Ear Pains From Patka

Guest anon

Yo fellow community. Basically I wear a patka, i am fussy and normally wear it kind of tight... But my ears and slightly head(not sure if patka is "main" issue for head ache/pain) seem to hurt and seem like "Dry" well not really dry but feel "bumpier|. Any tips on stopping the "pain" beside wearing a pagh etc... not really wanting to in this current time soon though,also don't want to tie patka ontop of ears etc.. idk why lol. Tried some vasalene did alright job but anything else other then 'drastic' changes not looking to loosen my patka up as i play many sports but 'like' keeping my patka tight lol, first time here so..(here being the forum ofc) Also my ears havnt gotten used to it.

Thanks ;d

Try some of these:

1) Apply bit of cream (eg niva etc) to ur ears. Like rub the cream on them. (It works)

2) Try the cotton wool method.

3) Depending on how u tie your patka trying ironing the section that covers the forehead/ears 1st. Bit strange but it helps :D lol..

Hope that helps :) or try a small dastar that won't hurt your ears :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Mahan Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ke fateh. I am 13 and since I was 9 I used to tie my patka really tight and my neck started to get stiff so loosened it just a bit and when I came home I took it off and massaged the areas that hurt. I used to spend about 40 minutes doing the patka to get everything right but now it takes me 5 minutes. What makes it tighter is when you tie the knot at the top so you could loosen that a bit. I really love sports and play at least 12 hours of sport a week like cricket,football and hockey. I didn't do it too tight and I could still play sports just as well because I wasn't constantly worrying about it and touching it all of the time.

Hope I helped,

MysteriouSingh

I used to have this problem before I started tying a dastaar. You are tying the patka too low and it is cutting into your skin. It hurts a lot. Tie it a little higher and when you are done pull your ears out and push the patka a little higher above your ears.

• 7 months later...

Veer Anon jee,

The best advice I can give is to start to learn to tie Dastaar (pagh) as soon as possible. Daas used to tie patka but since learning to tie dastaar I have never turned back. The comfort and look of dastaar is million times greater than patka. Since taking amrit I cannot and will never tie patka again even if playing sports. There is no point in delaying to wear pagh, the sooner the better bro.

For playing sports you can tie a gol (round) dastaar which will be fine. Also tying a gol dastar is very simple and comfortable on the head, you can tie one very quickly and it will save you of all the problems you are experiencing with patka.