Sukhmani Sahib - Individual Salok Mp3S

Fateh.

I was wondering if anyone had access to Sukhmani Sahib but with the Saloks as individual MP3 files? I'm trying to learn the various pronounciations of some of the harder parts of Sukhmani Sahib (well all of it tbh), and I was thinking of copying over the relevant Gurbani to my MP3 player, and reciting Sukhmani Sahib as I listen to it through my earphones.

Its a very strange problem as I know and recite all other nitnem from heart and can read Gurmukhi when required. But Sukhmani Sahib is something new to me and I don't like making incorrect pronounciations of the Gurmukhi words. Some of it sounds wrong to my ears and I don't want to heap "bhaar" on myself by speaking incorrectly so I'd like to learn by a Salok-by-Salok basis.

The reason I ask for individual Salok MP3 files is so that I can pause, rewind, etc., quite easily if its a relatively short MP3 file. Trying to find the correct location when the Gurbani is in one file is sometimes very difficult, as the rewind and forward features are quite sensitive and I'll spend more time messing with the controls than actually learning something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank-you!

WjkKWjkF

I was looking for the same thing and came across the following a while back:

http://www.gurdwarananaksar.com/english/audio_e.html (scroll down to second batch of files)

However, please note that the above recordings are done to Nanaksar Maryada where they read a "Sanpat" of "Sukhmani Sukh Amrit Prabh Naam. Bhagat Jana kay Man Bisram" after each Astpadee and SatNaam Sri Waheguroo after each Salok.

You'll probably find more info on Nanaksar Maryada from a search on this site.

Bentee to the Sangat, please lets not make this into Jatha bashing thread!

Thanks

daas has got bhai jarnail singh jee (ddt) recordings split up somewhere.

will try and upload them on 4shared somewhere!

vaahiguroo.

Thanks so much. I would be very grateful if you could do this. Bhai Jarnail Singh of Damdami Taksal? A wonderful voice. I think I have Giani Ji's Rehraas Sahib. Amazing.

(also, veereh, you should try get gurbanee santhiya, then will help you alot in pronounication problems.

where all you from jee?)

Long story short, I'm not well enough to leave home. Although with Waheguru's grace I'm getting better and have reached a stage whereby I can read something again, and Gurbani is proving to be an irresistible force that is calling to me and I feel I have to "reply".

But anyway I'm devising systems of home-made santhiya, and for the moment, this is the best I can do. :biggrin2:

If anyone's interested, what I did was copy over a complete MP3 of Sukhmani Sahib, but put it into the Audiobook section of my MP3 player.

Now the interesting thing is that anything you put in the Audiobook part of your MP3 player can be slowed down, sped up, etc. Also the pause and resume controls are lot more precise.

So I listened to 2 lines of Sukhmani Sahib, then paused the MP3 and then with my Gutka read and repeated the same 2 lines out aloud. I'm very happy as I didn't mess up any pronounciations.

Took 4 hours though because I had to keep pausing every 2 lines but I'm sure my completion time will improve when I get accustomed to doing Sukhmani Sahib.

Another update:

Yes! Its finally sinking in. There are some pronounciation differences that confuse at first, i.e. there's a difference between normal, written Punjabi and printed Gurmukhi but once you get the hang of it you begin to correct yourself before the mistake is made.

Just a matter of taking it slow and steady. Thankfully I had cursory knowledge of Punjabi and Gurmukhi which helped I suppose. I pity the brother or sister who has to start from scratch. Although I suppose that's where Romanised Gurbani comes in handy if learning is proving to be really quite difficult.

Next goal is to reduce the time it takes me to recite Sukhmani Sahib.