Manpreet Singh In Daily Mail Article Today

dholki

i agree with the comments...when did Gatka become a sport for the amusement of people...so that they can see a tamasha? That's what circuses are for!

I have no respect whatsover for these new brand of gatka teams that go on shows for abit of glory at the expense of the panth!!!!

Bhesty is the only word that come to my mind!

Yeah it does seem more circus type stuff. Gatka should be for training, self defence and fitness not amusement and tamasha. Seeing two trained men in compitition is worth seeing. But smashing light bulbs and riding moter cycles over ones head is not exactly my idea of martial arts. This is not something respectful for a khalsa to do.

This type of Gatka is known As "jahir gatka" for the entertainment and pleasing of crowds..I agree it's ridiculous more akin to a circus act. The point is historically Gatka is mentioned in any traditional historical sources because it never existed it's not a traditional martial art..it;s not even an indigenios Indian art....it came from somewhere around Turkey and was known as "khat" which slowly became "khatka" then lather "Gatka"..it;s a performance art not a combat art form...