is it okay bow infront of sant ?

sevak

superb points made by khalistani & balwinder singh-

i have to admit i bowed once when i was little to a baba that came 2 the uk ... i really learnt a lot that day about not following the crowd!

less of this ^_^ and more of pray.gif

besides as the baba walked past he grabbed my gutti like a shaolin monk doing an eagle claw move.

i think he was giving ashidvaar but i felt bad as i saw Guruji to my right so i didnt again

good point on indhira- just goes to show we show no respect for Guruji when we go Gurdwara on sunday as we sit talking but as soon as someone walks in that has worldly wealth, power or status we all shut up and stare or in her case some probably stood and gave her a salute

<_<

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

well i did matha tek to him..and now i regret it..cuz i did it w/o thinking :wub: :D :wub: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...now what should i do..i learned my lesson..will i be punished or forgive from guru ji ??? :yehyehyeh: :yehyehyeh: :yehyehyeh:

Guruji's the most forgiving person on the planet, it rightfully makes us feel bad to think how many times we use Him and He's still there for us every single time in our time of need ^_^

Guruji would forgive us and continue to teach us when our own worldly mother, father and entire society would shun us.

Same happened to me, don't worry Guruji isn't vengeant or nothing! However, if you do have some spare time do some naam simran just to show you're genuine because over the years we'll only show our faith to Guruji with action over inaction pray.gif

Peace

waheguru ji ki khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

hanji u r rite sikhlinoz..i learned my lesson..too..but still feeling bad..being amritdhari..i did this make mistake ... :wub:

waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru...

stop following crowd people [me too]..and more of pray.gifpray.gif only to guru ji ...waheguru waheguru

Is it ok to bow infront of sants? The answer in one word is NO!

BUT! "Jo Deesay GursikhRa Tis Niv Niv Laago Paye Jeeo"

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Sahib I believe that the pad-ched of the panktee which you have quoted is incorrect..

You can do vand of the words this way too: "Jo Disey Gur Se Khara, Tis Niv Niv Laago Paae Jeeo"

Where ever I see my Guru standing, and go and bow to him.

Also, I came across a rehitnaama very recently and it goes like this: "Paeri Pavnaa Chode Matey, Vaaheguru Ji ki keh Fateh

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

hunn kandolle nu na das dei...ohney changa lamba chaudda program bana dena tere lei

well if you really want me to post here...

before reading this, i would have thought you can bow to sants seeing there is no difference between the sant and god.

but saying that, the akal takhat hukamnama has stated you cannot do matha teek to anyone or anything other than SGGS, the hukamnamas are signed by the 5 takhats, the supreme authority of the sikhs. and its the panj pyare (guru jis roop) who issue them.

so cant go against guru ji now can we?

of course we can pay our respects to sants, but in another way. you just say fateh to them.

i remember when baba thakur singh ji came to leicester, he sat down, and left a while later (well he was ill so he needed rest). so anyway, when he left the darbar hall, i saw one old buddhi applying some dust to her fore-head (this came from where sant ji was standing), sant ji saw it, but said nothing.

was it anti gurmat what this buddhi did?

Guest mehtab
i remember when baba thakur singh ji came to leicester, he sat down, and left a while later (well he was ill so he needed rest). so anyway, when he left the darbar hall, i saw one old buddhi applying some dust to her fore-head (this came from where sant ji was standing), sant ji saw it, but said nothing.

was it anti gurmat what this buddhi did?

How about calling her a bajurg bibi instead of buddhi ?

Bhai Vir Singh ji, a respected scholar and Gursikh of Guru Sahib, wrote in his book Gurmukh Sikhiya that bowing to just anybody is totally wrong...he also added that a gursikh should only bow to Guru Granth Sahib and a saint that is guiding him (murshid)

why do u need a saint guiding you? guru sahib is the ultimate sant. why not learn off of older gursikhs, which is the panthic norm yet follow guru sahib.

singling out one person to follow is dangerous and can lead to cultism, as can be seen in through noormahlias, narinder grewal etc.. this is what happens when people start to follow a single person as their "murshad"