Me And God ....

SarabjeetS

This is my own personal experience and I am sure most of you will agree to it :

People who have more faith on God than themselves are usually the ones who mostly don't go anywhere in life .. On the other hand , people who take it on their own shoulders and don't give credit or blame to God for their failing or success are usually the ones who are living PRACTICAL lives in my opinion . These days , I can't really care any more for what God wants me to do ! Relying on God has never helped me considerably so as to speak ! I am not a complete atheist , but the thing is that I am 21 and a half and in a couple of years I may find myself in a position where I will have to struggle real hard to find in a decent job and the ghar-grihasti thing starts from there on ... this is depressing to even think of ! Eyeroll.png Where will God be in all this picture ? Are you even getting what I am trying to say here ?

But , on the other hand , life without a higher being to look for you sounds depressing also !

Belief in God sounds like a means of escapism from challenges of life , whereas without god and spirituality in your life, it maybe become boring and tasteless !

what should I do ?

PS : I am expecting practical replies please

This is my own personal experience and I am sure most of you will agree to it :

People who have more faith on God than themselves are usually the ones who mostly don't go anywhere in life .. On the other hand , people who take it on their own shoulders and don't give credit or blame to God for their failing or success are usually the ones who are living PRACTICAL lives in my opinion . These days , I can't really care any more for what God wants me to do ! Relying on God has never helped me considerably so as to speak ! I am not a complete atheist , but the thing is that I am 21 and a half and in a couple of years I may find myself in a position where I will have to struggle real hard to find in a decent job and the ghar-grihasti thing starts from there on ... this is depressing to even think of ! Eyeroll.png Where will God be in all this picture ? Are you even getting what I am trying to say here ?

But , on the other hand , life without a higher being to look for you sounds depressing also !

Belief in God sounds like a means of escapism from challenges of life , whereas without god and spirituality in your life, it maybe become boring and tasteless !

what should I do ?

PS : I am expecting practical replies please

This makes sense . I don't know how some people go to the extent of leaving matters of finding soul-mates to the divine .But people who dont go anywhere in life are the ones who blame God .People who have tried all that they could are the ones who are waiting for some miracle to Happen

PS However Practical you may try to be , Aspirations,dreams and desires are all supposed to be made of stuff that is unrealistic

I was always told since childhood to be afraid of God. That doesn't meant to be a coward or start whimpering in fear when there was a clap of thunder in the sky, lol. Just respect His "bhaana" and do what you need to do in life. Always be in chardhi-kala during the good times and the bad. Don't hit the floor when the bad times arrive, but also don't get over-excited if you are fortunate to experience the good times.

I'm sure someone understands what I'm trying to say.

I was always told since childhood to be afraid of God. That doesn't meant to be a coward or start whimpering in fear when there was a clap of thunder in the sky, lol. Just respect His "bhaana" and do what you need to do in life.

I'm sure someone understands what I'm trying to say.

I grew up watching a lot of "Rocky " movies and others in which we are taught about the virtues of resolve , patience,honesty,standing up for truth and determination . When i grew up , i realized that children have to unlearn a lot of things that they learnt when they were small to survive in this world

I grew up watching a lot of "Rocky " movies and others in which we are taught about the virtues of resolve , patience,honesty,standing up for truth and determination . When i grew up , i realized that children have to unlearn a lot of things that they learnt when they were small to survive in this world

Just because the world does not live by the values you mentioned above, does not mean they have to abandoned. If the world turns bad, we don't have to turn bad with it.

There's nothing wrong with being afraid of God. It's a constant reminder that there's something greater than us in this world. Like I said previously, the fear I mentioned isn't a physical, manifest fear. It's a quiet, personal reminder not to develop an ego. Apologies if you misunderstood my intention.