How Many Amritdharis Doing Least 5 Japji Sahib Beside Nitname

Guest _HumKukarTereDarbar_

The bigger question is, understanding the message and vidiya contained within path and baani and applying it to your daily life this is the true value. Paath is not magic you won't gain anything repeating words you don't understand parrot fashion. Analyse baani and apply the teachings then you will see benefit.

I can't fully agree with your statement. Without going into the Sikh philosophy side of things, it has now been proven by medical science that repitition is one of the way humans can break free of their current (bad) habits and activate more (higher conscience) areas of the brain. Of course, if you know the literal meanings of a shabad, then it's simply easier to concentrate on it.

However, it is a completely false statement to say if one does not know the meanings then it's useless to recite bani. There is also science behind how our tounge moves when we speak. As tounge touches various parts of our mouth, it stimulates various areas of the brain. Gurbani also utilizes this knowledge so that an abilakhi can benefit even if they do not understand the meanings of a shabad.

Applying Gurbani's teaching is an extremely daunting task, doing repetition of Gurbani, the application part is automatically realized with Guru Sahib's kirpa.

I can't fully agree with your statement. Without going into the Sikh philosophy side of things, it has now been proven by medical science that repitition is one of the way humans can break free of their current (bad) habits and activate more (higher conscience) areas of the brain. Of course, if you know the literal meanings of a shabad, then it's simply easier to concentrate on it.

However, it is a completely false statement to say if one does not know the meanings then it's useless to recite bani. There is also science behind how our tounge moves when we speak. As tounge touches various parts of our mouth, it stimulates various areas of the brain. Gurbani also utilizes this knowledge so that an abilakhi can benefit even if they do not understand the meanings of a shabad.

Applying Gurbani's teaching is an extremely daunting task, doing repetition of Gurbani, the application part is automatically realized with Guru Sahib's kirpa.

That's told me! Lovely stuff to read.

But can I add that if a person is to cynically avoid learning the meanings of Gurbani due to laziness, then surely that isn't right as well? I totally respect the above point of view as it makes total sense, but if a person thinks "Well as long as I'm repeating Gurbani that's all that's needed" then maybe people can be fooled but the Almighty recognises the intention of the devotee. I would say that when you reach a particular stage after having started reciting Gurbani then your mind and your heart automatically begins to crave the desire to discover what exactly is being said. That's what I think anyway. Sorry for any nonsense.

^ I think a good litmus test would be to see if your behaviour and thoughts are changing for the better as you recite Gurbani. If they are not, then the efforts are not being done as perscribed by Guru Sahib. As with a lot of things, it comes down to one's intention when starting and ends with kirpa :)

Kaljugi bhaji, my comment was certainly not directed toward you. In fact, I hadn't even read your post before replying. The post I quoted sounded like missionary ideology which I am strongly against so I thought of replying to clarify. My apologies if I offended anyone.

^ I think a good litmus test would be to see if your behaviour and thoughts are changing for the better as you recite Gurbani. If they are not, then the efforts are not being done as perscribed by Guru Sahib. As with a lot of things, it comes down to one's intention when starting and ends with kirpa :)

Spot on.

Kaljugi bhaji, my comment was certainly not directed toward you. In fact, I hadn't even read your post before replying. The post I quoted sounded like missionary ideology which I am strongly against so I thought of replying to clarify. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Do missionaries say this? Oops I never knew that! Well, I definitely don't agree with their point of view.

Guest pratannanak

why are you asking someones nitnem.. instead ask your own being are you doing enough? somebodys 5 japji sahibs may be the same as your one jap ji,,,,,, your five japji's may the same as someones five jap jis...

sorry, your five jap jis maybe the same as someones 1 japji.. so basic this things come on guys

the things you asking other people instead ask your own jiv atma

• 2 weeks later...