Kirpan Issue Questionnaire

Kaur24

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My name is Parveen Sidhu, I am currently a 3rd year University student . For my dissertation I am conducting some research which will be investigating whether Amritdhari Sikhs are criminalised in the UK for carrying a Kirpan. This will be in the form of a questionnaire. My target audience for this research is Amritdhari Sikhs both male and female aged 18-24. Please see the link below if you wish to complete the questionnaire. Thank you very much for your feedback :-)

http://stellarsurvey.com/s.aspx?u=FF09A082-7860-4AB7-875C-A5BB5897734C&

PS If you are willing to take part in a small focus group in London please email parveensidhu@hotmail.co.uk to express your interest.

Thanks again. Rab Rakha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm Kirpan for self protection is more like a last resort. It is more for standing up for justice in society.

Sikhs with Kirpan have a big responsibility on themselves... to know the wisdom of when to use it.

There is a Saakhi of a Singh who was hiding in the jungle. He was coming back from a village after getting some food. A Mughal soldier saw him and attacked him from behind. They fought for some time and the Singh overpowered him. He was about to bring the Sri Sahib down on him when Mughal shouted 'Go ahead kill me you ********!' and spat on his face. Now this angered the Sikh a lot and he took a step ahead. Then he put his Kirpan back in the sheath and threw down the soldier to the ground. He said 'Earlier I was killing you in defense. But after your lowly action I was about to kill you in anger, which would have been against the wishes of my Guru. I let you live.' saying this the Singh ran back to the jungle.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh ji