Sad To Note

Ek0sikh

I agree that MOST of the chardi kala singhs are living abroad and agree that they have great "junoon" and intellect.

But it is SAD(not shromani akali dal badal) to note that for the MOST of them their PUNJABI speaking skills are EXTREMELY POOR.

I was watching a programme live from Darbar Sahib with Gyani Vedanti and the Singh asking questions to Gyani ji was speaking utterly poorly. It is a shame that some of the British born sikhs can't speak punjabi fluently and they talk a lot about Khalistan.

French, German, Russian and so many others take pride in their language. that doesn't mean they don't know English. I think this shows that we are still "gulam" somewhere.

I am not asking to stop speaking English altogether.

Do's

speak english at work or with colleagues.

speak english with englishman/women.

speak english when you are representing matters to the MPs or the parliament.

Don'ts

speaking english when sitting with Punjabis

speaking english when on SIKH channel

speaking english when you are actually discussing sikh issues with your OWN people.

Often the argument against is- that they want to reach to the youngsters who can't read/understand or write punjabi. if you carry on reaching out to them in english they won't learn punjabi. If they can't even learn and speak punjabi then that is a SHAME.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I agree that MOST of the chardi kala singhs are living abroad and agree that they have great "junoon" and intellect.

But it is SAD(not shromani akali dal badal) to note that for the MOST of them their PUNJABI speaking skills are EXTREMELY POOR.

I was watching a programme live from Darbar Sahib with Gyani Vedanti and the Singh asking questions to Gyani ji was speaking utterly poorly. It is a shame that some of the British born sikhs can't speak punjabi fluently and they talk a lot about Khalistan.

French, German, Russian and so many others take pride in their language. that doesn't mean they don't know English. I think this shows that we are still "gulam" somewhere.

I am not asking to stop speaking English altogether.

Do's

speak english at work or with colleagues.

speak english with englishman/women.

speak english when you are representing matters to the MPs or the parliament.

Don'ts

speaking english when sitting with Punjabis

speaking english when on SIKH channel

speaking english when you are actually discussing sikh issues with your OWN people.

Often the argument against is- that they want to reach to the youngsters who can't read/understand or write punjabi. if you carry on reaching out to them in english they won't learn punjabi. If they can't even learn and speak punjabi then that is a SHAME.

I know we have dropped away many of our sikh ideals !

when did we develop a concept of "apney" and others ?

u never heard "naa ko apna , nahi begana , sagal sang hamko ban aai " ?

Khalsa Ji

I remember once when a prominent preacher was asked when will the Khalsa Raj come about since all Sikhs recite the Dohra daily after the Ardas.

"When we become Khalsa as per the definition of SGGS Ji Maharajh" replied the preacher. The person looked somewhat perplexed since a lot of people consider themselves to be Khalsa already.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਨ ਭਏ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਜਿਹ ਜਾਨੀ ॥੪॥੩॥

कहु कबीर जन भए खालसे प्रेम भगति जिह जानी ॥४॥३॥

Kaho Kabīr jan bẖa▫e kẖālse parem bẖagaṯ jih jānī. ||4||3||

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa - who know the Lord's loving devotional worship. ||4||3||

ਕਬੀਰ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਹਮ ਬੁਰੇ ਹਮ ਤਜਿ ਭਲੋ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥ कबीर सभ ते हम बुरे हम तजि भलो सभु कोइ ॥ Kabīr sabẖ ṯe ham bure ham ṯaj bẖalo sabẖ ko▫e. Kabeer, I am the worst of all. Everyone else is good.

ਜਿਨਿ ਐਸਾ ਕਰਿ ਬੂਝਿਆ ਮੀਤੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੭॥ जिनि ऐसा करि बूझिआ मीतु हमारा सोइ ॥७॥ Jin aisā kar būjẖi▫ā mīṯ hamārā so▫e. ||7|| Whoever understands this is a friend of mine. ||7||

Khalsa Ji it is extremely SAD when we demand Khalistan without first attempting to become Khalsa.