Machete Brawl At Sri Guru Nanak Sikh Centre In Brampton Called Disgraceful By Judge

N30S1NGH

As you rightly said, marriage fraud to earn immigration is another stigma at our community.

I m going to put caste spin on this topic, i myself jatt(although no longer jatt as in khalsa family) cannot help but to think - problem seems to be with sikhs with jatt background, its' one common thing that its consistently there in all the issues.

Eg-

-Most of the gurdwara which have committee issues are run by jatt based members (sikhs from different caste) are not even allowed to be in the committe.

- Most of fake marriages coming abroad you see are from jatt base punjabis.not sure where jiimar has gone for the jatts when they do fake anand karaj lavan.

- Most of drug related crimes here in vancouver, are all from punjabis with last name- brar, bains, grewal, sidhu atwal, boparaie.

I do not want to start contoversy against jatts(as i come from jatt background) but i cannot bloody stop to think otherwise if you compare the cases with sikhs with other back grounds.

so what is it? upbringing? hostility in the genes?

As you rightly said, marriage fraud to earn immigration is another stigma at our community.

I m going to put caste spin on this topic, i myself jatt(although no longer jatt as in khalsa family) cannot help but to think - problem seems to be with sikhs with jatt background, its' one common thing that its consistently there in all the issues.

so what is it? upbringing? hostility in the genes?

Where does your theory stand when you remember what was probably the worst ever gurdwara 'fight'....the one that made international headlines....the one in New York a couple of years ago.....the one in the LABANA gurdwara with LABANAS fighting each other ?

As for your other points........when the jatts in those places make up 80% of the Sikhs what makes you think they shouldn't make up 80% of the statistics for those things ?

As for your point about gurdwara committes......seeing as you think there are hundreds if not thousands of Gurdwaras in which jatts will not let a non-jatt become a committe member....Why don't you do us all a favour and name one. Gone on. name one if you can.

Well said GPS re: WE should raise our voices. Lets talk about what "I" should do. Lets take personal responsibility. If we are so vehemently opposed to such conduct, we need to act accordingly. The conduct of these buffoons does not start and end at the Gurudwara. We have massive cultural issues with fraud, cheating, sexism, sociopathic traits, etc. We can start with choosing to control our interaction with such people. Which one of us will speak out when someone takes fraud lightly? Which one of us is willing to be a social outcast by speaking out against friends, family or associates? Ask yourself; Am I willing to take a hit in my personal, social or business life by speaking out rather than silently cooperating?

The most common area that these people employ their sociopathic ways is probably in how they make a living. Amongst these people are “successful businessmen” that the community in general holds in high regard. Their sociopathic traits help them succeed against the backdrop of a more trusting society. Their self-centered arrogance makes the type of society that disintegrates into chaos and corruption.

I am not suggesting being abrasive or confrontational. Rather, I am suggesting being a quiet brave warrior, marching to your beat of Sikh values and not being afraid to let others know that's how you operate. Lets be such strong, poised, and empathetic Sikhs that each one of us will counter the damage done by a 1000 rogues.

In India we have sGPC to manage our Gurudwaras and that is elected by direct voting.

Our People immigrate to foreign shores especially Canada adopting tactics that amount to fraud.

They lower our image much more than these fights in gurudwaras here and there.There have been

cases where father married his daughter to earn immigration. That is outrightly condemnable. We should raise

our voice against such tactics.

In India we have sGPC to manage our Gurudwaras and that is elected by direct voting.

Our People immigrate to foreign shores especially Canada adopting tactics that amount to fraud.

They lower our image much more than these fights in gurudwaras here and there.There have been

cases where father married his daughter to earn immigration. That is outrightly condemnable. We should raise

our voice against such tactics.

You people know nothing of your own history. When white judges make statements that clearly don't understand, and make no effort to understand, the very nature of a Sikh Gurdwara, mistakenly equating it with the Christian concept of a quiet serene place of sanctuary.....you people should be explaining your religion to that judge. A Judge, by nature, is supposed to be very knowledble. If I were a judge and I judged the happenings in a bhuddist monastry on the basis of what was acceptable in a sikh gurdwara then I could hardly call myself knowledgable at all. If anything, I would be a fool. So....you should all stop bending over backwards to please the white judge in canada...and the white media in canada. Don't play to their ignorance. Either teach them about sikhism or forget about them.

But honestly it never ceases to amaze me just how many western born Sikhs confuse their places of worship with the serene and peacefull christian church. Just because its the christian tradition of a building with sanctuary from weapons and noise it doesn't mean we have the same concept. Know who you are people. Know who you are.

As for the other point. The vast majority of Sikhs that arrived in England in the 1950's arrived here from Karachi on false Pakistani passports under false pakistani muslim identities. My grandfather included. Even most of the ones that arrived in the 60's came under false details of being so and so's son or daughter. The next time then, you feel like pontificating against the newcomers that bend the rules you should be true to your beliefs and stand in the corner and administer yourself a severe beating before spitting on yourself and placing yourself in a cargo box to be shipped back to india.

Each and every minute of everyday there are millions of rich educated folk that are committing fraud on their tax and business dealings. No one bats an eyelid when that happens. But when an ocean and unfair immigration rules seperate a mother from her beloved son or daughter you criticise them for bending the rules a little.

The next time one of you wanna criticise those that scam the immigration rules I think your mother or father should be forcibly removed from you, placed in another country, never to be seen again lest for a 2 week holiday every other year. Then lets see how much respect you have for immigration rules.

• 3 weeks later...

West London you make valid points about reality and other cultures. Despite your valid points, there remains a very serious problem with punjabis understanding basic human respect and ethics. This is not necessarily associated with a certain class of immigrants. Our community as a whole and in high percentages in some places is bordering on thuggish and rogue behaviour in the disguise of responsible citizens. They stand miles apart in thier level of fraud and culpability in relation to mainstream communities around them. For them dignity and respect is dirty money and false pride. Every one of us needs to speak and act against this. These people are an insult to our worldly mothers and fathers and to our spiritual mother and father. The continued institutionalized racism of the west is not lost on me for a moment. However, the biggest insults to Sikhi come from those that claim Sikhi.

100% correct GPS. Due to the desperation and I should say the disgusting act of marrying ones sister to gain entry into Canada, the Canadian immigation authorites began requesting DNA samples from couples to root out incestuous marriages. Well done Sikhs of Malwa. That is your legacy.

Nevermind respect for immigration rules of a foreign land, these so-called Sikhs don't have respect for themselves.