When Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji Said This ?

"If you cover your arm in oil and stick it in a sack of sesame seed, and if a musllaman takes as many oaths as the number of sesame seeds stuck to your arm..................... still never trust him!"

I have heard this by 2 sikhs till now.... Guru Gobind Singh ji were helped by muslims also , though many tyrants were muslims at that time .

Peer Buddh shah , Nabi Khan & Gani Khan , I think the list is endless ...!

This apparent "hate" thing can be applied similarly to hindus since they broke their oaths on cow and counting hindus as enemies of khalsa - the list is also long !

That story seems to come from Bhangu's Panth Prakash, and it isn't Guru Gobind who says it. The following is from the English translation by Kulwant Singh:

(The Mughal emperor), after a long deliberation, summoned,

Himmat Khan, The (Pathan) chief of Kasoor

He was directed to eliminate Banda in any manner

Even if he had to swear on the Koran, a million times [the original uses the word “lakh” which has been translated as a million]

The emperor Farrukhsiar briefed him so thoroughly,

He must eliminate Banda through any means, fair or foul,

(The emperor) stressed upon the need to do away with Banda repeatedly,

Even if he had to swear a thousand times upon the Koran [hazaar = thousand]

The emperor asked him to imagine the dipping of one’s arm in oil.

And the number of sesame seeds [tilh] that could stick around the oil smeared arm.

If one could succeed in killing a Hindu,

One should not feel guilty of swearing this many times. (Panth Prakash, page 361)

i think this is from zafarnama, guru ji's letter written to aurungzeb. guru ji wrote this many times in zafarnama, about how he will never trust muslims, no matter how many times they swear on the quran. this is in reference to the jang of sri anandpur sahib, when the muslim fauj said they swear on the quran they will not attack guru ji once he leaves the fort of anandpur sahib. but yet, they still attacked.

so guru ji made sure to tell his khalsa to watch out for this trick in the future, so in this letter, zafarnama, which is now guru di bani for us, guru ji teaches us to never trust any muslim no matter how many times he swears on the quran.

and this can be seen everywhere today, this is something the muslims do very often, on every little thing, they have to swear to god, just to make the other person believe them.

i think this is from zafarnama, guru ji's letter written to aurungzeb. guru ji wrote this many times in zafarnama, about how he will never trust muslims, no matter how many times they swear on the quran. this is in reference to the jang of sri anandpur sahib, when the muslim fauj said they swear on the quran they will not attack guru ji once he leaves the fort of anandpur sahib. but yet, they still attacked.

so guru ji made sure to tell his khalsa to watch out for this trick in the future, so in this letter, zafarnama, which is now guru di bani for us, guru ji teaches us to never trust any muslim no matter how many times he swears on the quran.

and this can be seen everywhere today, this is something the muslims do very often, on every little thing, they have to swear to god, just to make the other person believe them.

Brother there are a lot of translations of Zafarnama available online. If you believe that the reference in questions comes from there, can you not find it directly and share it with us?

Then Why Guru Gobind Singh ji trusted and were helped by so many muslim devotees ? Peer Buddh shah sacrificed his 4 sons and his entire army for Guru Gobind Singh . Nabi Khan and Gani Khan saved Guru Gobind singh by disguising him as ucch ka peer . Also , Guru Gobind Singh helped Bahadur shah to take the throne . If Guru Gobind singh hated and never trusted muslims , he wouldn't have had friendly relations with pathans and bahadur shah . I think you are just another sikh who hates muslims , even though hindus also did horrible things to sikhs !

Waheguru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji didn't have krodh at all. They fought against tyranny and protected the weak, this included muslims too. Muslims were persecuted as well during mughal rule. Each chakkar and arrow by Guru Ji was a gift and it had gold in it so if the person died the family would get gold or if the the person got injured they could get medicine to get better.

One thing to add is that Aurangzeb didn't know all that was going on, his officials and hindu bahman advisers kept a lot of information from him. Guru Gobind Singh ji didn't say this.

In the Zaffarnama by Guru Gobind Singh Ji to Aurangzeb, Guru Ji told how despite Aurangzeb being a great leader he did not live like a person who would after doing his prayers towards Mecca. It's said Aurangzeb started to smash his head on the wall after he read the Zaffarnama and realized what had been going on because a lot of his underlings weren't relaying the information properly.

Someone told me that Guru Gobind Singh ji had told Aurangzeb that he ( aurangzeb) won't die until he had read the entire Zaffarnama

hmm i doubt guru ji said that, but to tell u the truth its funny, how everyone else pointing fingers to different religions and labels of people, when sumtimes you have to look around and see that these type of untrustable people can sumtimes be amongst ourselves as well

no i dont hate muslims, actually they are more friendly then most people i know, but i was just stating the truth, maybe i sounded little harsh, or that i hated muslims or something like that, but i didnt even use the word hate in my post, idk where that came from. just simple facts.

and here is translation of zaffarnama, and as you can see, guru ji refers to the oaths given on behalf of kuran many times, and how guru ji would never believe any of them.

and the part about guru ji getting help from muslims, yea when did anybody say anything about guru ji not getting help from muslims? guru ji loved everyone. i am talking about the fact that guru ji says himself that he does not trust the oaths made on kuran, as they were broken, and caused shaheedi of many singhs.

getting help from muslims and oaths made on kuran are 2 different topics. read the translation. hopefully when giani narian singh jis translation of sri dasam granth sahib will be posted on gurmatveechar.com, ill post the bit about zaffarnama.

http://www.zafarnama.com/Download/zafarnama.pdf

• 5 years later...
On 5/9/2011 at 11:02 AM, motorcyclewale said:

no i dont hate muslims, actually they are more friendly then most people i know, but i was just stating the truth, maybe i sounded little harsh, or that i hated muslims or something like that, but i didnt even use the word hate in my post, idk where that came from. just simple facts.

and here is translation of zaffarnama, and as you can see, guru ji refers to the oaths given on behalf of kuran many times, and how guru ji would never believe any of them.

and the part about guru ji getting help from muslims, yea when did anybody say anything about guru ji not getting help from muslims? guru ji loved everyone. i am talking about the fact that guru ji says himself that he does not trust the oaths made on kuran, as they were broken, and caused shaheedi of many singhs.

getting help from muslims and oaths made on kuran are 2 different topics. read the translation. hopefully when giani narian singh jis translation of sri dasam granth sahib will be posted on gurmatveechar.com, ill post the bit about zaffarnama.

http://www.zafarnama.com/Download/zafarnama.pdf

People are known to convert mole hills to mountains. Guru Gobind Singh wrote Zafarnamah to emperor Aurangzeb and he said to him many things including you have no faith on Muhammad. Both Hindus and Muslims had men who supported Guru Gobind Singh and many who fought with Guru. His famour quote, " Hindu Turk dou rafzi Imam safi, manas kee jaat sabhey ekk pehchanbo- All people including various sects of Hindus and muslims consider them one human race". When emperor Bahadur shah who happened to be a muslim asked the question , " Majhab Kaun sa khoob, Tumarah jan hamara- Which religion is good, yours or ours, Guru replied, " For you yours, for us ours." Hundred of muslims sacrificed for Guru Sahib. So answer is no, Guru loved all humanity including muslims. Guru Teg bahadur stayed several days in a muslims house during his tour to Delhi for martyrdom.