Singhstah

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Author: Admin

Date: 07-27-04 08:52

Waking Up For Amrit Vela

By G. Udham Singh in Gurmat Sidhaant Saagar

Translated by Admin www.tapoban.org

1. That Sikh who remembers Vahiguru at Amrit Vela will achieve liberation.

2. Ishnan, nitnem and simran/abhyaas at amrit vela can transform the individual

3. Only that person can wake up for amrit vela who forsakes laziness and remembers death.

4. It is just as essential for every Gursikh to wake up in the last quarter of the night, amrit vela, as it is to do simran.

5. That person that remains asleep at amrit vela goes without the blessings and grace of Vahiguru

6. The best way of waking up for amrit vela is to eat little at night and to go to sleep on time.

7. It is at amrit vela that currents of Vahiguru's blessings are flowing but those who remain asleep at this time cannot enjoy them

8. Until the stars disappear, it is the fourth quarter of the night, amrit vela,

which is considered the most conducive time to meditate and worship Vahiguru.

9. That person that longs to wake up at amrit vela will be woken up on

time by some secret power.

10. After doing Sohila Sahib, and before going to sleep, doing ardaas for the ability to wake up at amrit vela is very beneficial.

11. That Gursikh who is thirsting for naam and baaNee will find that this thirst will be like the alarm which wakes him/her up.

12. Even cows, birds and roosters wake up at amrit vela. If a Sikh does not, it is his own bad karma.

13. It is a natural phenomenon that at amrit vela, even flowers blossom

and spread their scent more than at any other time.

14. That person who wants to meditate on Vahiguru must make it a daily habit to wake up at amrit vela.

15. It is not enough to just wake up at amrit vela, ishnaan and simran are also essential.

16. Those individuals who spend their nights lost in vices and evil and then sleep through amrit vela are destroying their own lives.

17. The way in which our minds can be attached to simran and baaNee at amrit vela is not possible at any other time.

18. All great saints, rishis, munis, bhagats and Gursikhs all have woken up at amrit vela.

19. That person's life is fruitful and worthwhile who wakes up every day at amrit vela and remembers Vahiguru.

8. Until the stars disappear, it is the fourth quarter of the night, amrit vela,

which is considered the most conducive time to meditate and worship Vahiguru.

iBMnI rYnVIAY cwmkin qwry ]

bhi(n)nee rainarreeai chaamakan thaarae ||

The night is wet with dew, and the stars twinkle in the heavens.

jwgih sMq jnw myry rwm ipAwry ]

jaagehi sa(n)th janaa maerae raam piaarae ||

The Saints remain wakeful; they are the Beloveds of my Lord.

Guest mehtab
many of us may have had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. but if you have that much love for them, you just think of them "oh in the morning, i want to say hi!", oh i'l do this, oh ill do that. i wanna meet _____ (whoever). and of course, valuable sleep time goes, most of your nights go away like this.

too much info there my friend :e: :e:

too much info there my friend

ah, now i didnt say i experienced all this, i was using examples from the manmukh world. i was also reffering to bhai rama singhs book, he talks about bairaag, but the manmukh who approached bhai sahib was describing what kind of bairaag he was experiencing, all this i put into my own words.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473

Important Information

Terms of Use