Proms & Discos ? :S

Guest not sure

I know what i read from your post and its clear what you were saying. I wish you had answered my questions, but as i wrote them, i had a feeling you wouldn't answer them. And my gut feeling wasn't wrong here. Also, i'll refresh your memory here.

You can't even admit you mistook my stance for (iet's) view. I also need no refreshment of my memory thanks.

All your questions (but one, answered below) were answered by the overall theme I was conveying in my point.

Quite frankly I didn’t have time to answer questions like would you give a child a car at 5. Now thats something that does not apply here.

When i read your post, i was tryin to understand why are you bringing up such comments that don't even apply here. There is no Mahapursh here telling the OP their future. I know what I read and your biased view off pushing toward going to prom was showing in your knowning the future bit. Here let me refresh your memory again from a different post from this thread.

I bought up this point to illustrate that everyone is at their own level of development and that you can't suddenly tell someone to start 5 banis a day after a life of the completely opposite thing (mammon etc). You're a joker, please read carefully. I am not referring to the OP when I say the mahapursh knew this guys destiny too but I am referring to the man in my story.

Before you start bringing up so called scholarly writings on this way of behaving. I'm ask you another question, and i hope it gets answered this time. What does Guru Sahib say about going to these events? All that matters here is what Guru Sahib says...FULL STOP. Rehat says don't go. Rehat comes from Satguru, so you DONT GO...FULL STOP.

Quite frankly, I don't know what Satuguru Ji would say on this matter. I feel his view would not be as black and white as yours. And please refrain from shouting.

If you had read my post, then you wouldn't be writing such nonsense. Sant's don't attend these kinds of events. In what world can an average joe attend this event. Who cares about classmates and it is not just a party. Are you here for classmates or Satguru? For you it might be..just a party. But when you are on higher spiritual levels, it means the whole universe. Satguru forgives in a second, but a Sikh suffers many lives for his mistakes. Speak to a Gurmukh that has struggled many lives to get where he or she is at. Gurbani explains this struggle to us, but some miss it, so speak to a Gurmukh, they also can explain in detail.

Nonsense? Its called an opinion mate and everyone is entitled to one. Plus we are not saints.

And who wants to participate in events, which drive them away from Satguru? Sincerely, I think you need to re-think what Sikhi really means.

I was saying it could actually drive him closer if you had read my post.

I think you take responses too personally. Looking at your reply to iets' post has confirmed this. Telling someone his level of ego is similar to demi gods is not being humble my friend, no matter what his opinion may be.

Again, its obvious we completely disagree with this issue. Let's just leave it at that.