Tea and Coffee

ghatak

Drinking tea is manmat; if you are serious about gurmat naam abiaas it should be avoided. I used to have tea but it affects your avasta.

Daas

Consciousness

It's not "manmat", it's just not healthy for you. One of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's hukams is to not consume intoxicants and to keep your body physically fit.

If thats what bhai randheer singh thought, so be it..!! With all due respect to bhai sahib ji- perception of bhramgyani - bhramgyani considers both poison and non poison as amrit as sukhmani sahib 8th asthpadi says...thats how baba nand singh ji perceived it as presented tea to guru sahib for parsad every day!!

Student of bhramgyani with that kinda of perception (seeing everything ek ras as amrit), naturally would rise above from rubbish talk of drinking tea - be for it or against it...!!

I was not agreeing or disagreeing. I just stated a point.

Stop talking so much about Bramghianis. Relax with this obsession.

Not trying to be rude. But every thread you talk about Bramghianis. Clearly here you are saying Bhai Randheer Singh is not one. That is disrepectful.

And then say Baba Nand Singh was bramghiani as if you are bramghinai yourself. you could be though. not saying your not. But if you are not self realised, then relax with your views on bramghianis. I too was the same, then I realised that everything is Bramghiaan.

If thats what bhai randheer singh thought, so be it..!! With all due respect to bhai sahib ji- perception of bhramgyani - bhramgyani considers both poison and non poison as amrit as sukhmani sahib 8th asthpadi says...thats how baba nand singh ji perceived it as presented tea to guru sahib for parsad every day!!

Student of bhramgyani with that kinda of perception (seeing everything ek ras as amrit), naturally would rise above from rubbish talk of drinking tea - be for it or against it...!!

Gurmuko you can't use the 8 astpadi for drinking tea LOL Guru ji's horse didn't go over a field of tobacco! You should ask yourself did guru ji drink poison/tea? Of course Not!

Truly this is Kalyug

Daas

Consciousness

...i know you pulling my kachera but i aint falling for it... :biggrin2: hehehe. :nono:

Veerji, you are you sure you are wearing a kachera not speedos? you know i de-constructed what you said rightfully, accept the facts, 'dude'!

Gurmuko you can't use the 8 astpadi for drinking tea LOL Guru ji's horse didn't go over a field of tobacco! You should ask yourself did guru ji drink poison/tea? Of course Not!

valid point above. amazing point infact. vah vah guroo gobind singh jee

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
    • There was a young Singh from abroad who went to Anandpur Sahib Hola and got into a fight with some Punjabis who were playing loud non-religious music. He had bana and a weapon or two. There were more of them than him.  He ended up losing his life. Don't be like that. Not worth it to fight manmukhs. @californiasardar1 ਮੂਰਖੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਲੁਝੀਐ ॥੧੯॥ Argue not with a fool. p473

Important Information

Terms of Use