How To Jaap Naam - Need A Website That Teaches This

SunSingh

Also By Sri Maan Baba Waryam Singh Ji

This video is a priceless gem!!!

I think it would be an amazing seva if someone could add translations in English as to what Sant Ji is saying (as there's alot of gyan he's shared in it)...this then could be shown to Sikhs and non-Sikhs.

If only i knew how to do it i would but i don't :sad:

Only the Satguru himself in the form of the panj pyare in the presence of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj can teach how to jap naam and a pre-requisite for being taught this is to take khande di pahul to be initiated as a Sikh of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj and join the Khalsa. Those who have already taken amrit but not been taught the technique to jap naam should do pesh at an amrit sanchar where naam drir happens and the technique is taught, such as Akhand Kirtani Jatha organised amrit sanchars.

Only the Satguru himself in the form of the panj pyare in the presence of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj can teach how to jap naam and a pre-requisite for being taught this is to take khande di pahul to be initiated as a Sikh of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj and join the Khalsa. Those who have already taken amrit but not been taught the technique to jap naam should do pesh at an amrit sanchar where naam drir happens and the technique is taught, such as Akhand Kirtani Jatha organised amrit sanchars.

Then wouldn't an Amritdhari who has learned from the Punj Pyare be able to teach someone else that isn't Amritdhari? The Punj Pyare taught him/her so they can teach others.

Then wouldn't an Amritdhari who has learned from the Punj Pyare be able to teach someone else that isn't Amritdhari? The Punj Pyare taught him/her so they can teach others.

No individual but the Satguru has the right to give naam. In the present day this is carried out by the Panj Pyare (Guroo roop) in the presence of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥

Saṯgur ḏāṯā har nām kā parabẖ āp milāvai so▫e.

The True Guru is the Giver of the Name of the Lord. God Himself causes us to meet Him.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

Saṯgur har parabẖ bujẖi▫ā gur jevad avar na ko▫e.

The True Guru understands the Lord God. There is no other as Great as the Guru.

ਹਉ ਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਢਹਿ ਪਵਾ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਮੇਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥

Ha▫o gur sarṇā▫ī dẖėh pavā kar ḏa▫i▫ā mele parabẖ so▫e. ||2||

I have come and collapsed in the Guru's Sanctuary. In His Kindness, He has united me with God. ||2||

Ang 39

No individual but the Satguru has the right to give naam. In the present day this is carried out by the Panj Pyare (Guroo roop) in the presence of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥

Saṯgur ḏāṯā har nām kā parabẖ āp milāvai so▫e.

The True Guru is the Giver of the Name of the Lord. God Himself causes us to meet Him.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

Saṯgur har parabẖ bujẖi▫ā gur jevad avar na ko▫e.

The True Guru understands the Lord God. There is no other as Great as the Guru.

ਹਉ ਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਢਹਿ ਪਵਾ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਮੇਲੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥

Ha▫o gur sarṇā▫ī dẖėh pavā kar ḏa▫i▫ā mele parabẖ so▫e. ||2||

I have come and collapsed in the Guru's Sanctuary. In His Kindness, He has united me with God. ||2||

Ang 39

Hold up at first you were talking about HOW to JAPP NAAM and now your talking about GIVING NAAM. These are two different things.

In the words of a dear paajee, "No one teaches you how to love your parents, so why do you need someone to tell you how to love God?"

Try a variety of different stances on how to jap naam jee, whether thats closing your eyes or opening them. Whether its sitting or standing. Saying "Vaaheguroo" or "Ik Onkaar, Sat Naam" etc. There is no "right" or "wrong" way jee. See which works best for you! :lol:

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!