Buddhist monk is the world's happiest man- article nydaily

N30S1NGH

I have a lot of respect for Buddhist saints. Can someone clarify their stand on the "existence" of God, reincarnation, afterlife/heaven-hell, "existence" of soul? From what I know they don't believe in any of this?

from talking to a few buddhists in my life and to a few when I visited Sri Lanka (where the national religion is buddhism), they don't believe in God. They only believe in Nirvana, a state of enlightenment.

I read somewhere ages ago that buddhism was started to make the rakshas stop doing havan to vishnu or ishwar. basically, when the evil ones found out that the demi-gods get their power from vishnu, so they started to pray too and the demi-gods went to vishnu and pleaded and said if they, the evil ones come to heaven, they will destroy it...and this buddhism was started.

I don't know how much truth is in this....maybe somebody can shine some light on this

anybody remember, buddha boy, that documentary about a boy meditating and not eating or drinking anything, just meditating for 60 or 90 days, however some say that his family are making money off him, etc..

here is the documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzqjOjeIiw

note when his brother says that he has met brahma, etc and he wants to go deeper and meet God...

anyway, enjoy