Kaam Shabads?...Men Only!

Guest Kaami...

Guest Guest

Awsw mhlw 5 ]

aasaa mehalaa 5 ||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehla:

inmK kwm suAwd kwrix koit idns duKu pwvih ]

nimakh kaam suaadh kaaran kott dhinas dhukh paavehi ||

For a moment of sexual pleasure, you shall suffer in pain for millions of days.

GrI muhq rMg mwxih iPir bhuir bhuir pCuqwvih ]1]

gharee muhath ra(n)g maanehi fir bahur bahur pashhuthaavehi ||1||

For an instant, you may savor pleasure, but afterwards, you shall regret it, again and again. ||1||

AMDy cyiq hir hir rwieAw ]

a(n)dhhae chaeth har har raaeiaa ||

O blind man, meditate on the Lord, the Lord, your King.

qyrw so idnu nyVY AwieAw ]1] rhwau ]

thaeraa so dhin naerrai aaeiaa ||1|| rehaao ||

Your day is drawing near. ||1||Pause||

plk idRsit dyiK BUlo Awk nIm ko qUMmru ]

palak dhrisatt dhaekh bhoolo aak neem ko thoo(n)mar ||

You are deceived, beholding with your eyes, the bitter melon and swallow-wort.

jYsw sMgu ibsIAr isau hY ry qYso hI iehu pr igRhu ]2]

jaisaa sa(n)g biseear sio hai rae thaiso hee eihu par grihu ||2||

But, like the companionship of a poisonous snake, so is the desire for another's spouse. ||2||

bYrI kwrix pwp krqw bsqu rhI Amwnw ]

bairee kaaran paap karathaa basath rehee amaanaa ||

For the sake of your enemy, you commit sins, while you neglect the reality of your faith.

Coif jwih iqn hI isau sMgI swjn isau bYrwnw ]3]

shhodd jaahi thin hee sio sa(n)gee saajan sio bairaanaa ||3||

Your friendship is with those who abandon you, and you are angry with your friends. ||3||

sgl sMswru iehY ibiD ibAwipE so aubirE ijsu guru pUrw ]

sagal sa(n)saar eihai bidhh biaapiou so oubariou jis gur pooraa ||

The entire world is entangled in this way; he alone is saved, who has the Perfect Guru.

khu nwnk Bv swgru qirE Bey punIq srIrw ]4]5]127]

kahu naanak bhav saagar thariou bheae puneeth sareeraa ||4||5||127||

Says Nanak, I have crossed over the terrifying world-ocean; my body has become sanctified. ||4||5||127||

Do the jaap of this shabad daily:

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

rwKu ipqw pRB myry ]

raakh pithaa prabh maerae ||

Save me, O My Father God.

moih inrgunu sB gun qyry ]1] rhwau ]

mohi niragun sabh gun thaerae ||1|| rehaao ||

I am worthless and without virtue; all virtues are Yours. ||1||Pause||

pMc ibKwdI eyku grIbw rwKhu rwKnhwry ]

pa(n)ch bikhaadhee eaek gareebaa raakhahu raakhanehaarae ||

The five vicious thieves are assaulting my poor being; save me, O Savior Lord!

Kydu krih Aru bhuqu sMqwvih AwieE srin quhwry ]1]

khaedh karehi ar bahuth sa(n)thaavehi aaeiou saran thuhaarae ||1||

They are tormenting and torturing me. I have come, seeking Your Sanctuary. ||1||

kir kir hwirE Aink bhu BwqI Cofih kqhUM nwhI ]

kar kar haariou anik bahu bhaathee shhoddehi kathehoo(n) naahee ||

Trying all sorts of things, I have grown weary, but still, they will not leave me alone.

eyk bwq suin qwkI Etw swDsMig imit jwhI ]2]

eaek baath sun thaakee outtaa saadhhasa(n)g mitt jaahee ||2||

But I have heard that they can be rooted out, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; and so I seek their Shelter. ||2||

kir ikrpw sMq imly moih iqn qy DIrju pwieAw ]

kar kirapaa sa(n)th milae mohi thin thae dhheeraj paaeiaa ||

In their Mercy, the Saints have met me, and from them, I have obtained satisfaction.

sMqI mMqu dIE moih inrBau gur kw sbdu kmwieAw ]3]

sa(n)thee ma(n)th dheeou mohi nirabho gur kaa sabadh kamaaeiaa ||3||

The Saints have given me the Mantra of the Fearless Lord, and now I practice the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||3||

jIiq ley Eie mhw ibKwdI shj suhylI bwxI ]

jeeth leae oue mehaa bikhaadhee sehaj suhaelee baanee ||

I have now conquered those terrible evil-doers, and my speech is now sweet and sublime.

khu nwnk min BieAw prgwsw pwieAw pdu inrbwxI ]4]4]125]

kahu naanak man bhaeiaa paragaasaa paaeiaa padh nirabaanee ||4||4||125||

Says Nanak, the Divine Light has dawned within my mind; I have obtained the state of Nirvaanaa. ||4||4||125||