Sikh Gurdwara Vandalized; Saldef Calls For Hate Crime Investigation

Mehtab Singh

Very sad news...what is this world coming to. I remember a few years ago in the US there was a Gurdwara named "Gobind Sadan". And some people misread it as "Go Bin-Laden" and burned it down. Even my small Gurdwara in Albany, NY has been attacked. Some people shot BB pellets at the windows at night when no one was there. Sikh Community has to be strong in times like these

Very sad news...what is this world coming to. I remember a few years ago in the US there was a Gurdwara named "Gobind Sadan". And some people misread it as "Go Bin-Laden" and burned it down. Even my small Gurdwara in Albany, NY has been attacked. Some people shot BB pellets at the windows at night when no one was there. Sikh Community has to be strong in times like these

How could anyone misread that that horribly? They must be idiots. And the grafitti on this one looks idiotic too. I can't even tell what they are trying to say!

This is very sad. again we are being mistaken.

It seems that this is anti- muslim and once again thay have mistaken sikhs for muslims.

It is still racist, there is no need for this. However, some parts of muslim community do not do themselves any favours by their actions.

The sikhs that are suffering due to mistaken identity need to make a stand and make it clear that we are different, we are peoples people with peace and we oppose what the taliban and other fanatics do. We are totally against 9/11 and other suicide bombings.

They need to realise and see that Sikhs are a class of their own and believe in all equal humanity and never think or claim to be above the rest.

Gurfateh