Sikhs in the foreground of a "<admin-profanity filter activate

Yeah that is true. But i wonder when patkeh came to be used like....how did they enter Sikh culture?

i guess small children only used a Rumalla, those who were too small to use Pagh.

nah, i heard from Several places they come from Nirankaris.

They have been succesful removing the crown from our heads...

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The Patka started from the urban Sikhs who live in the cities such as Delhi and Ludhiana. The Pendu Kids only wore Paghs. When they were too small then as Deep Singh pointed out a lot of them wore Rumaals, but never Patkas. But some how the Patka influence crept into the Pends, and till then all kids in the Pends now wear Patkas.

Guest Jahan

Its not just patka influence but nowadays every Sikh just wears Patiala style pagri. Other sytles of Punjabi turbans are not worn anymore by Sikhs for some reason...

Well if small children did use Rumalleh before they were old enough to wear Pagri, i think it is actually better now that they wear a patka. because a patka covers the whole head, but a rumaal is just for the johra. however the NEGATIVE thing after patkeh came is that "teens" have started using patka, instead back in days they either used a parna [day...to..day work] or on special occasions proper Dastar. This has probably to do with the fact that back in days there was nothing called teens, either you were kid og grown up. When you had dastar-bandi day you started to wear proper turban from that day on. before that probably a rumaal.

so..i think patkeh are 'positive' in the sense that small children now cover whole head...and it is preety light also...but the negative aspect of patka-culture is that they don't take it off once they know they are old enough to wear a dastar. they small children i know, use a rumaal underneath the patka...so it is kind of better. the negative thing is that now we have even full grown men wearing patkeh. B)

you get my point?

Full grown bearded men wearing Patkas is the most disgusting thing in the world, the man who does wear it looks like a man child! It’s almost like a grown up man still wearing diapers and not growing out of it. Do they actually think they look better and smarter in a Patka than they would in a Pagh?