What Am I Doing Wrong?

Guest Lost_

Guest Lost_

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa _ Vaheguroo ji ki fateh

I am a singhnee who is trying to further my journey into sikhi.. I currently do some paat and naam jap however still feel lost. My family are not really supportive and still eat meat. I am learning to read gurmukhi but my understanding of punjabi is bad as being brought up in a majority white society with very few sikhs which are non-amrit dari's. I have days were I just feel like giving up :( ...I would be thankful if any of my Bhaiji's n Bhenji's can guide me closer to maharaj....

Gurfateh

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

Guroo Maharaj says:

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥

Ja▫o ṯa▫o parem kẖelaṇ kā cẖā▫o.

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥

Sir ḏẖar ṯalī galī merī ā▫o.

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥

Iṯ mārag pair ḏẖarījai.

When you place your feet on this Path,

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥

Sir ḏījai kāṇ na kījai. ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

(ang 1412)

Do ardaas and take a hukamnama, get to good sangat, you can do ardaas for sat sangat as well.

Please read this sakhi:

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=118001&t=11001

You need to start understanding what the paat your reading is saying. I don't know how long you do simran for, but double what your doing and focus on the Gurbani you read or on saying Waheguru with full concentration. It's when we do paat or simran without concentration that we don't get the message or feeling of peace and quiet, where all you want is to do simran.

Okay, but by doing so will my process towards taking amrit come naturally or is there other things I should do?

Other things you can do is start getting up at Amritvela (2:30am-4:30am) so you can do simran and then nitnem Banis in the morning. One of the most important part is to practice what Guru Sahib says in the paat. Taking Amrit will come naturally by following the Guru. Keep the remeberance of Sri Waheguru ji throughout the day and not just the time you sit down to do paat. Listening to kirtan and Katha throughout the day will help you keep Sri Waheguru ji always on the mind. Take it one step at a time and build up to everything. All of this will not come in one day. Devote yourself to Sri Waheguru ji and the rewards will start coming in.

Guest Truth

Try doing naam simran in your mind- Satnaam sri Waheguru. Let go, let your muscles go loose, use your intuition. Feel the words, know the meaning of the words. They are both mantras. You will find after saying Waheguru alot that it is powerful but when you say Satnam, that it is extremely powerful. This is because Satnaam means, Truth is His Name. You are calling on his name Sat and in doing so you are actually becoming it, Truth, which is the greatest foe of illusion/maya.

We are in maya becuase we are far from him and believe a lie, that the imagery around us is real, when in reality he lives in absolute nothingness, hence becoming Truth is becoming nothing, totally effacing the self, hence becoming most humble and pure love becuase you are giving yourself to Him- the greatest seva.

Kill maya with truth through this naam, which is actually him. Repeat it over and over again in your mind with love, becuase he is Pure love and balance. Eventually your heart will beat it, your heart chakra, your hirda, where he resides and your journey will take new heights.

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Lost ji,

What you really need is Saadh Sangat.

Company of the Holy and like minded people

Therefore will recommend that you join a Sikhi camp like

http://kaursunited.org/

http://www.kaurageous.com/

The experience at camp will uplift your spirit.

In addition it's a great way to meet New(like minded people).

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Lost ji,

What you really need is Saadh Sangat.

Company of the Holy and like minded people

Therefore will recommend that you join a Sikhi camp like

http://kaursunited.org/

http://www.kaurageous.com/

The experience at camp will uplift your spirit.

In addition it's a great way to meet New(like minded people).

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru Ji Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Futeh

Please can you personal message me and I will put you in touch with some bibea who have gone through similar situation. It's good to talk with the Saadh Sangat.

Waheguru Ji Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Futeh