Redoing Anand Karaj

Guest hello there

Guest hello there

wjkk wjkf,

with maharaaj kirpa my husband and i are going to take amrit,

we had a typical punjabi wedding with tha bhangra and stuff, dont even knew that time meaning of anand karaj

we went to amritdhari weddings and feel like we missed something out during our wedding..

ive never seen or heard of a couple who is taking anand karaj for second time (same couple)

is this possible?

wjkk wjkf,

with maharaaj kirpa my husband and i are going to take amrit,

we had a typical punjabi wedding with tha bhangra and stuff, dont even knew that time meaning of anand karaj

we went to amritdhari weddings and feel like we missed something out during our wedding..

ive never seen or heard of a couple who is taking anand karaj for second time (same couple)

is this possible?

In strict Akhand Kirtani Jatha amrit sinchars, when a couple comes for peshi they are first given amrit then anand karaj is performed. I know that anand Karajs that have been done in Amrit Sinchar mandal itself for couple who were not amritdharee before.

An Anand Karaj as per gurmat is only valid, when both are accept SGGS as Guroo. This means taking amrit and keeping rehit. This is the reason a Singh and Singhni who are to be married come to the hazoree of SGGS jee to do their anand karaj. To take Guru Sahib(Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee) & sangat as witness to their union.

By right, 2 people who get married in presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee both can only be amritdharee.

The rest Guru Sahib knows better.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

Since we are talkin about anad karaj.. I got a chance to meet and learned bani and other important information from a gurmukh who does santhya (teaching gurbani and how to pronounce gurbani akhar properly) that, he learned from Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa, Bhindranwale.

He told us, that according to Damdami Rehat Mrayda, A couple must perform 4 lavan by doing parkarma (walking around) Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji In order to be married. Cuz in some cases and at some gurdwara's what they do is that they only stand front of guru ji and that's it! So realisticly, they r not married!

SO MAKE SURE WHN U R GETTING MARRIED, U DO PERFORM PARKARMA... :cool2: