The Khalsa - A Message Directed At The Elders

Guest Kaur

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Kaur

Life is about choices.

Everybody gets 24 hours a day, how you choose to spend them is your decision.

What i have learned is that a person can excel or specialize in one or two fields not all.

“For Everything You Gain, You Lose Something Else.”

So prioritize your life, you can't have it all !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _Kaur_

Response to message from 'Guest'... I am not a child I am fully aware of how many hours there are in the day. I find your response to my post insensitive. I am not sure what you think I am asking for... but i certainly don't think its unachievable. It seems to me some people see things very differently to me... if you want a good job it must be for the money or some sort of self centred reason which as I have said repeatedly is not the case... I left my job to pursue this career, I have not had a wage since last summer... this is not about "me"...

Mods I think it's time to close this thread please. I really don't appreciate the negativity.

Thanks.

As I said before this career is not about money or status... we all have our own values and beliefs as individuals... we all have to earn a living and we all make a contribution to society whether it's a positive or negative... whereever we are, whatever occupation we have... god takes the form of a doctor, lawyer, teacher, policeman, nurse, waste collector... all serve a purpose, so I don't believe in quitting... I see this as a challenge maharaj has presented me with... which is why I am turning to elder gursikhs who have been through this battle to suggest how to get through this test

Bhenji, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The one thing you can do is never give, no matter how many times you fall, always try your very best to pick yourself back up. Losing is not falling, the ultimate loss is when you give up.

I am 30 years old, I am a supervisor for a social housing repairs comany and I manage about 30 contractors on a daily basis of about 70 jobs at different properties. Up until I was 27 years old, I was a mona, ate maas, drank heavily and did drugs. I had nothing going for my life. Please see my 'about me' page on my profile to know the full works. I have to get up early as 5am and it helps that I have an mp3 player, I downloaded my nitnem and I ensure I listen to it everyday. I miss out some days which is just not good enough but I never give up. I do long hours, anything from 9 - 12 hours a day, 5/6 days a week and I am married with 2 beautiful daughters. If an ex druggie like me can do it, so can you, never give up bhenji. I have listed my youtube page on my profile with some videos I downloaded which all help in my love of Waheguru, please do watch them when you have a moment.

Keep begging Waheguru for the strength, the compassion and everything will fall into place bit by bit.

I took Amrit last year and I have never looked back and I always say thank you to Waheguru for everything I have been blessed with.

Drink plenty of water, I do about 3-4 ltrs a day.

I hope it helps somewhat.

Take care

Ranjeet Singh

Response to message from 'Guest'... I am not a child I am fully aware of how many hours there are in the day. I find your response to my post insensitive. I am not sure what you think I am asking for... but i certainly don't think its unachievable. It seems to me some people see things very differently to me... if you want a good job it must be for the money or some sort of self centred reason which as I have said repeatedly is not the case... I left my job to pursue this career, I have not had a wage since last summer... this is not about "me"...

Mods I think it's time to close this thread please. I really don't appreciate the negativity.

Thanks.

Didnt think that the little negativity that you recived would have put you off so much.

Guest _Kaur_

Bhenji, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The one thing you can do is never give, no matter how many times you fall, always try your very best to pick yourself back up. Losing is not falling, the ultimate loss is when you give up.

I am 30 years old, I am a supervisor for a social housing repairs comany and I manage about 30 contractors on a daily basis of about 70 jobs at different properties. Up until I was 27 years old, I was a mona, ate maas, drank heavily and did drugs. I had nothing going for my life. Please see my 'about me' page on my profile to know the full works. I have to get up early as 5am and it helps that I have an mp3 player, I downloaded my nitnem and I ensure I listen to it everyday. I miss out some days which is just not good enough but I never give up. I do long hours, anything from 9 - 12 hours a day, 5/6 days a week and I am married with 2 beautiful daughters. If an ex druggie like me can do it, so can you, never give up bhenji. I have listed my youtube page on my profile with some videos I downloaded which all help in my love of Waheguru, please do watch them when you have a moment.

Keep begging Waheguru for the strength, the compassion and everything will fall into place bit by bit.

I took Amrit last year and I have never looked back and I always say thank you to Waheguru for everything I have been blessed with.

Drink plenty of water, I do about 3-4 ltrs a day.

I hope it helps somewhat.

Take care

Ranjeet Singh

Thanks for sharing your story bhajee.

Thanks for sharing your story bhajee.

Anytime. If you live near barking Gurudwara and fancy meeting up. Let me know and I will be more than happy to introduce you to my wife and kids. I mean if your fellow Sikh brothers and sisters can't help you then who will. It's a duty being a Sikh to help when someone requests it. Take care

Guest _Kaur_

Anytime. If you live near barking Gurudwara and fancy meeting up. Let me know and I will be more than happy to introduce you to my wife and kids. I mean if your fellow Sikh brothers and sisters can't help you then who will. It's a duty being a Sikh to help when someone requests it. Take care

I don't live near Barking but thanks for the invitation. I agree with your line of thinking but I don't think there are many people like you, either that or I have never come across them. I mean I think I could name one Singh who I have asked to help someone else and he actually did help them.