Dastaar On Motorbike U.k.

VJKKVJKF

My dad is going for his motorbike practical, and he ties a Dumalla, so he doesn't want to wear a helmet,

he wants to stay on the safe side; so no problems arise in the test.

Can someone please give me document/file I can print stating what the UK law is about dastaars on motorbikes,

so he can show it to his observer etc.

Thanks in advance.

VJKKVJKF

Guest RavindaSingh

I personally think in terms of safety your dad should wear a helmet on a motorbike cos I was on the back of my mates with a dastaar tied and it didn't seem safe at all especially when goin round corners if it was to swing out or something then a dastaaar wouldn't protect you from a practical point of view

As an Amritdhari your father has a choice on whether he wears a helmet or not.

Millions of people around the world, who are not Amritdhari, ride a Motor bike without a helmet.

Some Sikhs wear a helmet, others, like you Veer Ji, can only wear a Dastaar and not replace it or cover it - RESPECT !!!

Guest RavindaSingh

With all due respect I'm not saying that you should replace your dastaar with a helmet however it would be better protection in case of accident which seems more logical if there was an accident

With all due respect I'm not saying that you should replace your dastaar with a helmet however it would be better protection in case of accident which seems more logical if there was an accident

These are the kind of 'logical' ppl who laugh at stories or WW1 Sikhs picking bullets out of their turbans as not being 'protected'...

.. No one and nothing will protect you from dharam raj if it's ur time my friend. In the interim don't compromise Kalgidhar jis dastar. Sardaris weren't cheap. They came after giving heads. Don't let fear take them after Amrit.

Akaaaaal!