don't know where they get this ideology from and who is engraving this backward thinking into Sikhs, but we are paying the price heavily every time a punjabi singer and the community think hes doing a noble thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Veero,

The reason this happens is that people of Sikh 'background' and non-Sikhs, mix and confuse Punjabi/Bhangra culture with that of Sikhi way of life. Before anyone gets offended I am just stating that this is the norm.

A prime example is one of the most famous bhangra songs of all time (played at parties / clubs etc):

Lyrics:

Baari kholke WAHEGURU bol ke

seat utteh beht balliye,

nava le leya truck tere yaar ne Babeyan de chal challiye....

....jadon Zimidara Dhaba billo jad auga jatt murga te motta peg lauga

WAHEGURU... WAHEGURU... WAHEGURU.