Parkash Badal Sitting On Chair Infront Of Sggs Again

osingh

Please visit todays edition of Ajit newspaper (19th April) - http://newspaper.ajitjalandhar.com/

As you can see on the front page top right hand corner Parkash Singh Badal is sitting on a chair infront of dhan sri Guru Granth Sahib ji while the Akal Takht Jathedar is doing the paath.

This is the second time Badal has done this http://panthic.org/articles/5003

5003_BadalAkhandPaath_RamaNand.jpg

For me, one has to be genuinely disabled in order to sit on a chair infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. What is most distressing is that Akal Takht Jathedar has no problem with this.

At this current time we need a Jathedar that will lead the Sikh Panth. We do not need a supporter of Parkash Singh Badal as our leader in my opinion.

I can never imagine Sant Jarnail Singh ji allowing someone to sit on a chair in the presence of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. The maryada in the Sikh Panth is getting weaker and weaker.

At this current time Akal Takht Jathedar should be asking Badal about why inocent Sikh's are rotting in jail, why the Punjab police behave like thugs, why he has appointed Sumedh Saini to DGP etc. Akal Takht Jathedar should not talk again to Badal until at least shaheed bhai Jaspal Singh ji's killers are brought to justice.

I do not know why our Sikh leaders are silent infront of Badal.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

He always does it, as sad as that sounds. Someone needs to break his legs so he has an actual reason to sit on a chair in the presence of SGGS Ji.

I wonder if he believes that by being CM he doesn't have to sit on the floor?

:blink2: Thats pretty harsh kaljugi , considering its coming from you !!

how do you know that he doesn't have a back problem ?? he's a very old age person remember !

Had this not been parkash badal , it would have been not taken seriously ... but people here just seem to have a hard side for parkash . no wonder they find reasons to pick on him :biggrin2:

The SRM (Sikh Rehit Maryada) http://sgpc.net/reha...e_chap_four.htm states:

THE CODE OF SIKH CONDUCT AND CONVENTIONS

Section Three

CHAPTER IV

Joining the congregation for understanding of and reflecting on Gurbani

Article V

n. Sitting on a cushion, a distinctive seat, a chair, a stool, a cot, etc. or in any distinctive position in the presence of the Guru Granth Sahib or within the congregation is contrary to Gurmat(Guru's way).

I am sure there are countless Gursikhs that have genuine pain in their legs and other disabilities but do not make a fuss and happily sit in darbar sahib for extended periods of time. There are many bazurgs (old people) that can sit in front of Guru Granth Sahib for hours on end.

I guess it comes down to our personal connection with Guru Sahib. If we are listen to Gurbani Paath and Kirtan with focus and pyaar (love) we will not feel pains or aches in our bodies.

:blink2: Thats pretty harsh kaljugi , considering its coming from you !!

how do you know that he doesn't have a back problem ?? he's a very old age person remember !

Had this not been parkash badal , it would have been not taken seriously ... but people here just seem to have a hard side for parkash . no wonder they find reasons to pick on him :biggrin2:

Well, he clearly has no regard for Sikhi and Sikhs. He looks like a harmless old man but he's a devil.

"Had this not been parkash badal , it would have been not taken seriously" - It's because he IS Parkash Badal is why this appears to be even more disrespectful.

Okay, so I've heard people say he's not the CM of just Sikhs as there's also other races and faiths in Panjab which is entirely true. But on an entirely personal level, is he a Sikh or not? If so then he should know - and should want to - sit on the floor in the presence of SGGS Ji. If we still believe in the antiquated notion that our elders in prominent and visual positions must set an example to the rest of us then he's doing a poor job of that as well.

BTW, I'm not suggesting disabled Sikhs or those with other health issues which preclude them from sitting cross-legged should be lumped in with the likes of PB. Not at all.

Well, he clearly has no regard for Sikhi and Sikhs. He looks like a harmless old man but he's a devil.

"Had this not been parkash badal , it would have been not taken seriously" - It's because he IS Parkash Badal is why this appears to be even more disrespectful.

Okay, so I've heard people say he's not the CM of just Sikhs as there's also other races and faiths in Panjab which is entirely true. But on an entirely personal level, is he a Sikh or not? If so then he should know - and should want to - sit on the floor in the presence of SGGS Ji. If we still believe in the antiquated notion that our elders in prominent and visual positions must set an example to the rest of us then he's doing a poor job of that as well.

BTW, I'm not suggesting disabled Sikhs or those with other health issues which preclude them from sitting cross-legged should be lumped in with the likes of PB. Not at all.

Then maybe get a Doctors diagnosis of his Health problems then make a statement like, "break his legs" and if he's not in as bad health, according to you, for someone to sit on the floor.

This is just a personal issue, Its cause its Badal, its Wrong... Equality right..