Starting Nitnem

SikhSeeker

Gurfateh

I am trying to start reciting Jaap Sahib in the mornings. Does the Sadh Sangat have any good ways of starting off? I was thinking of using a tape and following Bani,

I was also thinking of doing first10 Pauris 1 week, and then next do 20 Pauris for example. Would that be expectable, if I only do a section of Pauris not the full Parth?

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to start of Nitnem?

Thanks

Start off by just listening to a tape, that way the paath and pronounciation will 'stick'. (As a child, I grew up listening to recordings of nitnem playing when I was getting ready for school then when the time came to start doing my paath, I already knew most of it off by heart) Listen to the tape whenever you can, on your way to school/work, at school/work, before you go to bed, while showering etc. Remember that pronounciation is very important, it is better to listen to paath than to be doing it wrong, so listen to it first then try to do it yourself.

Thanks, hows about doing a certain amount of Pauris a day of Parth to start off. Would that be acceptable?

That should not be an issue, until and unless one is comfortable and has his heart associated to the Paath till how long he/she does it, Search for Bhai Satnam Singh Sethi Nitnem's Audio online, quite good for listening to start with ...

I once started Akal Ustaat, did half as the whole Paath was very big, and left rest to be done some other day ...