A Very Serious Question For All Of You, Regarding A Death In My City

Guest DeathOrLoyalty

Guest DeathOrLoyalty

Hello all. A Gursikh man of 85 years died in my town last weekend. He lived alone, was very religious and was even the president of a Gurdwara here.

His downstairs rental guy burned his house down. What happened was the Gursikh escaped the house... but his Guru Granth Sahib was still inside. He ran back in to save it.... and ended up dying inside the fire.

Did he do the right thing? Is it worth giving up the human life for that? Is this technically a modern day Shaheedi? Could any of us truly say we would do the same?

Did he do the right thing? Is it worth giving up the human life for that? Is this technically a modern day Shaheedi? Could any of us truly say we would do the same?

OP ji, may be that gursikh ran for Maharaj's Bir sahib since that was his life ji.. i feel he wasn't running away from life but running for his life..

Guest tiniaeu

Hello all. A Gursikh man of 85 years died in my town last weekend. He lived alone, was very religious and was even the president of a Gurdwara here.

His downstairs rental guy burned his house down. What happened was the Gursikh escaped the house... but his Guru Granth Sahib was still inside. He ran back in to save it.... and ended up dying inside the fire.

His love for the Guru/God sent him back- so of course it was shaheedi..

Such love brings a tear to my eye...

God bless His indescribably beautiful soul

As to whether or not I would do the same, of course I would love to think that I would and I can tell myself that I would. But until the actual time comes I don't know. I pray that if something like this ever happens to me, Waheguru Ji would give me the strength to do it. And of course he is a shaheed. He died trying to save his guru, trying to protect his dharam

I don't know what goes through people's mind when they face an emergency. This is the second article I have read recently where an individual got out of the house when there was a fire and then had/tried to go back in. The other incident, I read was about this woman who escaped the fire and then was prevented by neighbours from going back into the house to get her children. Her children died in the house fire.

Point, I am making is that, If an emergency arises then, always think before taking action. I know its easier said than done but In case of fires, always make sure kids are safe. In this case, where Guru ji were present at the residence then the home owner should have gone straight to Guruji. Having said all that, the answer to the shaheedi, question is YES. The Singh is in the same league as the mukatsar singhs who stayed with their guru and achieved shaheedi.