Getting Old...

Guest Veteran Gabroo

As above, 25 is nothing. I'm pushing 30. Managed to sort out my career. Still don't have a wife or kids but everything goes at Akal Purkhs pace, not your own.

I recall being 21 and suddenly the family stopped treating me like a child. Suddenly they had to have my opinion on everything, whereas before this they would just ignore what I had to say.

Trying to deal with the different pushes and pulls in your life gets easier as you mature.

By the time I was 22-23, I was more concerned with Death and my own mortality than I was about chasing girls or going out. You have potentially lived a third of your life. If you died now, looking back at your life, what regrets would you have? Don't think materially, think spiritually.

Guest delhi_boy

I have been having the same feeling for the past some time as I am of the same age and have been in a simialr family background .... I think I should have posted my scenario like you did rather than describing it like Indian vs American chick issue ..... You did a great job in describing what a quarter life crisis is ... believe me I feel it .....balancing studies, career, values and a finding a partner for yourself - doing all this together is a tough thing. DalbirSingh has replied with really good ideas from which you and I and everyone else can learn.

Guest Veteran Gabroo

I have been having the same feeling for the past some time as I am of the same age and have been in a simialr family background .... I think I should have posted my scenario like you did rather than describing it like Indian vs American chick issue ..... You did a great job in describing what a quarter life crisis is ... believe me I feel it .....balancing studies, career, values and a finding a partner for yourself - doing all this together is a tough thing. DalbirSingh has replied with really good ideas from which you and I and everyone else can learn.

Your situation is different because you want to cut your hair. I'm a Mona. My whole family has cut hair. Cutting your hair won't solve all your problems, trust me. All of you have given me such great advice. I'm sure I will look back a few years from now and see that I was worried about nothing. Thank you.

Much thanks to all the brothers who replied to my post. It's good to know that I am not alone. I posted a reply earlier but the comment hasn't shown up. The mods are busy perhaps.

Well u know once you get married ur life starts in a whole new way. There is a different excitement and adventure. Dont think that you cant have any fun after you settle down. Its however u make of ur life. U can make it exciting or make it boring its up to u. U can still go out with ur partner and have fun. And no ur not getting old!! I have been through that also. Now im 24 and married, working, going to college, and taking care of the house and sometimes i feel like ive kind of accomplished wht my parents want so im just old and done with everything but then you realize theres so much more left in life yet to explore and discover.