1984 Army Attack On Sri Muktsar Sahib Gurdwara

Actually there may even be more than 42 gurdware that were entered into . But about 35 to 37 have been confirmed to have been attacked. Army did enter many more gurdware in smaller towns, but as there were not many sangat in those gurdware, so not much may have been reported or reported as attack.

I think some organisation should take up this challenge to go to towns and villages and make a list.

But it should be be understood that such an effort will be resisted by the athourities. Even in the case of collecting information about the people who defended Golden Temple, it has taken almost 25 years to collect about 250 names of who died resisting the army.

• 2 weeks later...

Colonel Bhullar of the Indian Army led the attack on Sri Muktsar Sahib. He was killed by Jathedar Avtar Singh Brahma in January 1987.

I have also tried to find out which Gurdwaras were attacked in June 84 but unfortunately nobody added any more to the list I posted on this forum