Spells

Avtar95

It means someone cast black magic on you or something. Some superstitious people put surma or a tika on babies or anyone so no "bad eye" catches the baby.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

when you get nazar what does it feel like

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

keI koit BUq pRyq sUkr imRgwc ]

Where does it say anything about black magic?

keI koit igrI myr suvrn QIvy ]

kee kott giree maer suvaran thheevae ||

Many millions of hills and mountains have been made of gold.

keI koit jK´ ikMnr ipswc ]

kee kott jakhy ki(n)nar pisaach ||

Many millions are the Yakhshas - the servants of the god of wealth, the Kinnars - the gods of celestial music, and the evil spirits of the Pisaach.

keI koit BUq pRyq sUkr imRgwc ]

kee kott bhooth praeth sookar mrigaach ||

Many millions are the evil nature-spirits, ghosts, pigs and tigers.

sB qy nyrY sBhU qy dUir ]

sabh thae naerai sabhehoo thae dhoor ||

He is near to all, and yet far from all;

nwnk Awip Ailpqu rihAw BrpUir ]4]

naanak aap alipath rehiaa bharapoor ||4||

O Nanak, He Himself remains distinct, while yet pervading all. ||4||

keI koit pwqwl ky vwsI ]

kee kott paathaal kae vaasee ||

Many millions inhabit the nether regions.

gurbani says there are ghost, and evil spirts. gurbani also says there are ridi sidhi that have certain shaktis......

people with ridhi sidhi do have the ability to control such life forms....

controling these things and using them on others....this is know as the common "black magic".....

but just the use the the word magic makes it sound like a joke or not real. these things are known better in atmic terms, things only seen when at a certain level of understand or avastha. it all falls under the ridi sidhi category.

gurbani says there are ghost, and evil spirts. gurbani also says there are ridi sidhi that have certain shaktis......

people with ridhi sidhi do have the ability to control such life forms....

controling these things and using them on others....this is know as the common "black magic".....

but just the use the the word magic makes it sound like a joke or not real. these things are known better in atmic terms, things only seen when at a certain level of understand or avastha

So a person with a high level understanding or avastha to do magic or understand it? That doesn't sit right with me. I do have complete faith in Gurbani but i think it is our definition of what evil spirits and ridh sidh is that has confused us into thinking black magic is real...

Just out of curiosity do you think a person who with a psychological disorder is like that because of a bhooth or black magic or if someone? I think it's because of karams of past lives...

I remember a sakhi where some pandit appraoched Guru Gobind Singh Ji and said it is time for the shaheedi of another great religious individual (he was trying to make Guru Gobind Singh Ji martyr himself) and then Guru Gobind SIngh ni knew exactly what he was doing so he agreed and said okay then you, pandit ji should give up your life tomorrow. The pandit got scared and tried to run off at night but the Singhs got him and brought him to Guru Sahib. Guru Sahib said that the Singh's chandi (Sri sahib) will be what brings down mughal empire, not some ritual or superstition.

call it black magic or wat ever colord magic for that instance, but like i said, its not literally magic. that word makes all this stuff sound soo silly and fake. but things do happen that we cannot explain, or that are above our level of understanding. in gurbani it says we should be aiming to go past such things. there are difffernt mantars used by differnt religions around the world and they have differnt effects. but where there is gurbani, no other mantar has any effect.

there are tons of sakhis in katha that explain these things. like i said, they take place on the atmic level, so for one to understand, we must also be on the atmic level of thinking. but to just disreguard the whole topic as false doesnt really make much sence.

for example, baba banda singh bahadur, had aquired such sidhi, and level of understand, that he could control all the 52 birs, or atmic warriors. the sakhi of how he used to send a bir to flip over his manja if anybody sat on it. if people look at this, they would say oh look, its magic, how can a manja flip over by itself. but in reality, it was done on an atmic level, so magic is not really the right term that should be used here. but when guru gobind singh ji sat on the manja, baba ji sent all 52 birs to flip over the manja, and yet nothing happened. because there is nothing more powerful then the guru.

but to think nothign happens of this sort or werid things that we cant understand, they dont happen at all, thats just silly.

weather we call it magic or use another term, when refering to these supernatural events, they do happen. maybe not all the things you hear, but it does exist.

and your example of the person with the disorder, its could be both. he could be just be sick based on health issues, or it could be a atmic occurance. depends on the actual specific sutuation. there is a sidhi that allows one to enter another persons body, its even mentioned in katha, its called "par kayan parvesh sidhi". and thats when people do weird stuff to other poeple. yea, it does not happen often as people say, and damn hard to pull off, but it does exists.

and now if we just simply dont want to believe in these things, thats fine too. cant force anybody to understand something or believe in it. we each have our seperate level of understanding, and each are entitled to believe what we choose.

180007_460182769158_500744158_5101716_2781829_n.jpgEvery arrow of Guru Gobind Singh Ji was mounted with half an ounce of gold. Its object was to alleviate the suffering of the victim.

Should the person aimed at be wounded then he could sell the gold for medicine.

Should the mark prove fatal, then the gold could be used to aid the deceased family. Two specimens of these arrows are preserved.

180725_460178559158_500744158_5101689_602501_a.jpg

In 1704 when the army of emperor Aurangzeb had laid siege to Anandpur fortress and two of its generals Zabardast Khan and Wajir Khan were playing chess under the shade of a tree while others watched the game, Guru Gobind Singh Ji stood on top of the fortress wall and watched this scene through a telescope. Guru Ji took an arrow from his quiver, strung it hard on his bow and shot it across the fields towards the assembly. Down came the whizzing arrow striking hard into the wooden leg of the manji (indian bed) where the generals sat.

The two generals who were engrossed in the game became panicky when they felt the arrow strike the wooden leg and began to wonder whose audacity and boldness it could be, they both agreed that they had narrowly missed death. Wajir Khan pulled the arrow out with a trembling hand. Raja Ajmerchand of the nearby hill states who had turned an ally of the mughals saw the arrow and recognised it. “This can only be an arrow of (Guru) Gobind Singh, look it has gold mounted on it. It belongs to no one except the Guru. But it is hard to tell from where the Guru has aimed the arrow from?”

Posted by Azaad on SIKHSANGAT FORUMS 04 January 2009

The Raja of Mandi at this point interjected, “The Guru is very brave, he must have shot it from atop of the fortress.” Zabardast doubted this as the fortress was nearly two miles away. The Raja of Mandi replied “ Two miles is nothing Guru Ji’s arrows are known to go a lot further.” Upon this Wajir stretched out his hands offering his grateful thanks to heaven for sparing his life.

All the military generals the officers present there began to admire the speak highly of Guru Ji’s chivalry and valiant conduct. They had hardly recovered from the shock of the first arrow, when a second came hissing by and hit the same leg of the manji again. The very sight of the second arrow put all the officers to flight. After a few moments they came out from under their hiding places. A piece of paper was found tied to the second arrow. Zabardast Khan gingerly untied it and read the Persian script.

“It is no miracle. It is a single art of marksmanship. I am not in favour of performing miracles nor do I intend to take the lives of Zabardast and Wajid Khan. You are labouring under the false notion that the first arrow has shot to kill either of you.” Thus the all knowing Guru knew the thoughts of the mughal officers.

167881_460178674158_500744158_5101690_2029545_a.jpg

Posted by Azaad on SIKHSANGAT FORUMS 04 January 2009

and now if we just simply dont want to believe in these things, thats fine too. cant force anybody to understand something or believe in it. we each have our seperate level of understanding, and each are entitled to believe what we choose.

Kind of agree, but a Sikh shouldn't focus on these things.

From what i have been learning about Sikhi is that we shouldn't accredit such things because they take us away from Waheguru and reality. I do agree that once we get more avastha we will start to realize what it really means.

I think there's an important lesson in how Guru Sahibs fought against zulam with the sword and the physical might of our muscles backed by Guru Ji's teachings...

I don't like debating such things but do feel if we have a friendly discussion it may help me learn more too...