Failure

Guest failure

Guest failure

today i came to put down my frustration in words to share my depressive situation with you all with the hope that maybe sangat can help me out. I am in my late twenties, despite of having good education, still jobless, very unsucessful in career. I dont know what the problem is. Is it just my bad luck OR i am not good enough to have successful career. I have been struggling for years now yet no luck. I am just very disappointed at my performance. I am unhappy and constantly worrying and thinking about it. I have basically locked myself up in my house and hardly go out.

The problem is that ok if i am not meant to be successful, its my luck then fine i guess i am gonna have to live with it somehow. But the dream i saw years ago of being successful in life is keep haunting me. when i look back and think how i used to think about my future back then, which has not turned out the way i wanted. Its very depressing and makes me more sad. Over the years my confidence has come down to zero. I have kept up with my paat and nitnem so far, its not the same anymore though i just get it done, my heart is always crying and i cant concentrate on anything else in life. even while doing paat i am constantly thinking and worrying. time is flying by so fast and i have not accomplished anything in life, that makes me so worried.

i am not a very bright person. but i do have potential to be successful by working hard. all i am looking for is a chance. its been plus 2 years no chance of job whatsoever. it seems like day by day i am losing hope. my family force me to go see a doctor. i dont want to go i know the doctor cant help me in this. i am mentally depressed yes but the medicine is not going to get me successful or bring me luck. i dont share anything with anyone with the fear of making them sad. i like to keep it to myself. a friend suggested to write here and present my situation to the sangat and see if it helps.

alright you dont even have to say anything as its just my personal problem but thank you for taking your time in reading my post.

Maybe try doing Sukhmani Sahib paaths and ardaasa maybe this will help.

I know exactly how you feel....I completed my law degree and went to law school and passed the Legal Practice Course. I too had dreams of success but that was in 2008. Ive worked my butt off in law firms but kept on getting exploited but i put up with it because they kept on promising me a training contract to become a solicitor. It didnt happen and ive been struggling ever since, money wise, i left law school! im in my late twenties too and now i keep thinking i wont ever find a decent job even tho im very qualified and no girl will ever want to marry me. Ive been out of a job since august 2010 and ive sent off 600+ applications to many law firms and other places but no luck. I have to pick myself up everyday now because i keep thinking that im going to be 27 soon and i havent achieved anything or i cant support myself let alone a wife and a family one day. So i just take it day by day now....I see my friends from university getting married to women and being successful and i keep feeling that god is i dont know punishing me....i just dont know anymore....the onli good thing in this time off has been that ive been doing more paath and if im having a bad day i just do simran in my head.....You and I just need to keep going at it and one day we will find something and hopefully look back and say it made us stronger............

JSinghN, have you considered working as a paralegal for some time and then applying for a training contract? I have heard that many people have more success getting a training contract after first having gained alot of experience working as a paralegal.

Who needs money? Stop being such fools and get married, have a family and let Waheguru take care of everything. Dont even bother looking for a job, Waheguru obviously doesnt want you to have one.

How is this helpful?

How is this helpful?

I was being sarcastic. Anyone expecting life to give them their dreams on a silver platter is better off outside the real world. Judging by some of the posters on this site I thought my earlier post would be the kind of thing that people with his mentality would want to hear. If you want a job in todays world you need skill that people want.

Our grandparents came here to the uk because there was work. They told their kids to study hard to escape racism and poverty. Some did and broke through as back then the world really was their oyster. Some didnt and became disillusioned or stayed at the same level as their parents had been, but it was still better than most of the other parts of the world. My generation aint so lucky. Working extremely hard at school/6th form/uni, developing skills and hobbies, getting out there and making friends is what sets one apart. Just meandering along in life, thinking that half-assed is good enough just doesnt cut it anymore. If you cant put the effort in, dont come crying when the world doesnt act like it owes you a living. If young sikhs want to make money (isnt that anti-sikh?!) they need to think outside the box and do things that others wouldnt think of. The whole world isnt going to stop for these people to sort themselves out. The world is full of opportunity though, for those willing to go out of their comfort zone.