Film On 84' Ghallughara

Deep Singh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this movie yesterday, I was dissapointed because the only part of the movie pertaining to 1984 was the scenes of the Delhi riots which was a very small focus of the entire 3 hr feature and everything else was merely a dipiction of some personal story.

The effort was there to produce a film of 1984, however Im not sure about what kind of intentions the director actually had, cause in no way was the image of Sikh characters in this hindi film brought to any respectable light.

This movie has simply added to distortion of the Sikh image by linking the Khalistan movement to Taliban Style training Camps.

This movie had alot of Sikh on Sikh Violence, some low grade music, excessive focus on Pakistan and Sikhs trainin in Taliban style camps, and indirectly puts blame on Sikhs for having caused events of 1984....and that was Hawayein

In short this movie says Bhinderwale was an all out terrorist and the whole Khalistan movement was baseless because Sikhs were treated very highly in India, and was because of greed amongst Sikhs that lived in Punjab who were after land that caused Hindus to retaliate on Sikhs.

• 2 weeks later...

the film didnt however show sikhs as instigators to the violence that took place then, they

showed hindu politicians, and in the movie i dont recall any sikhs being happy at indiras

death. true say the paki contol shown, and the sikh on sikh violence is a bit wrong, but on the plus side there are other things that people can learn form this movie, like the hero of the film sarabjit (amtoje mann) is a mona sikh and after the riots becomes a full sardar,

not a stereotypical one but a full nirola sardar. it may encourage so called sejhdari's

to become full sikhs.

• 4 weeks later...

WT* is this movie about???

Today i saw it and i hate it more than ever.. i can't even believe the story line it's one with big frigging messed up plot.. Very huge propaganda ..

Okay for the very first few part movie was good.. telling all the truth that how some unthinkable thing was done to sikhs of delhi and stuff.. but rest of the movie is heck a stupid.. it's very anti khalistan movement movie.. What's up with UP Bhaiyaas being the kharkooo thats just so crazy.. :umm:

And did u see how they show kharkooos of punjab in such a bad light.. It really hurts seeing this type of joke on them.. May God bless their soul..

At end.. yeah 15 mins of movie was good.. BUT rest of the movie with its story is huge mess up.. To me its like watching that physco "THE RING" movie all over again.. It SUX..

I don't know why punjabis/sikh around me love that movie.. Its Super DUper Sux dude... except the 15 mins part..