Benti To Sardar Mokham Singh Jee

Khalsa jee, if I am not wrong, you were a young man in 1984 when Ghallughara Bluestar happened. Please share your experiences with us who were either too young or were not even born back then. Where were you, how did the general Sikh masses feel and react, what was the situation like in your area, etc etc. whatever you feel like sharing.

dhannvaad jeeo

Mehtab Singh Paji ... "shama kijiye" sanu websites de quote function baaray zyaadah ni samanj :-)

... but that aside I wanted you to know that the majority of Sangat recognise that out of two people who live an equally truthful Amritdhari jeevan ... but with one born in a Sikh family ... and the other was born in a non-Sikh family ... that the one who has chosen the Amritdhari jeevan despite coming from a different background has made the far greater strides and personal effort ... and hence gets more respect from me at least. Along these lines I wanted to ask you, how best do you feel

... we can reach our Hindu Punjabi brothers? (are they primarily Khatri, Arora, Bania and Brahmin in the cities and can you tell me the respective population strengths of each if you perhaps know and do you think Punjabi useage is almost dead amongst the younger Hindu Punjabi generations in the cities of Punjab nowadays?)

... we can reach Hindu's outside of Punjab more generally? (given where four of the Punj Pyaaray came from)

... though Brahminwaad (as a word I believe was first coined by Mahatma Budh) had a function in terms of avoiding blaming the "entire" Hindu community in the 20th Century when the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty was in its pomp ... now that its the 21st century and this word perhaps stops many decent people of the background of Bhai Mati Das Ji and Bhai Sati Das Ji becoming members of the Panth ... what word would you replace it with?

... any insight on the whole general subject or anything related would be appreciated (because I really feel as modernity spreads in India surely youngsters will look away from Ganesh+Hanuman etc as a solution for their problems. In the UK many Hindu friends are de facto atheists as they cannot relate to the myths ... they have much natural gravity towards Sikhism as a philosophy ... but we often succeed in putting them off Sikhi by somehow thinking that folks should enter the faith as Amritdhari rather than sehajdhari as HP's have grown up.

PS: Mokham Singh Paji ... if that's you big respect!!! :-)