Lahore Sikhs Denied Right To Observe Shaheedi Divas Of Bhai Taru Singh Ji

Mehtab Singh

@ Gotti

I have no personal experience of Pakistan but from my families experiences it has been all good. There is immense love from Pakistanis for Sikhs, my parents went for yatra and can honestly say the hospitality they recieved was second to none. The average rehriwala (stall keeper) selling fruit etc. did not take their money, as they were their guests thats how much love they recieved. Compaired to the yatras they been to in India where in a couple of instances they were treated very wrongfully.

I think the younger generations esp. in the UK hear stories which are exageratted (both sides), which causes anomosity. They hear of partition and think over 10 lakh punjabis died it's all the other sides fault, However, all communties had bad people BUT the GOOD peoples stories are never heard off. All sides had help from other fatihs As before all Punjabis got on well. My nana ji's family is from montgomery area (sahiwal) pre patwara. He told me incredible stories about the love, relationships, help and ties he had form that place. He loved it moreso than where he had resettled in India. He moved to UK in 50's and settled back in Nawanshahr Distt. in the late 70's.