Some thoughts on Breaking Hearts...

Consciousness

Agree with the above point. I do keep bibek. But I have found when I am going to upset someone, it is better to not be so stubborn and this has inspired people to follow the sikhi path

Hukam is to follow rehat and not to bring people to Sikhi. If we get stuck in this, then we are stuck in heaven and hell way of life. Do good (bring people into Sikhi) and i recieve award.....do bad and i get punished. When others say a person who follows rehat is stubborn, then they are not calling you stubborn, but the rehat is stubborn. They are coming from their own perspective of life and judging you on it.

Many times people guilt other Sikhs into breaking their rehat by saying do you never do anything bad...........and obviously the Singh thinks.......i didn't do fill in the blank and feels guilty. Then the person would say.....see you did it and why can't you just make another person happy and just do it once.............and then the Singh breaks down and breaks his rehat. Common scenario that Sikhs face in the work world.

But an answer that Sikhs should give to such people is that...........i'm not perfect and i am not saying I am, neither am i judging you, Satguru has done kirpa on me to follow this rehat so I follow it. In the future when Satguru does kirpa on me again to follow more rehat then i will have less shortcomings.

Your blessed to follow rehat of Bibek...........don't overlook this for an award.

Hukam is to follow rehat and not to bring people to Sikhi. If we get stuck in this, then we are stuck in heaven and hell way of life. Do good (bring people into Sikhi) and i recieve award.....do bad and i get punished. When others say a person who follows rehat is stubborn, then they are not calling you stubborn, but the rehat is stubborn. They are coming from their own perspective of life and judging you on it.

Many times people guilt other Sikhs into breaking their rehat by saying do you never do anything bad...........and obviously the Singh thinks.......i didn't do fill in the blank and feels guilty. Then the person would say.....see you did it and why can't you just make another person happy and just do it once.............and then the Singh breaks down and breaks his rehat. Common scenario that Sikhs face in the work world.

But an answer that Sikhs should give to such people is that...........i'm not perfect and i am not saying I am, neither am i judging you, Satguru has done kirpa on me to follow this rehat so I follow it. In the future when Satguru does kirpa on me again to follow more rehat then i will have less shortcomings.

Your blessed to follow rehat of Bibek...........don't overlook this for an award.

Sorry, I just hold my own views on this veerji. Would you use this same answer on your mom? Maybe it is just that someone said on this thread that there mom cried, it just makes me think, imagine if my children one day stopped eating from their mom to follow something they thought was correct and my wife would be very upset. But I do understand your point veerji, you are correct. i think everyone here is correct. rehit is for you and your relationship with God, so those who keep it or those who dont, there both good.

Satguru maharaj has its own amazing way of testing his sikhs to ensure his sikhs dristhi is sam dristhi. Sarbloh bibek is aligned with Gurmat there is no doubt and Sarbloh Bibek itself is NOT on clash course with sikh having sam dristht, as bibek has many levels true bibek are applied accordingly, but what's on clash course is rather the mindset which have turned beautiful sargun rituals/devotion in sikhism including sarbloh bibek into dogma by one confining themselves/wrapping their head around it. Sarbloh bibek just like other sargun rituals in the panth- shastar namaskar, raag kirtan, arti arta of sri guru granth sahib ji, danduth bandhana to sri guru granth sahib ji, kirtan bhakti, seva, dhof, jot, x number of patts, x of days in chalisa, x number of samagams, x number of rehansbhai, x number of hours of kirtan, x numbers of akhand patt sahib, x number of sehaj patt are landmarks in the marg towards vahiguroo which invokes devotion, bairaag and spike of prem in you but they are not the destination, they are landmarks which are suppose to help you to connect to nirgun saroop of vahiguroo (which is sarabvypak chaitan saroop) which can be only realized by Gurparsad and vision of sam dristhi- one vision if you cannot see god in all, you cannot see god at all, if one feels they are not slowing transcendenting towards nirgun saroop of vahiguroo via naam/gyan- sam dristhi then these sargun rituals are nothing but road blocks which maharaj has truly did khandan during that time - rose perception of all katar muslaman, fanatic pandits around that time from sargun into nirgun shabad gyan.

So at the end, each one of us are different states, avastha and perceptions/perceive vahiguroo ji differently some are more sargun in nature, some are more nirgun/sargun in nature, some perceive gyan saroop of nirgun, some perceive shabad saroop of nirgun, some perceive sargun saroop of nirgun..we all have different perceptions Just because sarbloh bibek helps one person, does not mean it automatically will help next person, same thing just because sarbloh bibek does not help one does not mean it will not help anyone else. That mindset is wrong..all the rituals are meant to help its just depending on different avastha within sikhs some rituals help more than others, thats all. Even sant mahapursh divine experiences (not talking about bhramgyan, bhramgyan is ONE) i am talking about divine experiences in mahapursh life are different some see- sri guru nanak dev nirankar partakh jot (Sargun saroop of nirgun) in dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji, some see sargun shabad saroop in dhan dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji and some see gyan saroop of nirgun- atamsaroop and some see gurbani agami nirgun saroop in dhan dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji.

I will end with sri akaal ustat kabith

ਸਿਜਦੇ ਕਰੇ ਅਨੇਕ ਤੋਪਚੀ ਕਪਟ ਭੇਸ ਪੋਸਤੀ ਅਨੇਕ ਦਾ ਨਿਵਾਵਤ ਹੈ ਸੀਸ ਕੌ ॥
सिजदे करे अनेक तोपची कपट भेस पोसती अनेक दा निवावत है सीस कौ ॥
If the Lord is pleased by prostrating before Him, then the gunner full of deceit bows his head several times while igniting the gun and the addict acts in the same manner in intoxication.

ਕਹਾ ਭਇਓ ਮੱਲ ਜੌ ਪੈ ਕਾਢਤ ਅਨੇਕ ਡੰਡ ਸੋ ਤੌ ਨ ਡੰਡੌਤ ਅਸਟਾਂਗ ਅਥਿਤੀਸ ਕੌ ॥
कहा भइओ म्ल जौ पै काढत अनेक डंड सो तौ न डंडौत असटांग अथितीस कौ ॥
What, then, if the wrestler bends his body several times during his rehearsal of exercises, but that is not the prostration of eight parts of the body.

ਕਹਾ ਭਇਓ ਰੋਗੀ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਡਾਰਿਓ ਰਹਿਓ ਉਰਧ ਮੁਖ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਨ ਮੂੰਡ ਨਿਹੁਰਾਇਓ ਆਦਿ ਈਸ ਕੌ ॥
कहा भइओ रोगी जो पै डारिओ रहिओ उरध मुख मन ते न मूंड निहुराइओ आदि ईस कौ ॥
What, then, if the patient lies down with his face upwards, he has not bowed his head before the Primal Lord with single-mindedness.

ਕਾਮਨਾ ਅਧੀਨ ਸਦਾ ਦਾਮਨਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੀਨ ਏਕ ਭਾਵਨਾ ਬਿਹੀਨ ਕੈਸੇ ਪਾਵੈ ਜਗਦੀਸ ਕੌ ॥੯॥੭੯॥
कामना अधीन सदा दामना प्रबीन एक भावना बिहीन कैसे पावै जगदीस कौ ॥९॥७९॥
But one always subservient to desire and active in telling the beads of the rosary, and also without faith, how can he realize the Lord of the world? 9.79.

ਸੀਸ ਪਟਕਤ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਕਾਨ ਮੈ ਖਜੂਰਾ ਧਸੈ ਮੂੰਡ ਛਟਕਤ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਹੂੰ ਕੇ ਸੌਕ ਸੋਂ
सीस पटकत जा के कान मै खजूरा धसै मूंड छटकत मित्र पुत्र हूं के सौक सों
If the Lord is realized by knocking the head, then that person repeatedly knocks his head, in whose ear the centipede enters and if the Lord meets by beating the head, then one beats his head in grief over the death of friends or sons.

ਆਕ ਕੋ ਚਰਯਾ ਫਲ ਫੂਲ ਕੋ ਭਛਯਾ ਸਦਾ ਬਨ ਕੌ ਭ੍ਰਮਯਾ ਔਰ ਦੂਸਰੋ ਨ ਬੋਕ ਸੋਂ ॥
आक को चरया फल फूल को भछया सदा बन कौ भ्रमया और दूसरो न बोक सों ॥
If the Lord is realized by wandering in the forest, then there is none other like the he-goat, who grazes the akk (Calotropis Procera), eats the flowers and fruit and always wanders in the forest.

ਕਹਾ ਭਯੋ ਭੇਡ ਜਉ ਘਸਤ ਸੀਸ ਬ੍ਰਿਛਨ ਸੋਂ ਮਾਟੀ ਕੇ ਭਛਯਾ ਬੋਲ ਪੂਛ ਲੀਜੈ ਜੋਕ ਸੋਂ ॥
कहा भयो भेड जउ घसत सीस ब्रिछन सों माटी के भछया बोल पूछ लीजै जोक सों ॥
If the Lord meets by rubbing the head with the trees in order to remove drowsiness, then the sheep always rubs its head with the trees and if the Lord meets by eating the earth, then you can ask the leech.

ਕਾਮਨਾ ਅਧੀਨ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਮੈਂ ਪ੍ਰਬੀਨ ਏਕ ਭਾਵਨਾ ਬਿਹੀਨ ਕੈਸੇ ਭੇਟੈ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਸੋਂ ॥੧੦॥੮੦॥
कामना अधीन काम क्रोध मैं प्रबीन एक भावना बिहीन कैसे भेटै परलोक सों ॥१०॥८०॥
How can one meet the Lord in the next world, who is subservient to desire, active in lust and anger and without faith? 10.80.

ਨਾਚਿਓ ਈ ਕਰਤ ਮੋਰ ਦਾਦਰ ਕਰਤ ਸੋਰ ਸਦਾ ਘਨਘੋਰ ਘਨ ਕਰਿਓ ਈ ਕਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
नाचिओ ई करत मोर दादर करत सोर सदा घनघोर घन करिओ ई करत हैं ॥
If the Lord is realised by dancing and shouting, then pecock dances, the frog croaks and the clouds thunder.

ਏਕ ਪਾਇ ਠਾਢੇ ਸਦਾ ਬਨ ਮੈ ਰਹਤ ਬ੍ਰਿਛ ਫੂਕ ਫੂਕ ਪਾਵ ਭੂਮਿ ਸ੍ਰਾਵਗ ਧਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
एक पाइ ठाढे सदा बन मै रहत ब्रिछ फूक फूक पाव भूमि स्रावग धरत हैं ॥
If the Lord meets by standing on one leg, then the tree stands on one foot in the forest, and if the Lord meets on observing non-violence, then the Sravak (aina monk) places his feet very cautiously on the earth.

ਪਾਹਨ ਅਨੇਕ ਜੁਗ ਏਕ ਠਉਰ ਬਾਸੁ ਕਰੈ ਕਾਗ ਅਉਰ ਚੀਲ ਦੇਸ ਦੇਸ ਬਿਚਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
पाहन अनेक जुग एक ठउर बासु करै काग अउर चील देस देस बिचरत हैं ॥
If the Lord is realised by not moving from one place or by wandering, then the stone remains at one place for many ages and the crow and kite continue wandering in several countries.

ਗਿਆਨ ਕੇ ਬਿਹੀਨ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨ ਮੈ ਨ ਹੂਜੈ ਲੀਨ ਭਾਵਨਾ ਬਿਹੀਨ ਦੀਨ ਕੈਸੇ ਕੈ ਤਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥੧॥੮੧॥
गिआन के बिहीन महा दान मै न हूजै लीन भावना बिहीन दीन कैसे कै तरत हैं ॥१॥८१॥
When a person without knowledge cannot merge in the Supreme Lorrd, then how can these devoid of trust and faith ferry across the world-ocean?11.81.

ਜੈਸੇ ਏਕ ਸ੍ਵਾਂਗੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਜੋਗੀਆ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਬਨੈ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਸਨਿਆਸ ਭੇਸ ਬਨ ਕੈ ਦਿਖਾਵਈ ॥
जैसे एक स्वांगी कहूं जोगीआ बैरागी बनै कबहूं सनिआस भेस बन कै दिखावई ॥
Just as an actor sometimes becomes a Yogi, sometimes a Bairagi (recluse) and sometimes shows himself in the guise of a Sannyasi (mendicant).

ਕਹੂੰ ਪਉਨਹਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਬੈਠੇ ਲਾਇ ਤਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਲੋਭ ਕੀ ਖੁਮਾਰੀ ਸੌ ਅਨੇਕ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵਈ ॥
कहूं पउनहारी कहूं बैठे लाइ तारी कहूं लोभ की खुमारी सौ अनेक गुन गावई ॥
Sometimes he becomes a person subsisting on air, sometimes sits observing abstract meditation and sometimes under the intoxication greed, sings praises of many kinds.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਚਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਹਾਥ ਪੈ ਲਗਾਵੈ ਬਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਡੰਡ ਧਾਰੀ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਲੋਗਨ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਵਈ ॥
कहूं ब्रहमचारी कहूं हाथ पै लगावै बारी कहूं डंड धारी हुइ कै लोगन भ्रमावई ॥
Sometimes he becomes a Brahmchari (student observing celibacy), sometimes shows his promptness and sometimes becoming a staff- bearing hermit deludes the people.

ਕਾਮਨਾ ਅਧੀਨ ਪਰਿਓ ਨਾਚਤ ਹੈ ਨਾਚਨ ਸੋਂ ਗਿਆਨ ਕੇ ਬਿਹੀਨ ਕੈਸੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਲੋਕ ਪਾਵਈ ॥੧੨॥੮੨॥
कामना अधीन परिओ नाचत है नाचन सों गिआन के बिहीन कैसे ब्रहम लोक पावई ॥१२॥८२॥
He dances becoming subordinate to passions; how will he be able to attain an entry into Lord`s Abode without knowledge?.12.82.

ਪੰਚ ਬਾਰ ਗੀਦਰ ਪੁਕਾਰੇ ਪਰੇ ਸੀਤਕਾਲ ਕੁੰਚਰ ਅਉ ਗਦਹਾ ਅਨੇਕਦਾ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਹੀਂ ॥
पंच बार गीदर पुकारे परे सीतकाल कुंचर अउ गदहा अनेकदा पुकार हीं ॥
If the jackal howls for five times, then either the winter sets in or there is famine, but nothing happens if the elephant trumpets and <banned word filter activated> brays many times. (Similarly the actions of a knowledgeable person are fruitful and those of an ignorant one are fruitless).

ਕਹਾ ਭਯੋ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਕਲਵਤ੍ਰ ਲੀਓ ਕਾਸੀ ਬੀਚ ਚੀਰਿ ਚੀਰਿ ਚੋਰਟਾ ਕੁਠਾਰਨ ਸੋ ਮਾਰ ਹੀ॥
कहा भयो जो पै कलवत्र लीओ कासी बीच चीरि चीरि चोरटा कुठारन सो मार ही॥
If one observes the ritual of sawing at Kashi, nothing will happen, because a chief is slayed and sawed several times with axes.

ਕਹਾ ਭਇਉ ਫਾਸੀ ਡਾਰਿ ਬੂਡਿਓ ਜੜ ਗੰਗਧਾਰਿ ਡਾਰਿ ਡਾਰਿ ਫਾਸਿ ਠਗ ਮਾਰਿ ਮਾਰਿ ਡਾਰ ਹੀਂ ॥
कहा भइउ फासी डारि बूडिओ जड़ गंगधारि डारि डारि फासि ठग मारि मारि डार हीं ॥
If a fool, with a noose around his neck, is drowned on the current of Ganges, nothing will happen, because several times the dacoits kill the wayfarer by putting the noose around his neck.

ਡੂਬੇ ਨਰਕ ਧਾਰਿ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਗਿਆਨ ਕੇ ਬਿਨਾ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਭਾਵਨਾ ਬਿਹੀਨ ਕੈਸੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਕੋ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਹੀਂ ॥੧੩॥੮੩॥
डूबे नरक धारि मूड़्ह गिआन के बिना बिचार भावना बिहीन कैसे गिआन को बिचार हीं ॥१३॥८३॥
The fools have drowned in the current of hell without deliberations of knowledge, because how can a faithless person comprehend the concepts of knowledge?.13.83.

ਤਾਪ ਕੇ ਸਹੇ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਤਾਪ ਨਾਥ ਤਾਪਨਾ ਅਨੇਕ ਤਨ ਘਾਇਲ ਸਹਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
ताप के सहे ते जो पै पाईऐ अताप नाथ तापना अनेक तन घाइल सहत हैं ॥
If the Blissful Lord is realised by the endurance of sufferings, then a wounded person endures several types of sufferings on his body.

ਜਾਪ ਕੇ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਪਾਯਤ ਅਜਾਪ ਦੇਵ ਪੂਦਨਾ ਸਦੀਵ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਉਚਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
जाप के कीए ते जो पै पायत अजाप देव पूदना सदीव तुहीं तुहीं उचरत हैं ॥
If the unmutterable Lord can be realised by the repetition of His Name, then a small bird called pudana repeats "Tuhi, Tuhi" (Thou art everyting) all the time.

ਨਭ ਕੇ ਉਡੇ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਪੈ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਪਾਈਯਤ ਅਨਲ ਅਕਾਸ ਪੰਛੀ ਡੋਲਬੋ ਕਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥
नभ के उडे ते जो पै नाराइण पाईयत अनल अकास पंछी डोलबो करत हैं ॥
If the Lord can be realised by flying in the sky, then the phonix always flies in the sky.

ਆਗ ਮੈ ਜਰੇ ਤੇ ਗਤਿ ਰਾਂਡ ਕੀ ਪਰਤ ਕਰਿ ਪਤਾਲ ਕੇ ਬਾਸੀ ਕਿਉ ਭੁਜੰਗ ਨ ਤਰਤ ਹੈਂ ॥੧੪॥੮੪॥
आग मै जरे ते गति रांड की परत करि पताल के बासी किउ भुजंग न तरत हैं ॥१४॥८४॥
If the salvation is attained by burning oneself in fire, then the woman burning herself on the funeral pyre of her husband (Sati) should get salvation; and if one achieves liberation by residing in a cave, then why the serpents residing in the nether-world do not attain liberation?.14.84.

==================

ਤ੍ਵਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਕਬਿੱਤ ॥

त्वप्रसादि ॥ कबि्त ॥

BY THY GRACE KABITT

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਸੁਚੇਤ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਚੇਤਨਾ ਕੋ ਚਾਰ ਕੀਓ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਸੋਵਤ ਅਚੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कतहूं सुचेत हुइ कै चेतना को चार कीओ कतहूं अचिंत हुइ कै सोवत अचेत हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere becoming Conscious, Thou adrnest consciousness; somewhere becoming Carefree, thou sleepest unconsciously.

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਭਿਖਾਰੀ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਮਾਂਗਤ ਫਿਰਤ ਭੀਖ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨਿ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਮਾਂਗਿਓ ਧਨ ਦੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कतहूं भिखारी हुइ कै मांगत फिरत भीख कहूं महा दानि हुइ कै मांगिओ धन देत हो ॥

Somewhere becoming a beggar, Thou beggest alms and somewhere becoming a Supreme Donor, Thou bestowest the begged wealth.

ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾਂ ਰਾਜਨ ਕੋ ਦੀਜਤ ਅਨੰਤ ਦਾਨ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾ ਰਾਜਨ ਤੇ ਛੀਨ ਛਿਤ ਲੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं महां राजन को दीजत अनंत दान कहूं महा राजन ते छीन छित लेत हो ॥

Some where Thou givest inexhaustible gifts to emperors and somewhere Thou deprivest the emperors of their kingdoms.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦਿ ਰੀਤਿ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਰਗੁਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੧॥੧੧॥

कहूं बेदि रीति कहूं ता सिउ बिपरीत कहूं त्रिगुन अतीत कहूं सरगुन समेत हो ॥१॥११॥

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it; somewhere Thou art without three modes of maya and somewhere Thou hast all godly attributes.1.11.

ਕਹੂੰ ਜੱਛ ਗੰਧ੍ਰਬ ਉਰਗ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆਧਰ ਕਹੂੰ ਭਏ ਕਿੰਨਰ ਪਿਸਾਚ ਕਹੂੰ ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं ज्छ गंध्रब उरग कहूं बिदिआधर कहूं भए किंनर पिसाच कहूं प्रेत हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art Yaksha, Gandharva, Sheshanaga and Vidyadhar and somewhere Thou becomest Kinnar, Pishacha and Preta.

ਕਹੂੰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਹਿੰਦੂਆ ਗਾਇਤ੍ਰੀ ਕੋ ਗੁਪਤ ਜਪਿਓ ਕਹੂੰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਤੁਰਕਾ ਪੁਕਾਰੇ ਬਾਂਗ ਦੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं हुइ कै हिंदूआ गाइत्री को गुपत जपिओ कहूं हुइ कै तुरका पुकारे बांग देत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou becomest a Hindu and repeatest Gayatri secretly: Somewhere becoming a Turk Thou callest Muslims to worship.

ਕਹੂੰ ਕੋਕ ਕਾਬ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੜਤ ਮਤਿ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਕੋ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਜਾਨ ਲੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं कोक काब हुइ कै पुरान को पड़त मति कतहूं कुरान को निदान जान लेत हो ॥

Somewhere being a poet thou recitest the Pauranic wisdom and somewhere Thou recitest the Pauranic wisdom and somewhere Thou comprehendest the essence of Quran.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁਰਗੁਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੨॥੧੨॥

कहूं बेद रीत कहूं ता सिउ बिपरीत कहूं त्रिगुन अतीत कहूं सुरगुन समेत हो ॥२॥१२॥

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it; somewhere Thou art without threee modes of maya and somewhere Thou hast all godly attributes. 2.12.

ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਵਤਾਨ ਕੇ ਦਿਵਾਨ ਮੈ ਬਿਰਾਜਮਾਨ ਕਹੂੰ ਦਾਨਵਾਨ ਕੋ ਗੁਮਾਨ ਮਤਿ ਦੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं देवतान के दिवान मै बिराजमान कहूं दानवान को गुमान मति देत हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art seated in the Court of gods and somewhere Thou givest the egoistic intellect to demons.

ਕਹੂੰ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਰਾਜਾ ਕੋ ਮਿਲਤ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਪਦਵੀ ਸੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਪਦਵੀ ਛਪਾਇ ਛੀਨ ਲੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं इंद्र राजा को मिलत इंद्र पदवी सी कहूं इंद्र पदवी छपाइ छीन लेत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou Bestowest the position of of the king of gods to Indra and somewhere Thou deprivest Indra of this position.

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਅਬਿਚਾਰ ਕੋ ਬਿਚਾਰਤ ਹੋ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਿਜ ਨਾਰਿ ਪਰਨਾਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਿਕੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कतहूं बिचार अबिचार को बिचारत हो कहूं निज नारि परनारि के निकेत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou discriminatest between good and bad intellect, somewhere Thou art with Thy own spouse and somewhere with another`s wife.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁਰਗੁਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੩॥੧੩॥

कहूं बेद रीत कहूं ता सिउ बिपरीत कहूं त्रिगुन अतीत कहूं सुरगुन समेत हो ॥३॥१३॥

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it; somewhere Thou art without three modes of maya and somewhere Thou hast all godly attributes. 3.13.

ਕਹੂੰ ਸਸਤ੍ਰਧਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਕੇ ਬਿਚਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਾਰਤ ਅਹਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਰ ਕੇ ਨਿਕੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं ससत्रधारी कहूं बिदिआ के बिचारी कहूं मारत अहारी कहूं नार के निकेत हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art an armed warrior, somewhere Thou art an armed warrior, somewhere a learned thinker, somewhere a hunter and somewhere an enjoyer of women.

ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਵਬਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਾਰਦਾ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਮੰਗਲਾ ਮ੍ਰਿੜਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਿਆਮ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं देवबानी कहूं सारदा भवानी कहूं मंगला म्रिड़ानी कहूं सिआम कहूं सेत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art the divine speech, somewhere Sarada and Bhavani, somewhere Durga, the trampler of corpses, somewhere in black colour and somewhere in white colour.

ਕਹੂੰ ਧਰਮ ਪਾਮੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਰਬ ਠਉਰ ਗਾਮੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਜਤੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਕਾਮੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਲੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं धरम पामी कहूं सरब ठउर गामी कहूं जती कहूं कामी कहूं देत कहूं लेत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art abode of Dharma (righteousness), somewhere All-Pervading, somewhere a celibate, somewhere a lustful person, somewhere a donor and somewhere a taker.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਿਪਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਤ੍ਰਿਗੁਨ ਅਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁਰਗੁਨ ਸਮੇਤ ਹੋ ॥੪॥੧੪॥

कहूं बेद रीत कहूं ता सिउ बिपरीत कहूं त्रिगुन अतीत कहूं सुरगुन समेत हो ॥४॥१४॥

Somewhere Thou workest in accordance with Vedic rites, and somewhere Thou art quite opposed to it; somewhere Thou art without three modes of maya and somewhere Thou hast all gldly attributes.4.14.

ਕਹੂੰ ਜਟਾਧਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਕੰਠੀ ਧਰੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਚਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਜੋਗ ਸਾਧੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਾਧਨਾ ਕਰਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं जटाधारी कहूं कंठी धरे ब्रहमचारी कहूं जोग साधी कहूं साधना करत हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art a sage wearing matted hair, somewhere Thu art a rosary-wearing celibate, somewhere Thou art a rosary-wearing celibate, somewhere Thou hast practiced Yoga and somewhere Thou art practicing Yoga.

ਕਹੂੰ ਕਾਨ ਫਾਰੇ ਕਹੂੰ ਡੰਡੀ ਹੁਇ ਪਧਾਰੇ ਕਹੂੰ ਫੂਕ ਫੂਕ ਪਾਵਨ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਿਥੀ ਪੈ ਧਰਤ ਹੈ ॥

कहूं कान फारे कहूं डंडी हुइ पधारे कहूं फूक फूक पावन कउ प्रिथी पै धरत है ॥

Somewhere Thou art a Kanphata Yougi and somewhere Thou roamest like a Dandi saint, somewhere Thou steppest on the earth very cautiously.

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਸਿਪਾਹੀ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਸਾਧਤ ਸਿਲਾਹਨ ਕੌ ਕਹੂੰ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਅਰ ਮਾਰਤ ਮਰਤ ਹੋ ॥

कतहूं सिपाही हुइ कै साधत सिलाहन कौ कहूं छत्री हुइ कै अर मारत मरत हो ॥

Somewhere becoming a soldier, Thou practisest arms and somewhere becoming a kshatriya, Thou slayest the enemy or be slayed Thyself.

ਕਹੂੰ ਭੂਮ ਭਾਰ ਕੌ ਉਤਾਰਤ ਹੋ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਕਹੂੰ ਭਵ ਭੂਤਨ ਕੀ ਭਾਵਨਾ ਭਰਤ ਹੋ ॥੫॥੧੫॥

कहूं भूम भार कौ उतारत हो महाराज कहूं भव भूतन की भावना भरत हो ॥५॥१५॥

Somewhere Thou removest the burden of the earth, O Supreme Sovereign! And somewhere Thou the wishes of the worldly beings. 5.15.

ਕਹੂੰ ਗੀਤ ਨਾਦ ਕੇ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਕੌ ਬਤਾਵਤ ਹੋ ਕਹੂੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਤਕਾਰੀ ਚਿਤ੍ਰਕਾਰੀ ਕੇ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं गीत नाद के निदान कौ बतावत हो कहूं न्रितकारी चित्रकारी के निधान हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou elucidatest the traits of song and sound and somewhere Thou art the treasure of dancing and painting.

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਪਯੂਖ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਪੀਵਤ ਪਿਵਾਵਤ ਹੋ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਮਯੂਖ ਊਖ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਦ ਪਾਨ ਹੋ ॥

कतहूं पयूख हुइ कै पीवत पिवावत हो कतहूं मयूख ऊख कहूं मद पान हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art ambrosia which Thou drinkest and causest to drink, somewhere Thou art honey and sugarcane juice and somewhere Thou seemest intoxicated with wine.

ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾ ਸੂਰ ਹੁਇ ਕੈ ਮਾਰਤ ਮਵਾਸਨ ਕੋ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਦੇਵਤਾਨ ਕੇ ਸਮਾਨ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं महा सूर हुइ कै मारत मवासन को कहूं महादेव देवतान के समान हो ॥

Somewhere, becoming a great warrior Thou slayeth the enemies and somewhere Thou art like the chief gods.

ਕਹੂੰ ਮਹਾਦੀਨ ਕਹੂੰ ਦ੍ਰਬ ਕੇ ਅਧੀਨ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਮੈ ਪ੍ਰਬੀਨ ਕਹੂੰ ਭੂਮ ਕਹੂੰ ਭਾਨ ਹੋ ॥੬॥੧੬॥

कहूं महादीन कहूं द्रब के अधीन कहूं बिदिआ मै प्रबीन कहूं भूम कहूं भान हो ॥६॥१६॥

Somewhere thou art very humble, somewhere Thou art full of ego, somewhere Thou art an adept in learning, somewhere Thou art earth and somewhere Thou art the sun. 6.16.

ਕਹੂੰ ਅਕਲੰਕ ਕਹੂੰ ਮਾਰਤ ਮਯੰਕ ਕਹੂੰ ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੍ਰਜੰਕ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁੱਧਤਾ ਕੀ ਸਾਰ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं अकलंक कहूं मारत मयंक कहूं पूरन प्रजंक कहूं सु्धता की सार हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art without any blemish, somewhere Thou smitest the moon, somewhere Thou art completely engrossed in enjoyment on Thy couch and somewhere Thou art the essence of Purity.

ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਵ ਧਰਮ ਕਹੂੰ ਸਾਧਨਾ ਕੇ ਹਰਮ ਕਹੂੰ ਕੁਤਸਤ ਕੁਕਰਮ ਕਹੂੰ ਧਰਮ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं देव धरम कहूं साधना के हरम कहूं कुतसत कुकरम कहूं धरम के प्रकार हो ॥

Somewhere Thou performest godly rituals, somewhere Thou art the Abode of religious discipline, somewhere Thou art the vicious actions and somewhere Thou art the vicious actions and somewhere Thou appearest in variety of virtuous acts.

ਕਹੂੰ ਪਉਨ ਅਹਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਕੇ ਬਿਚਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਜੋਗੀ ਜਤੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਚਾਰੀ ਨਰ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਰ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं पउन अहारी कहूं बिदिआ के बिचारी कहूं जोगी जती ब्रहमचारी नर कहूं नार हो ॥

Somewhere Thou subsistest on air, somewhere Thou art a learned thinker and somewhere Thou art a Yogi, a Celibate, a Brahmchari ( disciplined student), a man and a womean.

ਕਹੂੰ ਛਤ੍ਰਧਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਛਾਲਾ ਧਰੇ ਛੈਲ ਭਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਛਕਵਾਰੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਛਲ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥੭॥੧੭॥

कहूं छत्रधारी कहूं छाला धरे छैल भारी कहूं छकवारी कहूं छल के प्रकार हो ॥७॥१७॥

Somewhere Thou art a mighty sovereign, somewhere Thou art a great preceptor sitting on a deer-skin, somewhere Thou art prone to be deceived and somewhere Thou art various types of deception Thyself. 7.17.

ਕਹੂੰ ਗੀਤ ਕੇ ਗਵੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਨ ਕੇ ਬਜੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਤ ਕੇ ਨਚੱਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਰ ਕੋ ਅਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं गीत के गव्या कहूं बेन के बज्या कहूं न्रित के नच्या कहूं नर को अकार हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art singer of song somewhere Thou art player of flute, somewhere Thou art a dancer and somewhere in the form of a man.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਬਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਕੋਕ ਕੀ ਕਹਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਜਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਨੀ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਰ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं बेद बानी कहूं कोक की कहानी कहूं राजा कहूं रानी कहूं नार के प्रकार हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art the vedic hymns and somewhere the story of the elucidator of the mystery of love; somewhere Thou art Thyself the king, the queen and also various types of woman.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਨ ਕੇ ਬਜਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਧੇਨ ਕੇ ਚਰਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਲਾਖਨ ਲਵਯਾ ਕਹੂੰ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁਮਾਰ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं बेन के बजया कहूं धेन के चरया कहूं लाखन लवया कहूं सुंदर कुमार हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art the player of flute, somewhere the grazier of cows and somewhere Thou art the beautiful youth, enticer of lakhs (of lovely maids.)

ਸੁਧਤਾ ਕੀ ਸਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਦਾਤਾ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਨ੍ਰਿਦੋਖੀ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ॥੮॥੧੮॥

सुधता की सान हो कि संतन के प्रान हो कि दाता महा दान हो कि न्रिदोखी निरंकार हो ॥८॥१८॥

Somewhere Thou art the splendour of Purity, the life of the saints, the Donor of great charities and the immaculate Formless Lord. 8.18.

ਨਿਰਜੁਰ ਨਿਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਸਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਭੂਪਨ ਕੇ ਭੂਪ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਦਾਤਾ ਮਹਾ ਦਾਨ ਹੋ ॥

निरजुर निरूप हो कि सुंदर सरूप हो कि भूपन के भूप हो कि दाता महा दान हो ॥

O Lord! Thou art the Invisible Cataract, the Most Beautiful Entity, the King of Kings and the Donor of great charities.

ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਕੇ ਬਚਯਾ ਦੂਧ ਪੂਤ ਕੇ ਦਿਵਯਾ ਰੋਗ ਸੋਗ ਕੇ ਮਿਟਯਾ ਕਿਧੌ ਮਾਨੀ ਮਹਾ ਮਾਨ ਹੋ ॥

प्रान के बचया दूध पूत के दिवया रोग सोग के मिटया किधौ मानी महा मान हो ॥

Thou art the Saviour of life, the Giver of milk and offspring, the Remover of ailments and sufferings and somewhere Thou art the Lord of Highest Honour.

ਬਿਦਿਆ ਕੇ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਅਦ੍ਵੈ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸਿਧਤਾ ਕੀ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸੁਧਤਾ ਕੀ ਸਾਨ ਹੋ ॥

बिदिआ के बिचार हो कि अद्वै अवतार हो कि सिधता की सूरति हो कि सुधता की सान हो ॥

Thou art the essence of all learning, the embodiment of monism, the Being of All-Powers and the Glory of Sanctification.

ਜੋਬਨ ਕੇ ਜਾਲ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਕਾਲ ਹੂੰ ਕੇ ਕਾਲ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸਤ੍ਰਨ ਕੇ ਸੂਲ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਨ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਹੋ ॥੯॥੧੯॥

जोबन के जाल हो कि काल हूं के काल हो कि सत्रन के सूल हो कि मित्रन के प्रान हो ॥९॥१९॥

Thou art the snare of youth, the Death of Death, the anguish of enemies and the life of the friends. 9.19.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਾਦ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਕੋ ਬਿਖਾਦ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਦ ਕੋ ਨਨਾਦ ਕਹੂੰ ਪੂਰਨ ਭਗਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं ब्रहम बाद कहूं बिदिआ को बिखाद कहूं नाद को ननाद कहूं पूरन भगत हो ॥

O Lord! Somewhere Thou art in defic conduct, somewhere Thou appearest as contention in learning somewhere Thou art the tune of sound and somewhere a perfect saint (attuned with celestial strain).

ਕਹੂੰ ਬੇਦ ਰੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਨੀਤ ਅਉ ਅਨੀਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਜੁਆਲਾ ਸੀ ਜਗਤ ਹੋ ॥

कहूं बेद रीत कहूं बिदिआ की प्रतीत कहूं नीत अउ अनीत कहूं जुआला सी जगत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art Vedic ritual, somewhere the love for learning, somewhere ethical and unethical, and somewhere appearest as the glow of fire.

ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ ਕਹੂੰ ਇਕਾਤੀ ਕੋ ਜਾਪ ਕਹੂੰ ਤਾਪ ਕੋ ਅਤਾਪ ਕਹੂੰ ਜੋਗ ਤੇ ਡਿਗਤ ਹੋ ॥

पूरन प्रताप कहूं इकाती को जाप कहूं ताप को अताप कहूं जोग ते डिगत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou art perfectly Glorious, somewhere engrossed in solitary recitation, somewhere Remover of Suffering in great Agony and somewhere Thou appearest as a fallen yogi.

ਕਹੂੰ ਬਰ ਦੇਤ ਕਹੂੰ ਛਲ ਸਿਉ ਛਿਨਾਇ ਲੇਤ ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਸਰਬ ਠਉਰ ਏਕ ਸੇ ਲਗਤ ਹੋ ॥੧੦॥੨੦॥

कहूं बर देत कहूं छल सिउ छिनाइ लेत सरब काल सरब ठउर एक से लगत हो ॥१०॥२०॥

Somewhere Thou bestowest the Boon and somewhere withdraw it with deceit. Thou at all times and at all the places Thou comest into view as the same. 10.20.