Is This Acceptable?

Khalasthan86

25 members have voted

1. 1. ACCEPTABLE?

• YESSSSSSS
    • NOOOOO

Just out of interest, what if a Singh was really kudoo and went to fitness dance classes to lose weight, would this be 'unSikh'?

Just out of interest, what if a Singh was really kudoo and went to fitness dance classes to lose weight, would this be 'unSikh'?

As long as he wasn't enjoying the music, I don't see the problem. If he went home and downloaded the music he heard in the class (from iTunes or somewhere else) and copied it over to his iPod or any other mp3 player, and then listened to it whilst enjoying the beat then that's wrong...

As long as he wasn't enjoying the music, I don't see the problem. If he went home and downloaded the music he heard in the class (from iTunes or somewhere else) and copied it over to his iPod or any other mp3 player, and then listened to it whilst enjoying the beat then that's wrong...

Okay, so it's fine as long as one doesn't enjoy the music. hhhhmmm okay......

That being said I found it pretty hard watching that vid sarbatdabhalla posted. Seemed really goofy.

No, it's not wrong or unSikh.

Each person has his or her own different level, when we as a kaum stop judging each other and start loving we will pick ourselves up.

No, it's not wrong or unSikh.

Each person has his or her own different level, when we as a kaum stop judging each other and start loving we will pick ourselves up.

I hear that but we are a nit pickingly judgmental and competitive lot as a quom. It's just a shame that is doesn't lead to a raising of standards throughout our society (maybe we are just being b1tchy and petty, nothing else?)

Yeah seems childish.

Yeah, the puerile Bollywood style music used with shabads these days don't help at all (these all come from India). The music has all the sophistication of a children's nursery rhyme. Or is this just me speaking from my own 'encultured' perspective. Hard to tell?

There are some points to be noted. These WHO people cannot be directly compared to normal punjabi people. They are considered as highly spiritual personalities. Just like it will be a surprise to see full bana wearing amritdhari singhs dancing on songs and singhnia dancing half naked will never be acceptable to Sikh panth. If we try to compare them with normal punjabi people then we also have to make exception if WHO people start drinking alchohal and eating meat. I shudnt have used these words but the only point of it is we cannot consider punjabi people as idol Sikhs.

Now I should also tell about my self thy I being amritdhari have danced in parties like stupids. I do not like to do it at all but I was forced to do that. I do not wear a bana and my profile pic is just a fake picture. I must say that I am worse than anybody in the world. But this is not acceptable because it is a loss of respect of these spiritual personalities among normal sangat and jigyasus.

I had no right to make any statement on this but I ask for forgivness and I told all this because I know what normal people think about this and I knw people who are not even sehajdhari but they care more about this kinda stuff. For eg. My cousins they do not eat meat for whole day when they come back from gurdwara or they choose not to go to gurdwara if they already have ate meat. On gurpurabs they dnt eat meat. I know this is nothing but for them it's a huge thing and they will be really disturbed if they see this video.

I am sorry for all mistakes.

In my opinion not everybody who wears a Turban is a sikh.... Not everybody who keeps kesh is a sikh.... not everybody who wears a kara or a Dagger is a Sikh same as for kashera.....

Are they really doing beadbi? Yes it's beadbi if they dance to Gurbani like in the video, for them it's more fun... they dun have the consciousness to understand what it means to give respect to bani.

But at this time our lovley brothers and sisters who are comming from Punjab are doing more beadbi than gores can ever do. Please remember Ravidassis took out Bani from Bhagat Ravidass ji maharaj and created an own Granth.... they do major beadbi at this time and disrespecting bani. GUrbani is not kept with sucham...

Even our lovley Granthis do more beadbi then Gores... SGPC is sleeping and Satkar compane in England started the major projekt to look after gurdwaras....