Gurmukhi Font On This Forum

nanosecond

As I am typing, I see there's a Font option. It has Arial,Times,Courier,....... Can't we have a Punjabi Font here?

I think the prom is that as we would type, the text won't appear in Punjabi but it will once we preview or post it?

May be I am wrong

But what do u think SikhSangat? Posting topics on this Forum in our own language. :D Won't that be great. Just thought. May be Vicky veere can tell us more?

ehmm Nice idea but it doesn't work that way.

A webpage can be built using any font but when people view it, they have to have the same font on their system ( C:\windows\fonts ) dir. So just having the option and having the font installed on the server wouldn't do the job tongue.gif

Every user would have to download it inorder to view the posts in punjabi language :T:

Yeah I know one needs to have the font installed in the Fonts Directory. I think most of us do have it installed as we use SIKHITOTHEMAX site too. I think it's no big deal to install a font if one wanna use his mother tongue. And yeah, we can standardise one Gurmukhi font on all sites. I think Sikhitothemax now uses Gurbani WebThick Font. We can standardise that :i:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

^_^

great idea Nano Veerji.......

i think i posted some quotes from Gurbani in Gurmukhi in another topic...and IT WORKED!

but i rite as Amar Veerjee says...that webusers should have the font we are using.....

But Bhaji, if you have heard of Embedded Fonts [like srigranth.org is using that.....] that means that webusers do not need to have any fonts installed on their PC....but they can still view them online.....

read about 'Font Embedding' here:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/em...ing/default.htm

like some years back, when i was working on PHP/MySql.....i was making forums...and stuff like that....

i thought of making a Gurmukhi based forum....

maybe it can be on SikhSangat.Com

i will love it!

Amardeep bhaji, you know much about webdesign and so on.....why do not you work this?

their could be a section like 'Punjabi Discussion' where all can you can disc. with having any fonts installed on our PC.....i know ppl make similar stuff with URDU and HEBREW! why not Gurmukhi?

:T:

So Vicky Veerji, when can we expect to post in Punjabi on this Forum? And I would suggest to use Gurbani WebThick Font. I used it on my site and it works perfectly. SikhiToTheMax uses it too? For a long time I thought why aren't many of our sites are not written in Punjabi? The problem is different sites use different punjabi fonts. It's time now to standardise one Gurmukhi Font across all sites. May be waheguroo sevadaars can take steps in this regard.

And this will help promote our language too? Won't it?

Actually, Punjabi forum can be easily done in ASP.NET since the new version of ASP from microsoft suports multi languages.

What that means the programming enviornment lets u create then same thing for multiple languages . Right now i am learning Asp.net so thora wait karo, We will get that punjabi forum up.

Also i have seen lots of IT guys and girls on the forum. I think its time we formed a computing society and did some Sikhi related projects. SOFTWARE / Presentations / Websites / Forums.

BTW Sikhitothemax is written using ASP.net

thumbsup.gif