Singapore Airlines to link Amritsar Direct

nanosecond

Singapore Airlines to link Amritsar

5-August-2004

Chandigarh, Come October and the Sikh holy city of Amritsar in Punjab will have direct flights to Singapore three days a week.

"There will be nearly 1,000 seats available every week for people from Punjab and adjoining states to fly straight to Singapore and onward destinations," said B.K. Ong, Singapore Airlines' India region general manager, announcing the service.

Beginning Oct 1, the flights will operate every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

The airlines will use Boeing B 777-200 aircraft on this route and the flight would last about seven hours. Ong said Singapore Airlines was launching the service due to heavy passenger traffic in this sector.

He said it would not only cater to people coming to Amritsar -- where the Golden Temple, the holiest of Sikh shrines is located -- but would also fly passengers headed to other places in Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

Many passengers bound for Dharamsala -- where Tibetan leader Dalai Lama stays -- in Himachal Pradesh would now have another option apart from New Delhi.

Ong said he was satisfied with facilities available at Amritsar's Rajasansi airport. "We would not have allowed the flight to this destination had facilities not been up to the mark."

State Tourism Minister Jagmohan Singh Kang said the Punjab government had urged the civil aviation ministry to upgrade facilities at the airport as a number of international flights were operating from there.

heck yeah and every singapore airlines flight has like high speed ethernet jack at every seat!!!! I WANNA BOOK NOWWW :wub:

wait is it safe to take a laptop to india? would it get stolen? I havent been there since i was little and dont remember

yeah yeah, I know what your thinking "some nihang singh"

haha

Guest balwinderkaur

yippee ya ya yippee yippee yippee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa woooohoooooooooo goooooooooooooo SQ...SQ ROCKS MY WORLD...awesome news...now i wanna go on it to amritsar during my holzz ....awesome...direct flights...woooooooohooooooooooo :wub: rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

P.S.: maybe i should use my free business class upgrade ticket to goto amritsar in their Raffles Class....whooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa i can't wait to go back to Singapore and board this flight. :D :wub: *BIGGGGG SMILEEE*

Guest balwinderkaur

hey isnt this news that khalsa raaj is approaching soon.....i remember somewhere where it was stated then when khalsa raaj is approaching there will be direct flights straight into City of Nectar i.e. Amritsar.........ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo geeeeeeezzzzzz i am sooooooooooooo happieeeeeeeeee.........its the best airline ever flying into amritsar........yaaaaahoooooooo

FINALLY....................YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA, now i don hav to travel half way around india do get home...................YHHHHHHHHHHH, its easier from here 22222222222,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sq is da best ariline man!! :wub:

gonna see if u guys can leave me a spot wen i get to da booking agents. :homer

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Excellent job.

Manjot Singh veerjee do not worry abt ur laptop and other costly stuff when u visit India , come here and insured it from me (do not tell him i will get commission for it) and then u can be free and if ur things lost u will probably get the claim when u will visit India with your kids.

lol ...........hjahahahahhahah......llllol

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!