What Do You All Make Of This

JSinghN

With a name like 'Alysha' what do you expect?

Thats what i thought BUT then I got angry that i thought like that to begin with. When we start thinking like that and casting young sikhs aside because of a name we are more or less giving these perverts a free pass to target minors.

Thats what i thought BUT then I got angry that i thought like that to begin with. When we start thinking like that and casting young sikhs aside because of a name we are more or less giving these perverts a free pass to target minors.

I never said 'cast her aside', my friend. My point was that when Sikh parents give their children non-Sikh names, that tells us all we need to know about these people.

Do Muslims give their kid's Sikh names? Do the indigenous white people of the UK, USA, etc., give their kid's Sikh names? So why do Sikhs insist on naming their kids in such a way?

I never said 'cast her aside', my friend. My point was that when Sikh parents give their children non-Sikh names, that tells us all we need to know about these people.

Do Muslims or Christians give their kid's Sikh names? Do Hindus give their kid's Sikh names? So why do Sikhs insist on naming their kids in such a way?

because they are a bunch of morons and only realise their mistake when their daughter gets used and abused and all of a sudden run to the gurdwara, for the first time, for help!

.....................BUT what can you do sikh girls dont like beards and turbans.......and like those crappy haircuts......they mysteriously start liking beards and turbans after they get used and abused for some strange reason.....

I am 100 % against Muslim perverts who prey on Non Muslim girls, however this name thing.

Here's an baptized Sikh girl with the same name, it's not the name it the person. Pakistani Pervs don't care bout the name they just want the kaffir girl.

(MOD EDIT: Please refrain from putting up peoples information that bear no relevence to this topic)

Dont focus on the name, prevention better than cure.

because they are a bunch of morons and only realise their mistake when their daughter gets used and abused and all of a sudden run to the gurdwara, for the first time, for help!

.....................BUT what can you do sikh girls dont like beards and turbans.......and like those crappy haircuts......they mysteriously start liking beards and turbans after they get used and abused for some strange reason.....

What can you do? If the parents don't have the knowledge then you can't blame the kids.

@ Hammertime - I agree but you have to admit, our name is the starting point of conveying who we are. For a minority people like Sikhs, we need to have Sikh names so that people know who we are, as it shows pride in our heritage, and that we are a distinct group and need to be recognised as such. The fact that one girl called Alysha Kaur is amritdhari is insignificant because I know a guy called Amrit Singh who is so far removed from anything to do with 'Amrit' that it's laughable. :lol: But a name should always be the starting point. The rest can come later.

I am 100 % against Muslim perverts who prey on Non Muslim girls, however this name thing.

Here's an baptized Sikh girl with the same name, it's not the name it the person. Pakistani Pervs don't care bout the name they just want the kaffir girl.

(mod removed)

Dont focus on the name, prevention better than cure.

I dont care about names i was more shocked at the girls age and her mother knowing about it all! man parents are more mashed up than their own kids! my point is these girls go around hating singhs yea and then expect those same singhs to take them as wives one day!? im mean <banned word filter activated>!!!

Look, the name things is bulls**t, I mean it isn't like girls with 'proper' Sikh names don't do this. Get some perspective folks!

Point to ponder: I honestly sometimes think that the experiences of failed marriages, and spousal abuse by the some of the 2nd generation here has made them much more open to their daughters marrying who they want. Plus people have just got slack in general.

Our community avoided all this previously through early marriages I think.

Control your anger and try to think rational ways to discourage this if it bothers you.

It horribly also brings home one of the weak points of the arranged marriage system in the diaspora, as people are in danger of marrying people whose background they know little about.

And if you disagree with any comment I've made, please feel free to post your own without getting personally upset with me.

Eastenders are currently running a story of a girl called Whitney who gets picked up a organize gang who want to use her for sex.

She first is picked by one the guys who flatter her with flashy cars and nights out, and sees him as a boy freind

Then she has to sleep with his friends or face the knuckles.

Though the sex gang are white in the programme this typical of what Pakistanis do.

Charity comic relief have made a special espoisde dealing with such abuse.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ktpVHTg_cyw

Its scarey imgaine what its like in real life and this is just short programme which is a very mild version of it.