Security Check European Airports

WJKK WJKF

Apart from the Italian Milan Airport abuse, what has been the experience of Singhs travelling from other European Airports such as Czhek Republic (Prague), Schipol (Netherlands), Paris (France), Zurich/Geneva (Swiss), Brussels (Belgium) etc. etc.

Please please share your experiences .... I am very nervous as I have to travel to Schipol and Prague in the coming weeks.

WJKK WJKF

I am traveling a lot and i just had once problem in Basel (Swiss), where the security asked for removing my dastar. But i said no and after waiting for 10-15 minuts i could go without any problem.

Germany more or less no problems till now, Brussels ( Belgium) no problems, France no problems at all...

My Hitlist

Sometimes

France, Denmark, Spain, Swiss, Spain, Italy, Czech

Never

Germany, England, Sweden, Netherland, Belgium

The only place where I've really had trouble was in Brussels earlier this year. It's the only time I've ever had to tie off my dastaar and keski, usually when i say that it's a religious wear, they are okay with it, but it didn't work that time.. maybe i could have talked my way out of it, but i was in a hurry for my next flight. They had some cubicle thing where to go, but i just untied it in front of everyone, as a protest, i guess.

At Schiphol i've got my bags randomly checked, and the security people may feel your turban with their hands. All the other airports i've been to in europe have been relatively cool (Germany, France, Finland).