"Taddle Tailing"?

Guest Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Sangat jeo

Recently my sister and i made a big decision/lifestyle change and are going to school somewhere new. A daughter of a long time family that we've known also transferred to our school because she had "problems" at her old school. Before we left, her parents (who are our neighbors) told us that she is our responsibility and we should watch out for her. What we found out was that she was out of control at the old school and she went out partied, drank and smoked. I had known earlier from a friend but didn't know it was to such an extreme extent. I considered talking to her but she lies right in our faces because she is scared of me. To cut a king of long story short, she just went back to that same school this weekend and texted my sister not to tell our parents that she went there because her parents don't want her anywhere near there. I was talking to a few people and considered telling her parents but they strongly disagreed, including my sister. I'm stuck in a moral dilemma because I don't think she will reason if i talk to her. She's the type of individual that will say yes to your face, lie and continue to do what she does. If i tell her parents I will get a lot of heat from people around here.

I'm considering talking to my dad/mom about it, they may know what to do. For now what do you guys think I should do...

Just to add: The way her parents found out about her previous school was because her friend told on her and told almost everything she did.

I know it sounds cliche but you should talk to her about gurbani.

When I was at school/uni I knew a guy who loved god so much, that when he spoke about gurbani and our gurus I would sometimes well up in tears and repent for everything I had done(I did quite alot in mine and my families books, as an indian girl)- I would feel like crying in this guys presence because I could actually feel how strong this love was..

I continued to live a life of kal- but when I'd come back to uni halls drunk, would get on my knees in front of the guru nanak picture and just cry and cry and apologise. Days would come where I would pray to get out of the kal and stop being foolish, as I felt I could not control myself..

One day when I'd had enough, even though I had stopped speaking to my old friend a while before, I stopped everything, drinking, smoking, clubbing, guys, even drugs-

and started doing amrit vela naam simran.

My life changed, and I didn't need anyone or anything else, I cut off my old friends and lifestyle, and family went out the window- realising the falsity of friends and family and knowing that one full of the 5 thieves could never give me real happiness-

What I'm trying to say is that Sat is Sat, everyone has god sitting in their hearts, even the greatest sinner, a simple word of sat can stir and bring attention to the true heart(God- our heart is his heart) of even the most sinful, hardest individual..

Sat sticks, one cannot simply shake the words off, because it is the very fibre of all of our beings- god is wherever sat is spoken- you can awaken someone to sat simply by speaking it..

Trust me when I say, that even fools can be transformed with Sat