Learning Taus, Can I Learn On My Own?

Singh559

The taus costs about Rs 30,000 , do the conversion for dollars, and they will charge about 8000 rupees to send it to you. Its still a good price as the instruments are very good.

If you need help on getting one to the US, then email David : David@chandrakantha.com and he can assist you in getting one. He is a great guy who is always willing to help, and he is quite an expert on indian classical music and instruments. He uis based in the US.

There are quite a few books to learn from, when i went to india, i bought a 4 book set on Gurmat Raags,` called " Gurmat Sangeet Sagar" which is really good, but even in them there is stuff that you really need the guidance of a teacher to learn.

Anyway I want to thank you for even thinking about bringing kirtan in Sikhi back to it s original pristine beautiful form.

Is that the indian rupee price for buying online? If I had a relative to go and find the instrument, would the price be around the same? I would imagine the price would be cheaper for people who actually live in Punjab/India and then they could get it shipped to me? I could get a relative to buy it from the shop if it were significantly cheaper.

The nagi website was asking 30,000 (650 dollars) for the same dhol I bought for 1/4th the price because I it bought when I went to Punjab directly from the main shop in Patiala.

Thanks for the book names, I found .pdfs online. I wish they were in English or were translations available. I can read Punjabi but

This person bought from jasmusics (used fedex) and his dilruba got damaged. Not sure if this is a common occurrence. Thanks for the help bro. We all need to take the roll to keep it alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI-pMMPXuBA&

• 4 weeks later...