Guru in a Sikh

ms514

This is story from the time of Guru Hargobind Ji. One Sikh had saved up some honey which he wanted Guru Ji to taste first. So he decides to go to Guru Ji and takes honey with him. On his way, he meets this one person who is very poor. Clothes all ripped looks like a mess. He asks, “where are you going?” Sikh says, “I am going to Guru Hargobind Ji.” “And what do you have in that bowl?” asks the man. “Some honey” replies Sikh.

The poor man was very hungry and asks the Sikh to give him some but Sikh refuses and says “I want Guru Ji to eat it first. No one touches it before Guru Ji” and walks on. He reaches Guru Darbar and offers his honey. When he opens the bowl, it is full of germs and it is very smelly. Guru Ji says “You brought that smelly, filthy honey for us?” Sikh says, “No, Maharaaj Ji, it was not filthy when I left my house.” Guru Ji says, “I don’t want it now. When I asked for it you refused to give it to me.”

Sikh is just astonished by hearing this. He says, “Guru Ji you never asked me for it. I would’ve remembered.” Guru Ji says, “Yes I did. That poor man is Guru Da Sikh. He was hungry and you refused to feed him. I live in my Gursikhs. If you want to please me then please my Gursikhs. Offer them food and it will get to me. Go give him the honey.”

Sikh goes back to the poor man and opens his bowl and honey is all fresh. No germs and no smell. He eats the honey and thanks Guru Ji. So better to feed the poor than donating money to Guru ghar because “Gareeb Da Mooh, Guru Ki Golak”.

“Har Harjan Doyee Aek Hain, Bib Bichaar Kish Nahain”

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akal:

Gurbani's view on Sikh and Guru:

gurasikhaa a(n)dhar sathigur varathai chun kadtae ladhhovaarae ||

The True Guru prevails among His GurSikhs; they pick out and expel the wanderers.

(Guru Raam Daas Ji, Raag Gauree, 312).

gurasikhaa(n) a(n)dhar sathiguroo varathai jo sikhaa(n) no lochai so gur khusee aavai ||

Deep within the hearts of His GurSikhs, the True Guru is pervading. The Guru is pleased with those who long for His Sikhs.

(Guru Raam Daas Ji, Raag Gauree, 317).

guroo sikh sikh guroo hai eaeko gur oupadhaes chalaaeae ||

The Guru's Sikh, and the Sikh's Guru, are one and the same; both spread the Guru's Teachings.

(Guru Raam Daas Ji, Raag Aasaa, 444).

so guroo so sikh hai bhaaee jis jothee joth milaae ||1||

He alone is the Guru, and he alone is a Sikh, O Siblings of Destiny, whose light merges in the Light. ||1||

(Guru Amar Daas Ji, Raag Sorath, 602).

^_^^_^^_^