BJP anti-Punjab, says Khalsa panchayat

Deep Singh

He has not said that. Water is still flowing to Bikaner and to Haryana. It would be stupid to stop these canals as Punjab depends on other states for coal etc which it uses to produce electricity. It could turn into a situation like the oil blockade which backfired on the arabs.

Why it would be stupid? Does harayana produce coal?? last time i checked the history books, im pretty much sure that it was bihar who produces most of the coal and punjab water ain't going to Bihar anyway, so that contradicts your statement veeraa.. Punjab needs nothing from harayana and Rajasthan; THe main user of punjab water.. How can u justify situation in which punjab is really in need for water but still forced to give away water?? Did you ever wonder that if our parents weren't lucky to be in states, it would be our parents, our relatives who will be committing suicides cauz of WATER.. Did we ever think about that for a second?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has not said that. Water is still flowing to Bikaner and to Haryana. It would be stupid to stop these canals as Punjab depends on other states for coal etc which it uses to produce electricity. It could turn into a situation like the oil blockade which backfired on the arabs.

Why it would be stupid? Does harayana produce coal?? last time i checked the history books, im pretty much sure that it was bihar who produces most of the coal and punjab water ain't going to Bihar anyway, so that contradicts your statement veeraa.. Punjab needs nothing from harayana and Rajasthan; THe main user of punjab water.. How can u justify situation in which punjab is really in need for water but still forced to give away water?? Did you ever wonder that if our parents weren't lucky to be in states, it would be our parents, our relatives who will be committing suicides cauz of WATER.. Did we ever think about that for a second?

Read carefully before jumping to ill founded conclusions. I said Punjab is dependent on OTHER states for coal. Did I mention Haryana :T: ? I think not veera. However Punjab is surrounded by Himachel Haryana and Rajasthan. These states if they desired could easily disrupt supply and stop the rail wagons that provide the coal !

They are certainly not committing suicide due to the possibility of the SYL canal being built. More to do with the harsh economics of farming in India. It is not just confined to Punjab. Farmers in Andra Pradesh have also been committing suicide. Farmers have high debts due to growing social burdens like giving large dowry for daughters wedding. They take out loans then cannot pay them back with farm income as pressure grows they commit suicide.

Not all of Punjab is irrigated by canals. The vast majority of farmers use tubewells and here the probelm is the reducing water table which again no one appears to care about. The water table can easily be recharged but as with most things in India no one can be bothered to get their finger out their behind to try and make a difference.

If punjab needs water so much then why not divert all the water that flows into pakistan and use it for the benefit of Sikh farmers in Punjab and Haryana. :T:

Read carefully before jumping to ill founded conclusions. I said Punjab is dependent on OTHER states for coal. Did I mention Haryana  ? I think not veera. However Punjab is surrounded by Himachel Haryana and Rajasthan. These states if they desired could easily disrupt supply and stop the rail wagons that provide the coal !
They gonna stop rail wagon?? why would they do that.. won't they need FOOD provided by punjab. You can check up the fact that PUNJAB indeed is the Bread Basket for almost all INDIA. So i don't think other STATES will allow just one or two states to stop the railroad service.. rolleyes.gif
They are certainly not committing suicide due to the possibility of the SYL canal being built. More to do with the harsh economics of farming in India. It is not just confined to Punjab.

You are telling to the person whose one relative member committed suicide.. and don't ask me about it in details (thanks)

Farmers in Andra Pradesh have also been committing suicide. Farmers have high debts due to growing social burdens like giving large dowry for daughters wedding. They take out loans then cannot pay them back with farm income as pressure grows they commit suicide.

First of all veerjee i have no interest about other states nor im willing to learn about em.. Is dowry thing a new?? NO its been in punjab for hundreds of years.. so that is the problem now?? And Dowry has nothing to do with this topic. Stay in topic..

Not all of Punjab is irrigated by canals. The vast majority of farmers use tubewells and here the probelm is the reducing water table which again no one appears to care about. The water table can easily be recharged but as with most things in India no one can be bothered to get their finger out their behind to try and make a difference.

For this i will let the expert reply to your concern:

Gur fateh ,

I had been associated with the Punjab water issue for about 20 years and the first ground water Quantum roport and the Under ground Tracts was ptrpatrd more precisely by me . The studies were stsrted in the year fro the first time in 1976 in order to prepare a fact report about the availbility and feassibilty of the ground water schemes to ne financed by thr ARDC (Agri refinance development corporation) and RBC branch .The work was intitiated by the TUBE WELL SECTION OF PUNJAB AGRI DEPTT AND GROUND WATER CELL..The finding were startling and when the status reports were sent to the Govt ,more interests were shown by the Govt. Punjab .The Canal Ir

rifation Seepage basis were taken from the Kampies Engineering hand books (England) , which gave a basis of seepage of 8 cusec of seepage for million Sq ft of wetted area .The wetted area of all canals ,Rivers , big lakes etc in Punjab was calculated.The Hudrological storage was calculated by the above mention sections to find the Storage cefficient S which relates to the fact as how much time well under obdervation takes to deplete the water table and how much time to recoupd to come to original level .The seepage of rain water was calculated by a formula "(R-15)raise to the power 2/3 X by catchment insq ft ".All these components I could remeber now but are subject to verification of parameters .This basic assumtions were found by me after a wide study of tech derivation of the experts .A ever first ground water contour map was prepares by my team members with Panta graphs and Planimeter. There was actual tech data of 12000 sunk by the Tubewell section in the various parts of the state of Punjab which were plotted on a bigger make to design the coutours .Later on this data was used by the deptt of Irrigation,PSTC and Directrate of water resources to further there findinds .

All this studies and calculation was exercised a by a highly qualified team of persons like Er.Swarn Singh Bains FIE(Retd) Joint Directo of Engg ,Dr.Gurcharn Singh the Geoelo/Hydrologist(Retd as Director of Agri)) , Dr, S.K Mittal Geoelogist , Mr .S.K Misra Msc Geo .joint Director , Mr.Vijay Soni LL.B Msc Geoelogy Geologist and myself Er.Avninder Singh M.I.E .

This team of experts concluded a Qty of 12 million acref/t of Ground water in total in the subsoil of Punjab .Dr.Uppal Emerts scientist , and Dr.S.D khepar Dean was a guiding source in this venture . The total staff of more than 100 tech personnels was invoved in bringing out these concrete results . No addition or subtraction from the quanity thus evolved could be made in this sofar . This quantity of 12 million acreft was found to be suffecient to run 8 lac tube wel

ls of 1/2 cusec capacity and there after there was danger of depleting of ground water beyond the working limits .A Groud Water Lagislation was in offfing which could not materialise due political reasons.The regular rain fall could augment the storage coefficient of ground water .The building of reservoirs like Bhakhra and Nangal further made an encouragment of enritching of GW potential. but vagaries of rain fall could hamper this progress .There is no scope of artificial recharge of ground water storage in the state .In the year 1962-68 there were 26000 official no. of tubewells in the state which has raised to 9 lac now . The traditional rotation of Pady and wheat has lowered the economic status of the farmer in general.The chemical composition of ground water in the sothern western parts of the date is brakish and the datails will be given in continuing pages later . Cotd .....

adsmangat

Bhulla chak keh maaf karna if i offended you..

WJKK WJKF

Punjab must have total control over the water that flows through the state. This is a federal law. It is up to Punjab's govt. to decide who gets how much water. Punjab owns it not other states. yes, Punjab does get some stuff from other states but not for free. Punjab buys it so other states have to pay for the water if they want it. Other states blocking rails and other stuff would be illegal and totally stupid. Nothing is for free. They want water then buy it. Just on a note: Punjab uses more tractors and fertilizers than any other states but the factories that make these things are not in Punjab. So Punjab has to pay for it. If these factories were in Punjab there would be more jobs for people and more benefits to Punjab. This is all done to weaken the Punjab. India is the only country that has issues over states water. Pathetic brahmins cant do nothing good for their country. they are destroying it themselves. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

"If punjab needs water so much then why not divert all the water that flows into pakistan and use it for the benefit of Sikh farmers in Punjab and Haryana. "

The pakistan PUnjab has three rivers out of five that make PUnjab, so I don't think they need our water nor do they depend on it....No matter what happens when sikhs want something someone always says do it to Pakistan, why not take to the delhi sarkar?

Another interesting thing is that Bikaner in Rajasthan has majority Sikh farmers so I don't know how good it would be to totally cut them off, but again then it becomes a Sikh issue and not a pure PUnjab issue. It is really delicate and complex in a way.

Punjab must have total control over the water that flows through the state. This is a federal law. It is up to Punjab's govt. to decide who gets how much water. Punjab owns it not other states. yes, Punjab does get some stuff from other states but not for free. Punjab buys it so other states have to pay for the water if they want it. Other states blocking rails and other stuff would be illegal and totally stupid. Nothing is for free. They want water then buy it. Just on a note: Punjab uses more tractors and fertilizers than any other states but the factories that make these things are not in Punjab. So Punjab has to pay for it. If these factories were in Punjab there would be more jobs for people and more benefits to Punjab. This is all done to weaken the Punjab. India is the only country that has issues over states water. Pathetic brahmins cant do nothing good for their country. they are destroying it themselves. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Do not forget that most these rivers originate in Himachel pradesh so they could easily assign share to other states although due tio the topology of Himachel it would cost a lot to put this infrastructure into place.

How would tractor factories help Punjab ? Punjab does not have the raw materials needed to make tractors and these would all have to be imported form other states. As Punjab does not wan

t to provide water other states could retaliate and say no raw materials for Punjab. Diesal supplies into Punjab could be stopped which would force all of Punjabi farmers to a standstill.

There is a huge shortage of labour in Punjab as it is due to youths not wanting to work. Tractor factories would result in more bihari labour.

okay i will state it again. A state has total control over the water that flows through it whether it be punjab or himachal. If rivers flow through Punjab then it cannot be given to other states for free.

How would tractor factories help Punjab ?
how would they not? more jobs for people and punjab would not have to pay more to buy tractors.
Punjab does not have the raw materials needed to make tractors and these would all have to be imported form other states.

uh..huh. so you are an expert now? how do you know? and maharashtra and gurjrat have all the raw material? government does not want any big factories or corporations in punjab. government can do anything. if government can put big projects in haryana then sure enough the same type of projects can be put in Punjab. Punjab is treated like a foreign country because it would benefit Sikhs.

As Punjab does not want to provide water other states could retaliate and say no raw materials for Punjab. Diesal supplies into Punja

b could be stopped which would force all of Punjabi farmers to a standstill.

you sound totally like those BJP and congress people. they give same reasoning. Punjab BUYS it, does not get it for free. Punjab says no to other states over water because they get it for free. They get electricity for free from Punjab. your reasoning is stupid. The only way they can say no is if Punjab wants it for free.
There is a huge shortage of labour in Punjab as it is due to youths not wanting to work.

and you ever cared to find out why they do not want to work? They do not want to work in fields because after paying high prices on fertilizers, tractors and getting loan from agents on high interest rate of 20-30% they work their butt off and in the end what happens? they do not have the right to set the prices on their own crops. buyer get to set the price. how stupid. buyer would always want to pay as much less as possible. so what is the benefit for farmers? nothing. this is why youth is turning away from farming. few years ago, govt. refused to buy potatoes so farmers had to throw them out on the roads. govt. could've bought those to give 'em to those bihari and U.P. bhayias who starve to death. Most of the youth get no jobs after getting BS or MS degree. Sikhs are given no jobs. you ever wonder about that? i don't think so. With or without education there is no future for Sikhs in India. Go ahead take all the water you can but one day Sikhs will take the whole country. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh