Dnt Know Wt 2 Do

Guest LIFE

WJKK WJKF

i am a yung girl who is realy confused rite nw... i will soon be leaivng colij n i feel like i have nothink goin on in my life.... i feel like my chances are so limited becuase i deal with depression, anxiety and paranioa... i cannot talk to my family about these problems becuase i do not feel comfortable... i do keep waheguru in my mind but i still feel low all the time... i really need help becuase i feel like my life is not goin anywhere.. please help

WJKK WJKF

Fateh Ji,

It sounds like you have been through a lot. You say you are leaving college yet feel you have nothing going for you? From that sentence alone I beg to differ. The fact that you have completed college is something to applauded. Similarly I bet there are many things in your life that you've achieved but not given yourself credit for.

Many people find it difficult to talk to family about issues they are experiencing, so again don't think you are alone in this. It seems like you want to talk to others, so I wonder if you have considered talking to your GP to refer you to a counsellor or psychologist? Alternatively there is the KaurNect project (confidential teephone/email service run by Sikh women) whom you may wish to contact.

You are not alone and it will get better.

Do you have good sangat/friends into sikhi who are compassionate/inspiring and you can keep company of? If not, I can send you my sister's email address as she is young too, and really religious, compassionate and helpful. Good Sangat really does help, as it takes your mind away from negativity and it makes it more strong-minded and content.

I could tell you to do Naam and Bani - to keep a strict Amritvela abhiyaas of Naam (vaheguur)/Bani (japji sahib) and to do the same in the evening but in the beginning stages for most people good sangat helps us move forward fast, instead of being alone on this journey and moving in minor ineffective steps especially if one is depressed.

Fateh Ji,

It sounds like you have been through a lot. You say you are leaving college yet feel you have nothing going for you? From that sentence alone I beg to differ. The fact that you have completed college is something to applauded. Similarly I bet there are many things in your life that you've achieved but not given yourself credit for.

Many people find it difficult to talk to family about issues they are experiencing, so again don't think you are alone in this. It seems like you want to talk to others, so I wonder if you have considered talking to your GP to refer you to a counsellor or psychologist? Alternatively there is the KaurNect project (confidential teephone/email service run by Sikh women) whom you may wish to contact.

You are not alone and it will get better.

thank you very much for giving me advice.... i have seena counseller once bt i gained nothing 4rm it, it is jus a matta of goin again n i dnt hve the courage 2 do so.... however thanku for mention kaurnect project as i will view that site

thankyou bhainjee

Guest searchingforthelight

Waheguru Ji, I understand your situation. I think Naam is very important at a time of dispair as the previous poster has said. Naam is likely to give you a sense of direction and also Ardas. A lot of Gursikh's have said that doing Ardas for good Sangat is useful. If you do not feel strong enough there will always be a brother or sister in the panth ready to listen and guide you in specific areas of need. Again, as the Kaal said GP's and other professionals that will be willing to give support and guidance.

With the college dillema, I suggest (if you want to go to uni) study something you not only enjoy but that you wish to persue a career in too.

Hope this has been of some help to you.. Take Care..